Balancing rogue and fighter with extra feats with a regular rogue and fighter

Sravoff

First Post
Alright, for my next campign I am going to ahve a few different sets of races.

Or rather not so much races, but more as places in time...

1)The first place in time is the normal average D&D world. Magic, classes lalalah the works.
2)The next one is going to be the cyberware time. No magic whatso ever, so some classes need balancing.

For the cyberware time, All characters get a feat every level, because thats what they do, the have techology and they learn fast. So the only classes open to them are rogue and fighter.

So how can I balance the rogue and fighter classes, so a feat every level doesn't make them more powerful than a regular rogue or fighter, with only a feat once every three levels?

Thanks,
-Sravoff

DamionW

First Post
Well, my question is why are you trying to achieve balance with a regular rogue and fighter in this special situation? If those are their only two options and either class gets the feat every level, it really won't look much different than if they didn't get a feat every level. Some GMs here make the feat-a-level a house rule in all their campaigns. All it does is allow more obscure feats like skill boosts or save boost feats more of a viable option because you don't have to invest everything in your primary combat feats. So, what kind of balance are you really trying to achieve and why?

Sravoff

First Post
I meant to change the fighter and rogue that got the extra feats. Not the regualr ones.

It just seems slightly more powerful for the fighter and rogue to gain that many more feats.

But perhaps it isn't such a problem, and I should just leave as is, the techno people get a helluvah alot more feats than their medieval counterparts.

DamionW

First Post
Well, a lot of combat feats have BAB or level prereqs that they'll have to wait on anyway. So while they're waiting to meet the levels for some of the better feats they can try feats they might not have before.

Sravoff

First Post
DamionW said:
Well, a lot of combat feats have BAB or level prereqs that they'll have to wait on anyway. So while they're waiting to meet the levels for some of the better feats they can try feats they might not have before.
Good point, ok, thanks!

-Sravoff

genshou

First Post
The question of balancing a Fighter with other classes comes up every time a feat-every-level approach is mentioned in a thread. And, as Crothian and I point out, the Fighter is still just as many feats ahead of everyone else. There's no need to balance; your Fighters will still be a leg up on everyone else when it comes to feats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases