Rehabilitating chaotic-neutral

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I play a Chaotic Neutral character over on Living EN world (Sara the happy, oft times tipsy, gladiator wannabe), and I was thinking recently about how she's really very nice. Like the line from Into the Woods, she's not Good, she's not Bad, she's just nice. :) I decided she was Chaotic because she's a bit of a loose cannon, little focus and doesn't like too much structure. She's Neutral because while she wouldn't hurt someone who wasn't threatening her, she also wouldn't go out of her way to help someone who she didn't have a prior emotional attachment to.

Luckily, she almost never considers the chance to fight something challanging going out of her way, and she's formed a strong friendship (and a bit of a crush) with another character so she can be talked into an adventure if he's intersted in it. She works well with others during a fight, and is always willing to help out people she is traveling with in little ways. She doesn't like people bossing her, though. And she almost started a fight with a paladin on her first job who was checking everyone's metaphysical accpetability to adventure with him. But they patched that up ok....

What she is not is the stereotypical "semi-psychotic loner who has to be dragged into every adventure kicking and screaming and randomly argues with other party members over nothing" that have caused so many DMs to consider banning the CN allignment. She is a basicly happy, basicly nice adventurer who likes to adventure and generally likes the people she's with.

So help me rehabilitiate the chaotic neutral allignment! Tell everyone of your sane, non obstructionist characters who happened to be best described by that little corner of the alligment chart...

Voadam

Legend
Snarrek, Jungle troll barbarian. A warrior big into personal honor and his macho warrior persona. He is part of the WoW horde but couldn't care less about it. It is merely a vehicle for him to earn glorious personal triumphs through combat after having been cast out of his tribe for angering an ancestor spirit. His units have been slaughtered time and again and he has had to blend into new units. He cares about individuals, not groups, not races, not his companions allegiances.

So his friends are his friends and anyone who makes themselves his enemy provides instant adventure hooks.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases