Venting

Nellisir

Hero
Just cause I need to share a little frustration with -somebody-....

So there's this stuff, see, that's supposed to be easy, but it isn't, always. It hasn't been really difficult, but it's been frustrating and tiring. And just as things are about to get serious, bang, it happens, and everything's good. Nervous, but good. New, and nervous, but good. No big expensive serious stuff, just the usual. Except suddenly it isn't usual, or it is usual up to maybe 25% of the time, and now you're in that 25%, and back to the point where things are going to get serious and expensive. That 25% wasn't life-threatening, or really late in the game -- quite the opposite. It's not infrequent at all. But it's damned well never happened to you, and it's a giant step back, and a heavy blow, all at the same time. And now you gotta go untell people before they say something to the wrong person at the wrong time.

I can handle it...it just, y'know...sucks.

Argh.

Last edited:

crybaby

First Post
Frukathka said:
Where is a hug smiley when you need one?

I Agree no good smilies for hugging.
Hope things get better and i hope your vent helped! Good luck with the untelling, that can prove to be tricky somtimes.

diaglo

Adventurer
just make sure you tell the untelling honestly from your own perspective. that way the people involved will know you mean it sincerely.

Nellisir

Hero
Rel said:
I'm intrigued by this whole "untelling" concept. Does it involve a "flashy thing"? ;)

No, though that would be handy. We had a doctor's visit today, and it's offical; my wife had a miscarriage. It was very early in the pregnancy, so no health issues, and it's not uncommon. But now we have to "untell" people she's pregnant (we hadn't told anyone in our families yet, thankfully -- just the woman who cuts my hair (who guessed); a friend that's also pregnant; and another friend.

Like I said, she was only 6-7 weeks along and there were no health complications. It's a kick in the gut, but we hadn't picked out names or baby furniture or clothes or anything. The ob/gyn we saw today said his daughter has had four children and four miscarriages. We'll start trying again in two months; I just hope it doesn't take another year and a half, though.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Nellisir, I'm sorry to hear it, both for you and your wife. It's a hard thing to keep secret, I can imagine, until you're sure you're out of the danger zone, and for some women, that can be quite a few months.

I wish you and your wife the best of fortunes on this.

Remove ads