Hopelessly Hungry Hivemind Hideout

Kemrain

First Post
What a hopelessly hectic hivemind we have.

I'm at work two hours early, because my boss didn't give me this week's schedule. At least she'll pay me for the time. They're playing 'holiday music' on the radio I'll be killed if I touch. It's offensive. I haven't heard a single non-christmas song. Well, there are some winter songs, like Jingle Bells, but no Hanukkah songs at all. What a thinly veiled attempt at political correctness.

Tomorrow, I'm coming in on time.

- Kemrain the Early.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I happen to agree. I am a very accepting person, but when it comes to denominational holiday music, the amount of Christian music sometimes annoys me. It is a National Holiday, but not everyone celebrates it. Sure our nation was founded on the concept of one religion, but not even everyone then was of the same faith. I feel for you Kemrain.

- Frukathka the Caring

reveal

Adventurer
I try not to politicize my Christmas. The season is about acceptance, compassion, and giving. I wouldn't care if they played heavy metal all season, it doesn't affect my spirit.

Kemrain

First Post
Well, there's also the fact that I can't stand that kind of music.. And heavy metal all season would be terribly refreshing.

- Kemrain the Hopeful for Next Year.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I like Christmas music. I wait all year to hear it on the radio. I know some don't, I think radio stations should be mindful of that and maybe not play it all the time. We have 2 of them that do that here. They play the crappy pop stuff not the good country.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Kemrain said:

I'm at work two hours early, because my boss didn't give me this week's schedule. At least she'll pay me for the time. They're playing 'holiday music' on the radio I'll be killed if I touch. It's offensive. I haven't heard a single non-christmas song. Well, there are some winter songs, like Jingle Bells, but no Hanukkah songs at all. What a thinly veiled attempt at political correctness.

- Kemrain the Early.

Or in my case, CHRISTIAN Christmas songs. ;)

Sure wish I could "spike" MUZAK with some Weird Al XMas music..... :]

Or that Adam Sandler "Hanukkah Song" :lol:

Happy Hanukkah to you! :)

Last edited:

Darth K'Trava

First Post
reveal said:
I try not to politicize my Christmas. The season is about acceptance, compassion, and giving. I wouldn't care if they played heavy metal all season, it doesn't affect my spirit.

I'd take Guns N' Roses (and other metal bands) over the repetitive drivel (re: CRAP!) we have to endure!!

I'm tired of hearing songs about snow on Christmas (obviously written by yankees!), songs about screwing around with Santa under the mistletoe (keep your desires for Santa away from here!) and material related songs (Last I checked, Christmas wasn't about the material, it was about friends, family and joy and happiness and sharing with those less fortunate).

Bront

The man with the probe
Darth K'Trava said:
I'd take Guns N' Roses (and other metal bands) over the repetitive drivel (re: CRAP!) we have to endure!!

I'm tired of hearing songs about snow on Christmas (obviously written by yankees!), songs about screwing around with Santa under the mistletoe (keep your desires for Santa away from here!) and material related songs (Last I checked, Christmas wasn't about the material, it was about friends, family and joy and happiness and sharing with those less fortunate).
There's a christmas song that gets some good air time that makes up for that all.

Sing it!

Grandma got runover by a Reindeer.... :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Kemrain said:

- Kemrain the Early.
Not to say I'm supprised they're out there, but you're the first person I've heard of who has spoken out agaist the prejudicial nature of the season. However, I agree that you should't be subjected baring particular circumstances (such as working a retail job).

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kemrain said:

- Kemrain the Early.
Do you celebrate Hanukkah?

Remove ads