Eric's Grandma: Update

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hi gang,

Last year about this time many of you sent post cards to my grandma. At the time, she was living with my folks and was undergoing chemo for cancer. The thought at the time was that she might not live much longer.

I'm happy to report that in the past year, the chemo treatments appear to have worked a miracle, as she is now cancer free. She's living in her own home again and seems healthier than she has been in years.

I wanted to share a little annecdote: she was talking about a friend of hers and how she was able to stay friends with someone who wasn't of the same religion as she was. This friend started things off by saying, "I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mind. As long as we remember that, we can be friends." My grandma thought that sounded extremely reasonable, and thus they were able to form a firm friendship. I once again thought of her influence on me, and thus on EN World's forums. That sounds like good advice for any kind of opinionated conversation -- a way to keep things civil. :) Thanks to all of you who follow Grandma's advice every day on these forums. It really makes a difference.

Eric

Mystery Man

First Post
EricNoah said:
I'm happy to report that in the past year, the chemo treatments appear to have worked a miracle, as she is now cancer free. She's living in her own home again and seems healthier than she has been in years.

Great news!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'm glad to hear that she's doing better and I wish her a healthy, happy 2006! The world needs Grandma. The ENWorld in particular.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
To borrow a phrase from another thread..."Its a Christmas Miracle!"

Good to hear she's doing well, man. Good to hear.

Remove ads