The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I guess Rowan won't be taking 'extend spell' as his next feat as intended if he can't use it while raging. :p Thanks for the catch, Patlin. I'm a rules lightweight, as you know.
For round 3 Rowan will forgo combat expertise and tripping. His HPs are back at 14.

BIC: Rowan feels his opponent is injured enough for the finisher. He lashes out with his flail again at his opponent.

OOC: attack; dmg: 20+6=26; 10+6=16. Damn. Hate to waste that roll on a half-dead zombie...

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Boog runs around the wall, and finds that the Miller's house is attached to the back of the mill.
Boog's first response to discovering that the door near the cleric didn't lead to the outside wasn't fit for polite company. Quickly, he thought to his companions, "This is going to take longer than I thought, I have to go through another building first." His private thoughts were a little different: "A creature of pure thought. If I were a creature of pure thought, I could go through those walls." Where had that come from? He'd read something like that in the monastery library, hadn't he? That thought, that idea kept coming back to him.[sblock=OoC: ]
Patlin said:
[At a run, Boog can cover quite a lot of distance in a straight line. Where does he wish to stop running -- anywhere V8 to V-8 would be fine.]
V-7, just past the corner, will be fine. As Boog runs, he'll try to glance into the windows of the house to get an idea of the layout inside. However, if there is an open window on the east side of the house, Boog will probably stop due east of it, with the intention of climbing through it on the next round.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Thanks for the catch, Patlin. I'm a rules lightweight, as you know.

ooc: But a roleplaying heavyweight! :)

Round 3 Concludes
As the Cleric finishes his chanting, a man-sized scorpion appears (at T15) and heads towards the melee. It hustles over to I20, menacing Rowan.

The Cleric who summoned it follows in its wake, moving to t16.

Julianna swings at z3 but missed.

Rowan destroys z2 with a mighty blow.

The zombies reach for Rowan once again, with eerie persistance. Fortunately, they are ineffectual.

Patlin

Explorer
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z

-9  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-8  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-7  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-6  |  |  |  |[]|[]|[]|[]|DD|[]|[]|[]|[]|oo|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-5  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-4  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-3  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-2  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-1  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
00  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
01  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |[]|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|DD|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|Bo|  |  |  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
11  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
15  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |[]|  |  |  |  |
16  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |h1|[]|  |  |  |  |
17  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |Sc|  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |  |z1|Ro|z3|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|dd|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ju|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

-- = horrizontal wall
[] = vertical wall
ww = Mill Wheel: dangerous and difficult terrain, provides partial cover if you fire across it
mm = other mill machinery, as above but less dangerous to cross

z1 = Zombie 1, etc.
h1 = Human Cleric
Ju = Julianna
Bo = Boog
Ro = Rowan

dd = open door
DD = closed door
oo = window

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 Begins
Boog slows as he rounds the corner, examining the window. [From u1] he can see curtains inside the fixed piece of glass, though he gets the impression something is moving about beyond them.

The scorpion attacks Rowan, missing with the evil looking stinger and one claw, but critically hitting Rowan for 4 damage with the remaining claw. [Rowan: Beat a DC 9 grapple check or be grappled.]

The Cleric moves up to N21.

[Rowan is up...]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Boog slows as he rounds the corner, examining the window. [From u1] he can see curtains inside the fixed piece of glass, though he gets the impression something is moving about beyond them.
Boog was pretty bright, and he figured things out quickly. "If they're moving, they're not tied up, and they're not the hostages, but confederates...it'll take too long, even if I can beat them", he reasoned. His mental message to the rest of his group was much more terse: "No good - I'm coming back." He abruptly turned on his heels and made all haste to help his partners in the fight.[sblock=OoC: ]Boog will move as quickly as possible to the vicinity of I23 - Juliana's current position.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan wrenches his arm out of the scorpion's claw w/o difficulty. Juliana acts before Rowan. If she successfully downs z3, Rowan will take the withdrawl action, moving 40 feet back out of the mill. At an apporximate diagonal, he would end up at about N26.

If Juliana doesn't drop z3, Rowan has no choice but to stand and deliver. He'd shift to face z3, and smack it with his flail.

OOC: Opposed grapple check 12+6=18. Rowan at 10 HPs. I'll resist rolling an attack against z3, b/c I'm pretty sure Juliana's got it. By moving to I22 directly (diagonally), Rowan should be able to avoid any AoOs in his withdraw.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 Concludes
Rowan delays till after Julianna.

Julianna slashes at Z3, dealing 5 more damage to the monster she had previously injured for 6. It's still up and fighting. [ooc: You both seemed pretty sure it would go down... did I miss some damage?]

Rowan, seeing his route still blocked, swings his flail at the offending Zombie but misses.

The Zombies attack Rowan, dealing 13 damage and dropping the Barbarian to the ground.

Another Revised Initiative
Boog
Scorpion
Human Cleric
Julianna
Rowan
Zombies

Remove ads