[Exalted] Solar Circle of the West - whole slew of updates 3/8/09

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 60 - Kick Her Into Gear! We’ll Be At Hoen-Ba In A Year!

Session 60

Synopsis of 12/03/07

Kick Her Into Gear! We’ll Be At Hoen-Ba In A Year!
Subtitle: Tiger Shrugged, Which Was the Style At The Time
-By Ao the Overkitty

Having conquered Atlantis, the Circle started finishing up things they needed to do before they went about the year long hiatus from adventuring to consolidate their power and contemplate their navels.

A-dom decided he wanted to go searching what happened to the Manse on Markus’ Gift, so he dove underwater and swam. He noted that the underside of Markus’ Gift looked like an ice cream cone, albeit one that was missing a large chunk of it; almost like someone lopped it off as opposed to biting or blowing the chunk off. While looking around, he found large golden chains leading from Markus’ Gift to Atlantis, from Atlantis to Weijin Island, and from Weijin Island to Markus’ Gift. The chains were screwed in to Weijin Island. How they were attached to the other two islands was not commented upon.

A-dom told Gareth about this and dragged Gareth back to show him. Noting that Weijin Island was a real island, unlike Markus’ Gift and Atlantis, they deduced that it was a docking spot. A-dom found the uselessness of the real island highly disturbing. He vowed the barren hunk of rock would be more useful after he got done with it.

A-dom: I’ll plant a man and a woman there and say, ‘:):):):) and get at it. I’m watching you, here’s a shrub. This island is now populated.’

After a couple months, the Circle went to go check out the propulsion manse. Graynery looked completely different now. There was a butte, a waterfall off of the butte, a delta at the end of the river, and three plateaus on top of one another with a cliff at the end of them.

A-dom: Ah, they got the cliffs AND the buttes in there. Good to see they came to some sort of agreement.

There was also a small, hundred foot by hundred foot long desert. A-dom commented about putting some Giant Worms in that desert.

Alex: He who controls the spice, controls Creation!

Ryan: Eat your worm poo, damn it!

Paul: I’d like to point out that right now Liz is looking at Ryan like he is completely insane.

Alex: Which is like every week.

The farmers hadn’t really come out of hiding yet. They referred to the area as the Demon Spawned Area.

The Circle found a hole in the middle of the street of what was left of the town. There was sharp glass leading to it, to make it that much more dangerous.

Tiger: Gareth! Can you build a wall around this? Mortals are just going to fall in.

A brief discussion was held about whether a wall would obstruct the essence flows. A-dom brought this discussion to a close by jumping down the hole. The others followed.

The Underground was now lit by glowing essence from the ceiling. Every once in a while there was a rune that was out or one that was flashing, but most of the lights are working.

They wandered over to where the Manse was supposed to be to find a Gargoyle for a door. When they were asked for a password, Gareth remembered that there wasn’t a password before. Finding out the demons put in a password, the group wandered back up to the Inn to look around.

The Inn was a complete mess with the walls covered in demonic scribbles that would likely cause insanity to anyone who read it. Naturally, the entire group started reading to find the password. None of them went any more insane than they already were. Jade’s Luck found the password was Manse is Fixed Now.

Ryan: That is the lamest password ever.

Alex: It could have been 12345.

Trying the password, it worked. They found out that only the manse owner could change the password. A-dom got an evil glint in his eye that immediately got him Jade’s Luck’s veto on getting the manse. A-dom sulked.

A-dom: If there was someone to flashy-thingy this, I would allow this to be flashy-thingied, but if I owned this manse…

He was stopped right there, being generally berated as untrustworthy to control the propulsion of the island.

The group went on into a room full of glowy things and weird stuff. There were lots of slider bars. Gareth looked all around the room and investigated the controls. With an impressive feat of investigation, he figured out just how the directional and speed controls of the island worked in theory.

Wandering around, they found the Manse really didn’t have much in the way of habitable areas or amenities. It had an eating room, but that was about it. They found another room that had huge Tesla coils with controls that Gareth figured out was the Wyld Repulsion System.

They then found the Hearthstone Room and noted there were three Hearthstones. A-dom looked at his other three Circle mates and sighed.

They then found what looked to be a Communications Center. A-dom immediately tried to use it until someone told him they probably needed someone attuned to the manse for it to work.

Gareth: I’m sorry A-dom. I just don’t trust you with the Propulsion system.

A-dom: Shocking!

A-dom claimed first dibs on the next manse. Gareth figured out that each Hearthstone controlled a different part of the Manse. Tiger examined them spiritually to determine which Hearthstone was which. Gareth asked Jade’s Luck if she wanted to control the Wyld. She liked that idea. He took the Propulsion Hearthstone for himself. Gareth actually didn’t have a problem with A-dom being in control of communications.

A-dom (to Tiger): Fight to the death?

Tiger shrugged.

A-dom: He shrugged. I want it. Give me!

A-dom was then bequeathed the Communications Hearthstone. He gleefully ran off to the Communications room to try it out.

Jade’s Luck: Yeah, give that to the guy who can yell really loud.

A-dom: I will use my powers for awesome.

Gareth: And the glory of the Unconquered Sun?

A-dom: Yes. WHEE!!! Come in! Come in!

A-dom found he could communicate with the Curator of Yew and that was it for now. He just got static from the other channels. Gareth had the bad idea of getting the Cannibalistic Voodoo Mice and putting them inside the Wretched Tomb of Sijan so they could talk to the mice.

A-dom: Aren’t you supposed to be the good guy? I’m pretty sure if we let the mice run around they’re eventually going to kill half the populace. They might just start doing it to get food.

They found out from the Curator that Markus’s Gift’s former Manse was an add-on to the Wyld Repulsion System. They found that there were several different anchorage points on Atlantis, just only two of them were currently active. So, if they wanted, they could turn the island around and redock ‘backwards.’ Which is why it was Gareth who was in control of propulsion. Gareth figured out the maximum speed of the island was one mile an hour.

Jade’s Luck went to the Wyld Propulsion System room to figure out how it worked before turning it on. It had a map of creation with two glowing lights on it; one for A-dom’s Manse and one for this Manse. Jade’s Luck decided not to turn it on at the time, since Aylee was on the island currently.

A-dom talked about ramming Weijin Island. This was shot down.

Gareth set out adding to the Gargoyle’s list, since he had the primary controls to the manse. They found out that both lists were permanent and that you couldn’t be on both lists. He added the Circle to the list of people allowed in the manse. The five mothers were added to the do not admit list. Gareth changed the password to Mortals Stay Alive and told the others.
Tiger: Now one will believe it, cause its not true.

Gareth: It is something to strive for.

They found out the gargoyle of the Manse was named Frankie.

Jade’s Luck: Why is it not possible to change the lists?

Frankie: Because it is set in stone.

They found it might be possible to start a new list if you found a new gargoyle for the manse. There was lots of discussion about how Frankie didn’t understand the geography of Creation.

A-dom: We’re going to create a spirit that tells other spirits things and makes them useful.

Frankie: I’m not a spirit.

A-dom: Shut up! I want to stop talking to the door now. I don’t like the door anymore.

Gareth found out that Frankie could say Sidereal and knew that people forgot about them a lot. Sometimes they built manses and some of them were sorcerers. That was it, though.

Jade’s Luck: Maybe gargoyles are outside of fate.

They found out that the things before gods made gargoyles and Frankie was contractually obligated not to talk about them. Jade’s Luck didn’t seem to get the contractually obligated part and kept asking questions about the Primordials.

Jade’s Luck tried to figure out the controls of the Wyld Repulsion System, then yelled for Gareth. To him, it appeared that the stations had a harmonious amplification affect with each other. Right now, it looked like, when turned on, it would only repel the Wyld with respect to the island of Atlantis.

Jade’s Luck: Do demons get messed up by the Wyld?

Paul: You have no idea.

A-dom: Find me one and I’ll throw one in. I wonder how many mortals that would count for?

Jade’s Luck: Well, Calibration is coming up. There are demons following us around…

A-dom: You know, between me and Tiger, we could probably summon one.

Jade’s Luck: No. Big, :):):):)ing no.

A-dom: So, Tiger. What are you doing during Calibration?

Tiger: NOT summoning demons!

A-dom: Awwww!

Tiger: In fact, I think I’ll be following you around during Calibration.

When she got a chance later on, Jade’s Luck popped in on pirate island to see what Jahar was doing over Calibration.

Random Pirate #47: I think Jahar said something about having a big party. He said everyone should bring a candle.

Jade’s Luck then had to explain the Jahar really needed a keeper for Calibration, since he didn’t quite grasp the concept that he needed one. She instilled nonmagical fear in the residents of the island.

Jade’s Luck got the idea that she needed to get an artifact made for A-dom for Calibration; one that sucked the essence from the wearer.

A-dom hugged the statue in the City of Yew for a while, getting a good idea from it.

A-dom: I’ll be back for you when I have some xp.

Sometime during the downtime, Jade’s Luck commissioned Gareth to make little club rattles for the babies as gifts from A-dom. Those took no time at all.

During the year, Gareth didn’t completely forget about his wife. He did at times, but was reminded regularly. Jade’s Luck channeled the gifts and cards energy that she used to do for Jahar to Gareth & A-dom.

After the year of downtime was over, the group discussed what they were going to do next. The plan ended up being going to Skullstone for two months to finish Gareth’s contract. They would use the portal doohickey at the Elemental Manse for speed. They would then sail from Elemental Island to the Sea of Curses to see if they could deal with the Sapphire Sentinel that should be wandering around in there. Well, at least see what they’d be dealing with. This would also require asking Hurricane Manse guy to turn off the hurricane there for a bit. This would allow them to visit a few more island along the way. By estimation, they figured they now had two years before this particular Sentinel reached a populated island. They probably had seven or eight years before another reached Abalone.

A-dom also finally remembered that he should go visit his kids and wife sometime. Yes, he waited until after the year of downtime to realize this, despite the book of names and portraits Jade’s Luck had made back before Atlantis was conquered.

A-dom: Well, I need to build up the myth of daddy!

Paul: I wonder if A-dom is going to end up with a cult out of this.

Ryan: Well, I planned on getting a cult sometime. Might as well be my children.

They then started discussing a paddleboat with a hamster wheel inside for A-dom or Tiger. It was decided two hamster wheels would be bad, since making the boat do donuts would be bad. Gareth tried to figure out if he could alter his existing, unused boat or if he’d have to build a new one.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 61 - I’m Sure The Assassinations Will Pick Back Up Now That I’m Here

Session 61

Synopsis of 12/17/07

I’m Sure The Assassinations Will Pick Back Up Now That I’m Here
Subtitle: A-dom’s Navel Is The Wyld For Lint
Alternate Subtitle: Haters of Skelly Are Communists
-By Ao the Overkitty

Back on Elemental Island, the group assembled in front of the portal.

Gareth: Okay, before we depart, I want to make sure we’re on the same page here. We’re not talking about Yew. We are absolutely not talking about Yew. The Bodhisattva doesn’t need to know that Jade’s Luck used to be Yew.

Jade’s Luck opened up the portal Skullstone to look through it. It was pitch dark on the other side. Jade’s Luck thought about throwing a torch through and immediately realized it was a horrible idea to throw something through the Wyld. As the portal spun around, they were able to make out two walls and pitch dark in two directions.

Gareth: Tiger, you’re on expedition duty.

Tiger: I heard what was being said, you know.

Gareth: Which is why you’re it.

Jade’s Luck: You’re the one that can hang onto the wall if it turns out there isn’t a floor.

Tiger hopped through onto the wall and lit up the area. He immediately noticed he was in the sewer. It smelt worse than a regular sewer, since it had undead poo gas in it. It had the same general look and feel of the sewer they had been in before there. He waved the others through. Jade’s Luck put the portal on hold so her Manse didn’t fill with poo.

A-dom: Yippie! It’s Market day and we’re in a sewer. Oh boy!

Jade’s Luck: Do we want to go towards the source or the outlet?

A-dom: Outlet. Always the outlet. Cause it might not do much damage to us, but you don’t necessarily want to be covered in poo.

Gareth: Why don’t we just find a manhole cover and get out of here?

They quickly found a manhole cover and exited. A-dom climbed up the ladder and peeked out, seeing a small town. The group walked out onto the street and closed the cover. They found out they were in a random Podunk town two miles from Onyx and headed out.

Wandering up to the gate guards of Onyx, Gareth stated his business in town was he had a contract with the Bodhisattva. They were lead to an antechamber and told they could have beer while they waited.

A-dom: Mmm. Undead Beer.

Gareth: Nope. Just beer.

A-dom amused himself by offering Jade’s Luck beer, which she refused. Gareth pointed out Jade’s Luck could go home for lunch each day.

Eventually Master Gareth and his bodyguards were led in to see the Bodhisattva. The Bodhisattva was delighted to see them and greeted them warmly. He sent a lackey off to get some paperwork detailing the new workshop and materials he’ll need.

They found out there had been fewer assassinations since the group had left the island. Some of the apprentices he had trained survived and continued to work. The Bodhisattva inquired about Jahar and they let him know that Jahar had ‘wandered off’ and that they had been cycling through Eclipses lately.

A-dom: We’re kind of in between Eclipses at the moment.

The Bodhisattva said it was nice to see there were more ‘of you’ around now. When A-dom said there were less, the Bodhisattva clarified.

Bodhisattva: Yes, but if you’re cycling through Eclipses, that means there is Jahar and another, plus that other fellow.

When asked, the Bodhisattva said the other guy was Moonbeam something or other. He said he was in the West somewhere, but he had no clue what caste he was.

The Bodhisattva referred to the Mortician as his friend and talked to A-dom about the little black books. A-dom returned volume one to the Bodhisattva. A-dom then pointed out the addition to the book. The Bodhisattva quickly learned the spell and commented that Dark Opec hadn’t given anyone a new spell in a very long time.

When asked, the Bodhisattva said it was hard to sift through all of the applicants for the new Shadowland. He said it was hard to find someone willing to move, take on new responsibilities, was trustworthy and good with dealing with the living.

When the lackey returned, he had with him details on where Gareth’s new shop was going to be and blueprints for a special project the Bodhisattva had for him. It looked fairly easy to Gareth how to make the thing, he just had no clue what it did. It looked like a modern art sculpture to him. When asked what it was, Gareth was told it was a defensive weapon.

A-dom: Shoots babies, obviously!

Tiger took a look at the blueprint and was pretty sure it channeled necromantic energy to shoot ghosts. It was like the death ray on Jahar’s island, but only targeted ghosts. He kept this information to himself for the time being, since the Bodhisattva had not seen fit to expand upon his own description of the weapon’s use.

The group got into a discussion with the Bodhisattva about what happened to a ghost when it was killed. Normally they just reformed twenty four hours later, unless they were tossed into the Void. The group learned a bit about the Void and the Labyrinth in this discussion. The Void was described as being kind of the opposite of the Wyld. While the Wyld randomly created, the Void only destroyed.

Jade’s Luck: Well, that doesn’t sound all together wonderful.

Bodhisattva: Well, when things are getting randomly created, sometimes things need to be destroyed. Otherwise everything would be cluttered.

The Void existed underneath the Underworld. The Labyrinth was created to protect the Underworld from the Void.

Bodhisattva: Because, without the Labyrinth, whenever a Shadowland was created, the mortals would see into the Void. And then there would be a lot of screaming and death. Well, not so much death as disappearance.

He then went on to say that the Labyrinth was a rather useful, if dangerous thing.

A-dom asked what the defensive weapon was for defending against and the Bodhisattva responded ‘other Deathlords’. Not the Mortician, the cranky insane ones.

The Bodhisattva was warned that the Sapphire Sentinels had been released. It was kind of the group’s fault, but mostly Wretch’s fault. The Bodhisattva commented about possibly warding his island against Sapphire.

Jade’s Luck tried to get some info about history out of the Bodhisattva. He did say Wretch’s time was before he was born.

The conversation meandered to talking about the switching of the castes, whose fault that was, and the invite to dinner from the Yozis. They found out that the End of All Knowledge was gagged because he talked too much. Apparently the End of All Knowledge knew everything. He got his slips of paper from his chair, which was made of a collection of all Solar Religious Texts. Comments were made about making a trip there next Calibration. Cause that couldn’t go wrong.

The Bodhisattva was let in on just how bad the Circle was at their faith; contractual obligation, swearing and all.

Gareth: I’ve gotten much better than that. I pray everyday. It says so on my character sheet.

Gareth thanked the Bodhisattva for his time and were led off towards the new workshop. The servant said he could arrange for more apprentices, if he liked.

Jade’s Luck: You’ve been getting fewer assassination attempts?

Servant: Yes. Mostly just simple knives now. The majority of them ceased after the assassination attempt on Gareth.

Gareth: I’m sure they’ll pick up again now that I’m back.

Servant: Ah, good to know. My son didn’t really want to become an apprentice now anyway.

Gareth stated he would be happy to train apprentices in his spare time.

Once alone, Tiger filled the rest of the group in on what the weapon did.

Gareth started working and the others set up guard schedules. They usually had two guards on, one guard off.

In his off time, A-dom went drinking. He spent a lot of time with Drunken Raven. At no point during his drinking did he break down and go whoring or ask the Bodhisattva for more necromancy. He went to see the Bodhisattva when he was sober (and alone).

A-dom asked where the little black books came from and was told the First Age. He found out that the first volume was written by the Necromancer Yew. He segued into asking about a city that looked like it should exist in the underworld, but didn’t. He explained that it was a city of ghosts in Creation, but not a shadowland. The Bodhisattva stated that that was a very special case of :):):):)ed up. With the further explanation of it being created by the death of Yew, the Bodhisattva figured out they were talking about the City of Yew. He explained the Manse the city was built around protected the citizens and did not distinguish between living and dead so long as they were citizens. It defined protects as kept safe in all ways it was able. He postulated that the Manse was preventing the ghosts from going away and it was imbued with necromantic energy to begin with. The Bodhisattva did not see a good way to work around it without taking the Manse apart. He further postulated that all of the necromantic energy of the underworld was sucked out and fed into Creation, thus the lack of anything being in the area. He said that it might be an interesting place to practice Necromancy. A-dom found out the Statue was called the Statue of Divine Inspiration and was designed to divinely inspire necromancers. The Bodhisattva said he thought the statue was destroyed when Yew was, but A-dom told him it was there intact. A-dom then stated his desire to get Dark Opec to become his mentor. The Bodhisattva said that Dark Opec might be interested in doing that for a few random favors; probably random stones from the Underworld.

A-dom: Yeah, I figured I’d have to collect skulls from various islands in the Underworld.

Bodhisattva: Hmm… Sounds like an interesting ideas.

A-dom filled the Bodhisattva on the saga of Skelly. He then asked about Dragon-Blood ghosts. Since the group had killed a powerful Dragon-blood and hadn’t found her ghost, they were wondering what was going on with that. The Bodhisattva postulated that she might have immediately moved on, depending upon how complete she thought her life was.

A-dom: She was a bitch. I don’t suppose she could feel her life was complete blowing half the :):):):)ing island up… Taking over Atlantis didn’t go so well, but, you know, it’s ours now.

The Bodhisattva expressed surprise about A-dom creating a Shadowland in Atlantis. A-dom told him it was a screw-up, but he had learned from the experience. He then clarified that he would ask the Bodhisattva to be his mentor, but there were politics involved and he didn’t want to deal with them yet.

Bodhisattva: It’s okay. In a few thousand years, your friends might trust me more.

A-dom: Well, maybe once we get to know Creation and the Underworld a bit better, we’ll get to learn, well, you and the Undertaker, are, well, the better ones.

Bodhisattva: Yes. We’re the good guys!

Alex: The Undertaker is a bad guy. The Mortician is a good guy.

Ryan: Yes. Mortician. Wait, there’s an Undertaker?

A-dom asked if the Bodhisattva knew who wrote book number two. He said he’d look into it. A-dom said he’d keep his eye out for book number three.

A-dom: After a while, you know, these books might become a little scary.

Bodhisattva: Well, they require self-reflection.

A-dom: Yeah, I got some of that.

The Bodhisattva then explained that there was nothing inherently wrong with the books, they just require reflecting upon what was wrong in one’s life. A-dom expressed he didn’t really need that, since it kind of happened naturally. The Bodhisattva said it was better to face these things than to let the happen. A-dom then thanked the Bodhisattva for all of his help.

Liz: And see, I’m the good son!

The Bodhisattva suggested that A-dom check on paperwork on the Sentinels, since there was probably paperwork on them in heaven somewhere. The Bodhisattva then told A-dom there was a door to Heaven nearby, but he wouldn’t necessarily want to use it. It seems that, when the area became a Shadowland, the door got shunted into the Labyrinth. The door still went to Heaven and the Labyrinth decided who got to use it. The Labyrinth generally only let crazies use it and it tried to help people qualify.

During their bodyguarding duty, Gareth taught them the finer points of smithing; they were just not supernaturally compelled to spend xp on the training. A-dom actually decided he wanted to learn a little metalworking and learned a dot in Craft (Fire).

Dan: Ah. Ryan spending XP. You never know where it is going to go.

Paul: Because having him being able to make the weapons for his undead army can’t be bad.

Jade’s Luck used the time to learn Element-Resisting Prana so she could pull stuff out of the forge with her bare hands and hand it to Gareth.

Tiger spent his time bodyguarding actually paying attention.

Gareth did receive two mortal apprentices to train during the time.

A month passed with no assassination attempts. At one point, A-dom thought a guy was trying to kill Gareth, but it turned out the guy was just lost. Thankfully, the guy was a ghost, so he just reformed the next day.

Jade’s Luck had Tiger and A-dom search for secret passages in the shop. Surprisingly, they found a passage under the anvil. Strangely, the anvils in this city were designed to slide sideways. Gareth built a lock and attached it to the anvil and the floor and declared the anvil locked.

When the servant who visited the forge each day with food arrived, Jade’s Luck asked him why all the anvils had secret passageways under them, the servant responded that they thought it was because the creators of the island were insane. When asked why no one had altered this after the assassination attempts, the servant said they didn’t like messing with first age stuff.

Servant: I mean, there is an Inn with a floor that flips over. At random. They suspended all of their furniture.

The servant didn’t care if a lock was put on an anvil, since he didn’t live there.

Paul: So, what do other people do in their free time?

Dan: Eat babies.

The group devolved into talking about Tiger’s first age artifacts having baby themes.

Paul: Okay, so Tiger is eating babies, what are the rest of you doing?

Since there were no libraries on the island for her, Jade’s Luck spent a lot of her off time going back to Elemental Island, to eat and do errands. She borrowed a few books at a time from Jahar’s library.

An indeterminate time of the way through the final month of the contract, A-dom heard a high pitched whistling noise coming from the outside and up. He opened the door and looked out, hearing the noise coming from a ways away. Tiger went over and looked out too. A-dom noticed a little gold thing traveling at several hundred miles an hour coming towards the house. A-dom grabbed everyone but Tiger and evacuated the city. Jade’s Luck yelled for Tiger to evacuate.

About a minute later the object hit the forge and the resulting huge explosion. After the dust cleared, A-dom ran them back to see what it was.

Paul (describing a thirteen success investigation roll made by Gareth): So, this small orchalcum cube, travelling exactly nine hundred and twenty two miles per hour, fell from Heaven, or the sky or something, and hit the building you were in, breaking the main beam of the roof, which snapped the beam like that with parts flying out both ways, came in, hit the anvil, shattering it into a million pieces and sending all of those bits flying outwards, blowing out most of the walls, went down into the sewer and back out, back ricocheting back out of the top lip of the tunnel, went through the chimney, shattering it, bounced off of a big stone rock monolith type thing across the street, came back through with considerably less energy several more times, blowing up most of the things in the shop. It, however, did not touch the thing that the Bodhisattva had you building. That is still sitting there right in the middle of what used to be the shop. Oh, and you know exactly where it landed.

Gareth picked up the absolutely perfect orchalum cube (one inch by one inch by one inch) and looked it over.

Gareth remembered looking at the perfect cube in a past life and placing it on a shelf. He was pretty sure he was saving it for later, when it would be useful. Gareth repeated this to the others.

Jade’s Luck: Is this something that can be attuned to?

Gareth: I’ll find out. Gareth stood around and tried to attune to it. After an hour, he was finally attuned to it. He could feel it was connected to him, but he had no clue what it did. Tiger noted that it was indeed drawing in essence.

Along the way to talk to the Bodhisattva, Dark Raven came by to investigate. Gareth explained in detail exactly what had happened. Dark Raven had to write it all down.

Dark Raven: Do you know why this happened?

A-dom: Mother:):):):)ers.

Dark Raven (writing): Possible mother:):):):)er cause.

Gareth: Yup. Sidereals.

Dark Raven (almost makes the necessary number of successes): Si-mother:):):):)ers.

They explained that the anvil was destroyed along with the building, but the machine was untouched. Dark Raven commented that they were running out of anvils. Gareth decided Dark Raven could report this all back and declared he was going to go repaire the shop.

Jade’s Luck: Uhh… You want me to go get lunch?

Gareth: Sure.

Jade’s Luck: Okay…

A Giant Bear worked quickly on the house as he used his building combo to repair all of the wooden parts. A-dom followed Dark Raven to ask about Mother:):):):)ers.

Dark Raven felt ‘reassured’ that the rock was on Gareth and commented that the rock might have supernatural ‘you want me’ powers and complemented A-dom on the group’s bodyguard abilities.

A-dom asked if Dark Raven had ever run into a little girl that might have hooked up with the Bodhisattva or another Deathlord in the area. Dark Raven was left with the distinct impression that hanging around with A-dom and probably the others wasn’t good for his health.

Dark Raven went off to report to the Bodhisattva and A-dom returned to express concerns about the rock trying to kill or eat Gareth.

Tiger examined the cube and that it was drawing in a lot of essence. Not sure what this meant, they figured it might be charging to explode.

A-dom: Isn’t this like all artifacts, really?

Jade’s Luck: No.

Tiger suggested they take it to someone who might know more about it. Jade’s Luck suggested Gareth de-attune it, so he did.

Tiger didn’t tell Gareth that it stopped sucking in essence, since he felt Gareth would just re-attune to it.

Alex: The mad scientist of the group was clearly Jahar, not Gareth.

Paul: I’ll agree with that.

Jade’s Luck suggested they show it to the Bodhisattva. A-dom suggested they show it to Opec. Tiger suggested they show it to Opec and his mentor ‘before showing it to the Deathlord.’

A-dom expressed disapproval at Tiger’s tone when he talked about the Deathlord.

A-dom: There is nothing wrong with showing it to the Deathlord. We’re not GIVING it to the Deathlord.

Tiger made accusations about A-dom being a step away from Deathlords.

A-dom: Allies. Need one. Could be one. You’re a poophead.

Jade’s Luck asked for the cube to show it to Opec, so Gareth handed it over. Visiting him, Opec was now willing to talk to Jade’s Luck. It seemed that her new desire to learn Solar Circle Sorcery to destroy the Shadowland made her interesting to him. He postulated that the cube might have been thrown to get it to Gareth instead of to kill him. It might have just been thrown in a such a way as to get his attention. It might have even been thrown by one of them in a previous life and only just came down. Could have been thrown into Elsewhere. Opec stated that it couldn’t be a risk if it wasn’t attuned.

Jade’s Luck took it back to the Elemental Manse and told Tiger what Opec said. Tiger then took it to his Mentor to ask him about it. Tiger’s mentor explained that sucking in essence was what artifacts did. After examining it, he stated that he didn’t think it was booby trapped, it just probably had a long recharge time. But he felt it was obvious someone chucked it.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 62 - Apparently I’m A Retarded Baby With Superpowers

Session 62

Synopsis of 12/31/07

Apparently I’m A Retarded Baby With Superpowers
Subtitle: Excellent. Anyone who is stupid enough to attack these is going to die!
-By Ao the Overkitty

A-dom decided he wanted to encourage people to do things on Atlantis that they weren’t allowed to under the dragon-blood regime. Things like making signs.

A-dom and Jade’s Luck planned out a cult of bravery for the Unconquered Sun where the initiation ritual would be sneaking into the Cathedral of Yew and worshiping there.

The group discussed Essence briefly, chiefly that soon Gareth could once again improve his Essence.

A-dom: But this time, you can do it on the boat. You can hide below decks and I’ll be Captain.

Alex: See, this is why I never want to train for Essence. It means I’m leaving these yahoos unsupervised.

Ryan: We can go get Jahar and he could supervise us.

At this point, Liz realized she had forgotten her dice. Ryan loaned her some dice. This was a bad move on his part, since the dice decided Ryan didn’t love him anymore and were going to roll for :):):):) the entire night.

Tiger brought the cube back to the group and didn’t tell them what he found out about it. He just said his mentor didn’t know what it did as he handed it over to Gareth.

Over the rest of the second month, Gareth finished the doohickey for the Bodhisattva. He even added a red button onto it that said A-dom’s Button on it. A-dom repeatedly pressed the button, sure it was going to do something.

A-dom: Gareth, the button is broken. It’s not doing anything.

Gareth: Yeah it is. You have to keep at it.

Since the button’s purpose was to keep A-dom occupied, it did its job well.

A-dom: Somewhere in the Wyld, a monkey is dancing.

The Bodhisattva put the doohickey up in the center of town. With his contract done, Gareth collected his two month’s pay.

The group headed back to Elemental Island, where they pressed forward in their plans to head for the Sapphire Sentinel. Gareth realized that in order to have a boat with a paddlewheel for A-dom on it, he couldn’t use the previously constructed boat sitting upon the island. A slightly disturbing smile crept onto his face as he started wiggling his fingers together, planning his latest creation.

His latest boat was big enough to fit fifty people on it, had a single paddlewheel in the back with a corresponding wheel on the inside for A-dom or Tiger to run in it, and had most of a new ship’s worth of spare parts in the hold. The ship was magically reinforced and protected against the Wyld. The wheels and back of the boat were extra reinforced against A-dom.

The ship was built next to the other ship and named within its series. Thus, the Destined For Destruction II was completed.

A-dom offered up his undead monkey butler’s services for the boat, which were accepted.

While the monkey butler tarred the boat, Gareth went to visit his family. He received lots of questions about what was going on in Atlantis. In the best way possible, Gareth explained that he was in charge of Atlantis now. He up-played how things had gone to :):):):), dragon-bloods had destroyed the fields and demons were running amuck. With six successes, they seemed okay with it and he received requests for some cushy government jobs. They requested to move back home, so he told them to pack their things. Besides, this would be a great little test run for the new boat.

Jade’s Luck popped back to Atlantis to make sure everything was in order and then popped back to take the boat trip with the group. A-dom spent the boat trip learning Craft (Earth) from Gareth, so he could properly implement his sign program when they got back.

The boat trip was uneventful, taking a bit less time than the normal month. They arrived in Atlantis harbor without fanfare.

The players got into a brief discussion about how they were presented to the families and the people of Atlantis. Liz was worried about Gareth explaining he was a dictator, but it was explained that he never used that word, they just came up with it on their own.

Gareth: My official title is Craftsman of the People. I’m running a Craftocracy.

Jade’s Luck was fine with this, since it involved people being more educated and worshipping the Unconquered Sun. Since being against it would involve him caring, Tiger didn’t mind.

Paul: I just see this ending up with Chefs running things.

Alex: Wrong character!

Paul: I know, but he’s setting up a Craftocracy. That can only lead to chefs.

A-dom made a bunch of stone signs with graphics for places in between stone symbols of the Sun. A-dom delighted in making a sign for Jade’s brothel. He then went about placing the signs in the ground throughout the city.

Gareth got their families jobs within a couple days. He set Matron Jade up in charge of the Bureau of Recreation. Matron Jade set about Unionizing all of the prostitutes and former slaves of that nature. Joe was put ‘in charge’ of the Public Works Emancipation ‘New Deal’ Bureau. This ended up with everyone wanting a new job having to hear about the cannibal island.

Joe: They send you a dinner invitation. Never fall for that!

Jade’s Luck considered making sure Wintersun was aware of the Guild’s actions when it came to slavery.

Gareth decided he needed to introduce his family to his wife. Jade’s Luck set up the reception. Gareth was mocked by A-dom for not being able to knock up one woman.

A-dom: I impregnated a whole island in one night. You’d think you could knock up one woman in a year.

Once things were set up on Atlantis, they headed off again towards the Sapphire Sentinel, making a quick stop on Hoen-Ba to check on the temple.

Since there were no mortals on the boat, Gareth deemed it ‘safe’ to attune the cube artifact to find out what it did. Once it had charged, he knew he couldn’t re-attune it for another hundred years. While looking at it, he saw a little arrow pop up and act like it was pointing towards something specific. It was pointing a bit off from where the Sentinel was, so Gareth informed the others they were taking a slight detour.

As they sailed along over the voyage, he noticed that the arrow gradually started to point downward. When it pointed vertically, they stopped the boat.

Tiger: So, can you breathe water yet?

A-dom: No, WHEEE!!!!

A-dom jumped into the ocean and started swimming downward. Jade’s Luck, activated her survival charm, took out her boomerang and stepped overboard, sinking like a rock past A-dom. Seeing this, A-dom took out his club and started sinking faster as well. A-dom didn’t intend to talk so he figured he’d last a while.

Jade’s Luck thought she noticed something down below them. A-dom only noticed water until he hit something. Jade’s Luck saw A-dom groping the top of a big stone building. She found windows, but failed to find a door. The windows weren’t glassed, so the insides of the building were full of water. She saw corral and seaweed and furniture covered in coral.

A-dom swum back up for air and reported what they saw. While they were down there, Jade’s Luck explored a little, seeing it was a fairly large city type place. She swam up and reported further. They consulted their Ancient map and saw they were up near the Tomb Islands.

Gareth decided to swim down and take a look for himself. Looking around, he saw a city laid out like Sijan. There was lots of coral on ziggurat type buildings, with lanterns about. He also noticed that the arrow was now pointing towards a particular ziggurat within the city while down there.

Gareth swam back up and let them know he knew where they were going and that it was a Sijan type city.

A-dom: Lead the way, Sightless leader!

Jade’s Luck opted to follow them, while Tiger continued to lounge about on deck.

While looking around Gareth rolled well and A-dom rolled poorly, both resulting in two successes. Ryan cursed at his dice. Still, Jade’s Luck got a little more warning than them. She noticed a swarm of sharks swimming around the building rather fast. She pointed it out to the other two.

Seeing this, Gareth remembered standing outside of the Ziggurat when it was on an island above water, looking at it and seeing flocks of birds flying around it.

Previous Gareth (to someone next to him): Excellent. Anyone who is stupid enough to attack these is going to die!

Gareth motioned for the others to swim back up and relayed that he thought the Ziggurat attracted flocks of things and relayed the vision. He suggested they not attack the flocks, just swim past.

A-dom: Come on, Tiger, I’m sure we’ll find air down there somewhere.

Tiger: Nah.

Jade’s Luck went down enough to study the flock’s pattern and relayed it to Gareth and A-dom. The three of them swam down towards the building. Gareth swam the most efficient way possible to conserve air and energy past the sharks. Jade’s Luck swum past the sharks without a problem. A-dom swum past the sharks, attracting the attention of three of them, but they failed to bite him.

Gareth followed the arrow until it let him to what looked like a moray eel cave in the coral, on the building. He stuck his had with the cube into the cave. His hand hit stone and now he couldn’t see the arrow anymore.

A-dom pulled Gareth’s hand out and tried to stick his head in, but it was too big. He looked in and saw it was dark. He turned on his castemark and saw the cave turned a corner. He stuck his hand in and could feel text, but couldn’t read it. He grabbed Jade’s Luck’s hand and stuck it in the hole to the text. She couldn’t read the text with her hand either. Since it seemed it was Gareth’s turn, he stuck his other hand in and tried to read the text.

Craftsman [something] [something] Tool

Ryan: You need to stick your tool in it.

Gareth gestured to A-dom to pull the coral off, which he did.

A little sign read: Only the Craftsman With the Ultimate Tool Can Enter

Gareth tried various things he had on his person before he and A-dom had to swim back up for air. Jade’s Luck didn’t want to swim past the sharks again, so she stayed down there. Gareth once again had no problems getting past the sharks. A-dom attracted the attention of a few more sharks this time, but they still failed to bite him.

While they caught their breath, they relayed the information to Tiger.

Tiger: Sounds like you haven’t found crap yet.

A-dom: We’ll let you know when we find oxygen, Captain Useful.

Tiger: Okay, Captain Dumbass.

Gareth: I don’t think we have the tool.

A-dom: You think it is an artifact?

Tiger: Jahar.

A-dom (laughing): Jahar would be the ultimate tool.

Paul: That’s mean.

Liz: But funny.

Gareth took a few tools off the ship down with him to try. A-dom stayed up there with Tiger. Gareth had no problems getting past the sharks and started putting tools them up against the building. He then tried putting his hand on the wall and activating Craftsman Need No Tools. He disappeared.

Jade’s Luck saw him disappear so she went over and knocked. Inside the tomb, there was air. He heard knocking behind him, so he turned around to see a stone archway. Putting his hand on the stone, he appeared back out in the water. He tried writing the charm name in the water, then just grabbed her arm and went back in the tomb. Since his anima was flaring pretty good at this point, they could see they were in a poorly lit, rather empty tomb. They followed the arrow, finding they were in a fairly large complex. They followed the arrow down a while until they came to a burial crypt. Inside, they found a big, stone crypt will all sorts of tools carved into it. Looking at it, the lid looked like it was pinned down with rods that hooked back up inside.

Gareth tried various ways of getting into the crypt, including his charm and setting his tools where they were on the crypt. While he was doing this, Jade’s Luck heard a tapping noise. Concentrating, she heard it coming from inside the crypt.

Jade’s Luck: There is something in there making a tapping noise.

Gareth: I am mildly worried about that. I think I’m going to stop trying to get in, since this thing is clearly built to keep something in.

Gareth then remembered building this for himself, primarily due to having a long list of things he wanted to get done and was fairly sure he was going to fail to accomplish.

Gareth then relayed this to Jade’s Luck. Inspecting the rods further, they were pretty sure the rods were made of diamond.

They quickly discussed consulting their Necromancer, but then decided to continue on see what else there was first. Gareth noticed the arrow wasn’t pointing towards the crypt, just past it. They followed it through the crypt area along a long path until then entered a little workshop. Sitting on a table was a perfect, one inch by one inch cube. Gareth put them together and his sucked the other in. His cube immediately became a two inch by two inch perfect cube and the arrow went away. The weight of the cube was doubled, not cubed.

Looking around at the tools in the room, he found them really cool, but weird. They also found two really big parabolic mirrors.

Jade’s Luck wasn’t sure they wanted to let A-dom down here to see all of the nifty stuff, but they couldn’t move the mirrors without him. Gareth thought he’d be fine.

Ryan: Apparently I’m a retarded baby with superpowers.

It took them a while to find their way back to the entrance, since they no longer had the arrow to guide them. Once there, Gareth brought Jade’s Luck outside, then swam up to the boat on his own. He told A-dom & Tiger that he found the way in. He said they found a way to a workshop with parabolic mirrors. He said they passed a crypt which he was pretty sure he was in side. A-dom suggested they could talk to himself without opening it. He then figured that it was probably just an angry body, so it likely wouldn’t be very talky.

Gareth then plunked all of the tools he had taken with him on the deck along with some of the new tools. A-dom thought they were wood-working tools. A-dom went and got some sacks from the hold to take with him.

A-dom: Tiger, come with us.

Tiger: Well, now that there is actually somewhere to go, I will.

A-dom: There’s your sense of adventure. Prick.

A-dom lost a sack to the sharks. Luckily, he brought three.

The four of them entered the tomb and headed down to the crypt area. A-dom & Tiger gave the room a once over. While looking at the crypt, A-dom heard a voice.

Voice (whisper): Hey. Hey. Let me out.

A-dom (whisper): Who’s there?

Voice (whisper): It’s me.

A-dom (whisper): You who?

Voice (whisper): No, not Yew!

A-dom (whisper): You’re not Mii, right?

Tiger: Who are you talking to?

Voice (whisper): Come on, Wretch. Let me out!

A-dom (loud laughter): He thinks I’m Wretch.

Tiger then asked again who he was talking to and A-dom replied the thing in the crypt.

A-dom: It’s not Mii and its not Yew. Who are you? Is that you, Evening Tide?

Voice (whisper): No. Hurry up.

A-dom (whisper): Who were you? I can let you out once I know who you are.

A-dom them asked the voice why it wanted to come out. It said so it could help him do whatever he needed to do. A-dom then confused the voice by talking about killing Mother:):):):)ers. Eventually A-dom was prompted to say servants of the maidens. When A-dom showed he was incapable of remembering the word Sidereals, the voice offered to fix his head when they let him out. A-dom said he wasn’t going to let him out because he didn’t have a soul. The voice said he had a soul, in the box.

A-dom: Nice talking to you. I hope there is no me like you somewhere.

The voice then cackled manically.

Gareth then showed off the cube to the rest of the group. There was marveling involved.

The voice then offered to show A-dom where all of the artifacts are. A-dom asked him if he could help them get all of the people to worship the Unconquered Sun and deal with the Sapphire Sentinels. It said yes.

A-dom: Wow, you can do anything, can’t you?

Voice: No.

A-dom: Can’t get out of this box, can you?

They felt the entire building shake a bit. They decided to move on now. They made it to the worskshop where they saw all the nifty stuff. A-dom found a full mummification set in the corner. He was pretty sure it was for mummifying someone with cloth made out of threads of Orchalcum.

A-dom: Oooh. Artifact mummy. Yeah. That’s a very bad thing in the box. It is never coming out by our hands. I shouldn’t taunt those.

Jade’s Luck postulated on praying for the mummy to rest.

A-dom: At the worst, it just keeps filling me with those things the Wyld likes to fill me with.

Gareth: Hope?

A-dom: No. No one can fill me full of hope. That sack is thoroughly empty.

Jade’s Luck: Blandishments?

A-dom: Yes. Thank you. That’s all I think he’s got in there. Aside from being an artifact mummy.

The group looked over the stuff, deciding which things to loot. They then deiced to explore the rest of the building before taking stuff.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 63 - There Will Be No Shaming Of A-dom Today!

Session 63

Synopsis of 01/14/08

There Will Be No Shaming Of A-dom Today!
Subtitle: The less time we spend on the paperwork, the more time we have for baby-killing
-By Ao the Overkitty

They searched around for hours and hours. Eventually Gareth found a hidden room. It took a little bit to figure out how to get the door open. Inside was a circular room with carvings upon the walls. The murals on the wall told a progressive story of one Solar.

• Exaltation: unclear beyond god talking to him
  • Freaky carvings (cubism): fighting the Wyld?
  • Dividing up someone’s body into seven pieces and taking it to other places
  • Scene of the Solar standing in the City of Yew next to Yew (who looked a LOT like Jade’s Luck

A-dom (to Gareth): Do we need to sterilize her?

Jade’s Luck: I’m wearing the stupid chastity belt! I don’t want to be knocked up with some mother:):):):)er baby.

A-dom: Oh. Good.

The murals continued to show someone trying to assassinate him, which caused a long, climatic battle and sank the island.

A-dom: Sorry. I’m sure I had a good reason. *pause as A-dom thinks* Oooh. He’s not coming out of the box. He is SOOO not coming out of the box.

Gareth then remembered that A-dom didn’t kill him. He was pretty sure Darius did.

Gareth: No, you didn’t kill me. Tiger did. You gave it a valiant effort, though.

A-dom: I thought I killed you right before the war with Yew.

Gareth: Yes, you thought you killed me.

A-dom: Oh. Good. Mazeltov.

Gareth found the carvings were well done, but not made by himself.

A-dom postulated that Yew did something and Gareth was on Yew’s side. A-dom knew he and Tiger were on the other side.

Paul repeatedly made Ryan roll past lives. He was delighted to fail every single one.

A-dom: Where’s the loot, man, the loot?

Gareth: This is the loot.

A-dom: You can’t beat someone with a story. Not in Creation, at least.

While they ‘agreed’ there was no loot, the door closed. Tiger jumped out before it closed.

There was a final carving on the door, depicting Yew putting the Solar to rest in a crypt. A-dom noted that the sarcophagus in the carving was different than the one they went past. The group then postulated who was in the box with the diamond rods.

Gareth expressed a desire to take two days to study the carvings. A-dom had no problems with it.

Jade’s Luck asked if anyone was watching the ship. She wasn’t sure if it would stay put or not. Gareth said the ship was anchored, so was fine. Jade’s Luck said he needed to make a smart ship, so they could tell it to stay. Gareth pointed out that, if he made a smart ship, it would sail as far away from them as possible to protect itself.

He figured out how to reopen the door and let them go on their way. Over the next two days, he studied the carvings and tried to remember what he could. Sadly, he didn’t remember much.

While looking at the carving of him and Yew, he had a brief flash of memory. He remembered standing there, that day, announcing his support for Yew and the newly discovered concept of Necromancy.

During that time, Jade’s Luck wanted to explore more buildings. The one they were currently in was the highest up and in the same rough position as Wretch’s Tomb in Sijan. A-dom and Tiger wanted to search for loot.

Way down in the tomb, they found a staircase into water. Jade’s Luck saw what she thought was a statue in the water. A-dom saw it was a multi-armed demon with a map, looking around. When Jade’s Luck started heading towards the ‘statue’, A-dom pointed out it was a worker demon.

Jade’s Luck activated survival charms and went into the water to talk to the demon. Unfortunately, she found talking under water to be quite problematic, so she just followed him around to an air pocket. He pulled out a bladder and squeezed it to drawn a bright orange X on the wall.

She found out he was marking boundaries and that they had found the Manse. He said he wasn’t a tour guide and wouldn’t show her the way. He went back into the water.

Jade’s Luck went back for A-dom and Tiger, telling them where the next air pocket was. She was pretty sure they could make it if A-dom ran. The tunnels reminded her of the underground of Atlantis. The trio ran to the air pocket.

While standing around in the air pocket, they discussed why it mattered that they were demolishing stuff here, since there weren’t any people around. Looking down the corridor, several intersections away, A-dom and Jade’s Luck noticed a duck walk past.

Jade’s Luck: Follow that duck!

A-dom ran after the duck, but it wasn’t there when he got to the corner. He then started spouting theories about Mother:):):):)er ducks. Wandering down the corridor, he found flowers carved into the walls. Following it, they came to a couple sets of stairs and then a room covered in carvings of kittens and puppy dogs.

A-dom: What the :):):):)?

Jade’s Luck and Tiger: Rosewind?

Jade’s Luck found no evidence of a duck having been present. She asked some of the structure spirits if they saw a duck. They said they hadn’t.

They explored some more, going on the direction the demon had gone in. After a little bit, they found another air pocket. There, there were four demons standing around, drinking coffee and a fifth demon with a shovel. They found out the foreman was at the primary work site, but not where it was. This area was a catacombs type area.

They went and explored the unexplored corridor. After a while, they came across the foreman underwater. He was standing around with a bunch of plans all laid out. Jade’s Luck tried to look at the plans. From what she could understand, they were going to raise part of the structures so it would be an island again.

Again, conversation under water wasn’t exactly feasible. She did manage to get out him which part he was going to raise and which points were likely to be destroyed in the raising. The puppy dog area and the crypt area were very likely going to be destroyed.

The demons weren’t working particularly fast, so they figured they had some time. She detailed which parts to explore first. Eventually they went back and filled Gareth in on what they found out.

With Gareth, they explored Rosewind’s area. Gareth was pretty sure this area was designed for actual living space, an underwater addition. It was fairly obvious that a very young Solar lived here. He found a gymnasium full of death traps and various fluffy animal motifs throughout. Along the way, they found a ten by ten foot room with a screw cap in the corner and solar symbols all over the walls. On the cap was written My Loot.

A-dom: My loot?

Jade’s Luck: Well, you know, there could be sharing involved.

A-dom: Yeah, this is probably :):):):) I’m going to want to share.

A-dom remembered this as kind of being Rosewind’s secret lair. He started to turn the dial and realized that the cap wasn’t meant to be turned with superhuman strength. After the first click, they saw the Dawn Caste symbol sparkling. A-dom tried pushing it, headlamping at it, glaring at it, and licking it. None worked.

Jade’s Luck: What kind of things would a little girl like?

Gareth: Hug it.

A-dom: I can’t hug it! It’s a wall!

A-dom hugged the wall. He heard some tinkling music and the mark stopped glowing. A-dom wasn’t sure he did that exactly right, but he felt warm and fuzzy inside.

The Zenith mark was next. Jade’s Luck tried hugging it, but didn’t feel the love.

Gareth tried next.

Gareth: Good stone! Happy stone! We like stone!

Tinkling music and it stopped sparkling. Twilight was next and Gareth tried again.

Jade’s Luck: Try thinking about cute, fuzzy things. And flowers.

More tinkling music and Night was next.

Tiger: How exactly does this work?

A-dom: You turn it, it clicks, you hug it. It’s not brain science.

Gareth: Can you think warm, happy thoughts?

Tiger: That’s a problem!

A-dom: It doesn’t have to be you! Haven’t you felt any warm tingles when screwing a whore? That’s called, well, like! See, real people get that, but a thousand times more. It’s called love! It’s the opposite of killing them. It’s like stabbing them, repeatedly.

Jade’s Luck asked if he was speaking from experience. He said sure. She coaxed him into saying he loved his wife, and the children.

A-dom (evil voice): Yes, I love the children. I have plans for the children…

Everybody but Tiger group hugged the all. Nothing happened.

Jade’s Luck: Come on Tiger. You’re part of our family too. Just the part we don’t quite understand.

A-dom: Pretend it is a whore that didn’t charge you.

The music went off when Jade’s Luck said Tiger was a part of the family too.

A-dom: Sometimes families kill each other.

For the Eclipse mark, A-dom said Jahar was nifty. After about five minutes, the mark finally went off.

A-dom: I don’t have much compassion. Once you drink from the cup, there’s not much left.

A-dom popped the cap up and realized it was a little girl sized hole. Jade’s Luck was able to wiggle her way down. She found the ceiling was very low and there was a wide assortment of stuff. There were lots of crystalline flowers and glass knick knacks and dollies. She starting holding stuff up to Tiger to see if they were artifacty. She found an artifact dress, which she shoved up a sleeve. She also found a golden strap that said Rosewind on it a couple of times. A-dom snagged it. Jade’s Luck was pretty sure the strap was for wrapping it around something to put your name on it. Jade’s Luck handed up gold and tchotchkes.

A-dom: Anyone care if I take the strap? You guys are welcome to the dress.

Tiger took a look at the strap and determined that it involved possession magic. A-dom botched his past lives roll and became very possessive of the strap. He wrapped it around his club’s handle and there was a gold sizzling noise. When he removed the strap, there was now writing on the handle.

Wretch of Winter – Markus the Mad – Rosewind the Compassionate – Dom Kord – Johan

A-dom remembered from history lessons that Dom Kord was the ancient that the Dom sea was named after. At one time, he was the ruler of Abalone, who disappeared right before the Great Contagion.

A-dom clutched his club tightly and giggled maniacally. Gareth waved a glass tchotchke at him to get his attention. A-dom accused him of looking at his club. Gareth made up some packaging for all of the tchotchkes and they moved on.

As they walked along, A-dom noticed a bunny hop by down a hallway. He swore and sped after it, around the corner. Once around the corner, he came face to face with a mirror. In the reflection, he saw himself standing with a giant club, giant robes, and an army of undead behind himself.

A-dom: Ooooh. Blandishments!

Golden lettering appeared upon the mirror.

You’re not a very compassionate person. But you’ve taken my things!

A-dom started crying.

You must do two selfless acts!

A-dom: Right now?

Jade’s Luck got around the corner to see A-dom staring into a dull mirror. She aw nothing special about the mirror.

Jade’s Luck: You okay?

A-dom (muttering): What’s a selfless act? (to Jade’s Luck) I’m happy you’re…

Paul: You’re trying too hard.

A-dom: I don’t know how to try any other way!

Jade’s Luck gave A-dom a hug.

Ryan: That counts?

Paul: No.

A-dom cries.

Jade’s Luck: Are you entirely all right?

A-dom: No. I don’t know if I’m in trouble…

Jade’s Luck: That’s not exactly unusual. What happened?

A-dom: I got told I wasn’t a very compassionate man and I have to figure out what that means.

Jade’s Luck tried to explain selfless acts to A-dom. It left A-dom very confused.

Jade’s Luck: See, the problem I see with this is, if you think about this too hard, then you’re doing it because there is something in it for you.

A-dom cried some more and said that wasn’t fair. He asked the mirror a couple more questions. He found out the time frame he had was soon and that he couldn’t take the mirror with him. He muttered about selfless acts and heard a little girl laughing. He tried to find out what would happen if he didn’t do the selfless acts soon. He saw Rosewind in the mirror where he should be, pointing and laughing at him.

Gareth: A-dom, why are you flipping off the mirror?

A-dom: Because the mirror is trying to make me a better person and I :):):):)ing hate that!

A-dom: Wait! Does it count if I started something, but didn’t finish it and finish it now?

A-dom reached into his sack. (Obviously A-dom has a sack because everyone in the West has a sack). He said he had realized what he had been doing wrong when praying. He figured free forming was bad for him because he usually ended up swearing at god.

A-dom: I made a little prayer to the Unconquered Sun that we could use and give to people. You’re good for armies, you’re good for us. Something something something Unconquered Sun. Yeah!!! It’s a work in progress. I was going to finish it up and give it to you to spruce up a bit. It would help to give to people. I don’t get anything out of this, does that count? (A-dom sounds really pathetic). Apparently it doesn’t.

Gareth explained to him that he was trying to make it count for him, so it wouldn’t.

The mirror read You’re trying to hard

A-dom eventually walked away sulking.

They explored some more, found some self-flushing bathrooms. A-dom felt they should install some of them on Atlantis and charge people jade to use them. Then he got the idea that they’d make eight of them and have one of them randomly be free each hour. Tiger suggested the free one should always be in the shadowland. Gareth said the one in the Cathedral should always be free.

They wandered around the catacombs, finding some money, some jade, and some statues they might be able to sell sometime. They didn’t find much else of note.

They carted all of the stuff they were taking back to the ship. Then stood on the section of the city that was going to be raised, hoping it would count as standing on the island.

A-dom did not put the two selfless acts on the list.

Tiger went and stole the work order from the demon foreman. From reading the order, they determine that this job was going to take quite a long time and might want to check back in half a year to a year.

A-dom (to Tiger): What ever happened to that holiday of yours?

Tiger: My what?

Gareth: Solar lent. You are supposed to create it.

Tiger: I am?

A-dom: Yessssss.

Tiger: I was ordered to?

Gareth: By the tomb of the East.

Tiger: Oh yeah. I created it. Now I just have to enforce it…

Tiger went and returned the work order.

Tiger (to A-dom): Are you sure you don’t want your little dress back. You’ve got your little strappy thing.

A-dom: Might as well. I can wear it as a hat. (to Jade’s Luck) May I borrow the dress for a moment? I have nothing left to lose.

A-dom turned into She-Dom, the took the dress, stuck it over ‘his’ head and attuned it. The dress dropped down over She-Dom’s body, growing to fit. He then noticed that he was no longer wearing his armor. They quickly figured out that the dress ate his armor.

It was then pointed out by Paul that it would have been a selfless act to give the dress to someone else.

Much cursing ensued.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 64 - A-dom’s Pretty Dress

Session 64

Synopsis of 01/28/08

A-dom’s Pretty Dress
Subtitle: Technically, I’m a believer.
-By Ao the Overkitty

So the group was on the Destined for Destruction II sailing towards the Sapphire Sentinel. A-dom commented that he was going to be in a dress for a while. Jade’s Luck complemented him on his dress. A-dom thanked her for the complement and went to find a pair of pants.

The group got into a discussion about Yew once again. A-dom made the point that Tiger (aka Darius) was possibly the only Circle member to survive the fight with Yew, thus likely got to write the history books about Yew. Therefore the history about Yew was likely very slanted. The conversation meandered to talking about how much an exalt’s caste defines them. A-dom tried to argue that they didn’t, which lead to talking about how Jade’s Luck was defined as a priest and talked to god.

Jade’s Luck: You talk to god too, it just doesn’t work out as well for you.

A-dom: I’m working on a script.

A-dom’s Call Script to the Unconquered Sun said:
Hi. How are you? I worship you. Thank you Unconquered Sun. *jumbled swearing* Not You!

Gareth: Hi [Insert Name Here].

A-dom: We could sell it to Lunars too!

The group got the ship so that the You Are Here pointer was right over the dot for the Sapphire Sentinel, but they were unsure how close they were, because of the scale of the map.

Another long discussion about amount of belief and what Wretch’s definitions were. While they were discussing, A-dom and Tiger noticed a merchant vessel sailing towards the Coral Archipelago off in the distance. Watching it for a little bit, they saw it stop existing and a whirlpool appear below it. It looked like something vaporized it and the water underneath it.

A-dom: Yeah. We need a scuba suit and a nonbeliever.

This idea was quickly squashed. He still thought they needed to figure out the Sentinel’s range.

Jade’s Luck: So, you’re volunteering yourself for the dinghy?

A-dom: Hey. Technically, I’m a believer.

Gareth suggested they park the boat and row towards the Sentinel in a dinghy. More discussion about level of belief, as well as who could survive an attack. They figured Tiger could possibly dodge it and Gareth could possibly soak it.

A-dom gave the map to Foursy, the monkey butler. Foursy tried studying the map, which A-dom encouraged him and told him to figure out the zoom. Jade’s Luck admonished A-dom for being mean to Foursy, which confused everyone. After all, she was standing up for the rights of an abomination.

Jade’s Luck: It may be an abomination, but we might as well still be polite to it.

A-dom turned to Foursy, who was still trying to zoom.

A-dom: *sigh* You can stop Foursy. Unless you want to. Feel free. You have free will for the next hour.

Foursy immediately ran off.

A-dom: Oh god, we’re :):):):)ed.

Jade’s Luck: Do we have a dinghy?

Gareth: Of course. We’ve got four dinghies.

Jade’s Luck shoved the others into a dinghy and set sail. Once they got to where the whirlpool was, Jade’s Luck and A-dom jumped overboard and looked around underwater. Jade’s Luck noticed the head a bit away from them. She mostly saw the head and figured it was fifty feet tall. A-dom didn’t notice it until they were almost on top of it. It was hard to spot, since it was completely Sapphire Blue, which blended in nicely with the ocean.

The Sentinel looked more like an abstract statue of a human with a flat face and rigid features. A-dom waved at the Sentinel. It looked at him for a few seconds and then continued on. It then stopped to inspect a fish, then shrugged and continued.

A-dom ordered it to stop. The Sentinel turned around, and they saw it didn’t have a mouth. While A-dom swam up for air, Jade’s Luck inspected the Sentinel. Looking at its arm, she saw one of them ended in a stump instead of a hand.

Jade’s Luck’s Vision of Better Times said:
She was standing on a sandy beach next to short, wiry guy with white hair. There were a bunch of the Sentinels lined up. One of the Sentinels was shooting a big ray of Essence and vaporizing a boat.

Everlasting Priestess of Summer’s Fortune: Isn’t that a bit excessive?

Wretch of Winter: No, it’s just about right. Yeah. Maybe it should say something.

Male voice off in the distance: We didn’t give them mouths!

Wretch of Winter: Damn it!

Jade’s Luck didn’t find any access ports on the Sentinel.

A-dom came back and ordered it to sit. They got the impression that, if it had an eyebrow, it would be raising it. A-dom then asked it if it could stay there for about ten years. It looked confused at that request. Jades Luck asked if they could communicate with it through twenty questions. It still looked confused. A-dom went up for more air.

A-dom (to Tiger and Gareth): Okay. We found it! It doesn’t have a mouth, but it reacts to us. So at least we qualify as believers.

Gareth swam down to inspect the Sentinel. He was sure it had no access ports, off buttons conveniently placed dials, Achilles’ heel, or entrances. It was carved from a single slab of sapphire. He also noted it had a big essence cannon for its left hand a normal five fingered hand for its right hand. It appeared to be as flexible as a normal human being was.

Gareth swam up and relayed this information, saying he thought it was enchanted instead of mechanical. Tiger swam down to inspected it essence sight. Tiger saw it was very shiny and thought it was recharging the essence cannon. He saw it had a big, glowy thing in its chest, so probably had a Hearthstone or two inside powering it.

The Sentinel probably moved about forty to fifty miles a day and was headed towards Atlantis. They figured it would take a couple years to get to Atlantis.

They decided to leave the Sentinel alone for a while and go check on the paperwork for it in Heaven.

While this discussion was going on, A-dom asked Gareth if he could borrow one of his shirts.

A-dom: I’m kind of lacking in upper body covering.

Jade’s Luck: Won’t the dress just eat it?

A-dom: I can take off the dress. I CAN TAKE OFF THE DRESS! THE DRESS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON ME ALL OF THE :):):):)ING TIME! DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

Jade’s Luck: No. You’ve been wearing it since you got it. You put it on, it ate your armor and you’ve been wearing it ever since. It’s been a few days, after all. I just figured Rosewind had a sense of humor. You were calling her a bitch, after all.

Tiger: You could get a baggy shirt and shove the dress underneath your pants…

Ryan (sad): I wish to buy Conviction 4.

Paul: Okay.

Ryan: Yes I think dealing with you guys is worth Conviction 4.

Alex: Then I should have Conviction 6…

Ryan: No, wait, I ant t buy Conviction 4 at some later point.

Dan: Cause you don’t usually spend xp willy-nilly?

Paul: I think the problem is you have GM with Conviction 5 and I think torturing you is amusing.

A-dom took off the dress, then realized they were still in the dinghy and didn’t have a replacement shirt. Now that all of the discussions were done, they rowed back to the boat. Getting back on board, they noticed there were bananas carved EVERYWHERE. They were carved fairly deep, too. A-dom started laughing.

Gareth told A-dom Foursy would have to remove the bananas with pitch and sandpaper when they got to land. Gareth said that A-dom could leave his own room however he liked it, but the rest of the bananas had to go. A-dom’s room, a little bit of the galley and most of the deck were covered in bananas. Jade’s Luck’s room was left completely alone.

Gareth gave one of his marketing shirts to A–dom (had a big G on it).

A-dom went on for a bit about buttering up the mothers of his progeny with salt to promote his cult. No one was able to follow his logic.

Paul: Sorry. You’ve hit Jahar.

Jade’s Luck brought up finding the Wyld zone they created in the Coral Archipelago and fixing it, while they’re there.

A-dom: I suggest we don’t dick around and try to stop the thing that is going to kill lots of people.

Dan: What game do you think we’re playing??????

They decided to go to the Coral Archipelago to find another door to Heaven (the bar where you have to drink whiskey to activate the door). They decided to sail back to Elemental island, use the gate to go to A-dom’s island, then build a boat and set sail from there. This would allow A-dom to look in on his family. Jade’s Luck was convinced to make monkeys for Chuck-Chuck out of most of the Cave of Doom. A-dom wanted some of the Wyld retained so the Doom Spirit would stick around and say doom.

Once they got back to Elemental Island, they pulled the ship up onto dry dock and set Foursy to work on fixing his fun. A-dom was fuzzy about fixing his own room. A-dom also set Foursy up with a specific tree out “in the middle of nowhere” that he could carve as much as he wanted.

The group gated over to A-dom’s island. His wife was happy to see him. His assorted concubines were happy to see him. Some of the married women were happy to see him. He saw lots of little children running around that he had seen pictures of. He commented about needed lots of ‘I’m sorry’ beer for the husbands.

Gareth made some barrels of beer for A-dom so that he could make nice with the husbands. A-dom did not wear his dress for this, but he did have Jade’s Luck being cute and fluffy and helping him saying he was sorry for knocking up their wives.

Gareth then went off and made a Destined For Destruction III, which was a copy of II. Jade’s Luck went and made four polite ninja monkeys that worshipped the Unconquered Sun with most of the Cave of Doom. The Doom Spirit changed his warning to accommodate the reduction on Wyld in the cave.

Jade’s Luck: Worship the Unconquered Sun! Go forth, my children, with A-dom.

With an exceptional perception notice roll (8 successes), A-dom was able to spot two of the ninja monkeys. Jade’s Luck had them line up and introduced him properly. A-dom named them Nin, Ja, Mon, and Key (Nin and Key were female). He handed them leaves and they made ninja masks out of them. A-dom led them to Chuck-Chuck’s village. Chuck-Chuck was suitably impressed. A-dom told Ja and Key that Chuck-Chuck was their new master, should follow his orders and worship the Unconquered Sun. A-dom explained to Chuck-Chuck that they were now his monkeys, but should stay on their good side and also worship the Unconquered Sun. A-dom then wandered of with Mon and Nin.

Jade’s Luck came across the poor, stressed out bachelor with the dinosaur/man baby toddler. She brought this to A-dom’s attention. A-dom took the foster father and Diney to Uk-Dad. A-dom explained that Diney was going to be an amazing person when he grew up and there were high hopes for him. He explained that he couldn’t stay and raise the baby himself and the foster father had done all he could to raise him. He asked Uk-Dad to find those to raise the child from here forth and gave him Mon and Nin to help.

Uk-Dad: I didn’t know Ninjas were good nurses.

A-dom explained that they weren’t, which is why he needed someone beyond them to hug him and ‘naughty word beyond that.’

Gareth was asked to reinforce and repair the village, since Diney was in the ‘ramming into things’ stage. Gareth went totemic doing this.

Jade’s Luck: So you named him Diney?

A-dom: That’s not his given name. It’s just a nickname.

A-dom asked the foster father what he had named him. Diney’s name roughly translated into Unholy Terror.

At this point, Jade’s Luck pointed out that she was pretty sure Diney was female.

A-dom: Ooh. That’s going to be awkward.

Jade’s Luck suggested the name Rosewind and A-dom liked it.

Jade’s Luck and Gareth proselytized about the glory of the Unconquered Sun to the locals for a week. All in all, the group spent a week and a half on A-dom’s island.

They finally set sail for the Coral Archipelago. Every so often, they put the boat on autopilot, ran over to an island to stand on it, and ran back to the boat. They saw an island with a volcano on it, so they tossed Jade’s Luck in to look for the sword. She chatted with the volcano spirits for a little bit, but didn’t find any swords, so they continued on. Along the trip, A-dom realized that taking Rosewind away from her foster father might have counted as an act of compassion. He tried not to act happy about that.

After a fairly uneventful journey, they arrived at the main island of the Coral Archipelago. For some reason, all of their cities were inland. The group travelled to Azure, the capital city.

The group split up to do their investigations. Jade’s Luck and Tiger went to the market places, A-dom went to the bars, and Gareth went to the governmental buildings.

A-dom looked around for friends. After a half an hour, he found One-Leg. They discussed Atlantis and the hurricane and A-dom told him one guy was in charge of the hurricane and he didn’t like the Archipelago. A-dom said he was ruling a couple of islands now and had a mess of kids. He found out there were a bunch of monster coming up from the sewers. One Leg didn’t know of any bars that didn’t have whiskey or had a special with whiskey. He did know two bars where, if you drink whiskey, you get shanghaied.

At the governmental buildings, Gareth discretely inquired about doors to heaven and new Wyld zones in the past two and a half years. He got no where with the door to heaven, but found the monsters from the sewers started around that time. Since they sounded like Wyld monsters, Gareth determined that there were different groups of monsters that each had their own areas, so to speak. There were specific safe zones that the monsters didn’t go to, probably because the sewers were designed differently there.

Jade’s Luck talked with people, trying to learn the local news and gossip. More news about monsters, lots of local gossip. Status was determined by how much money you had and crime was punished by indentured slavery. The island was patriarchal, with women being second-class citizens (can’t vote, hold title or own land). The current ruler of the island was the Sealord, an outcaste dragon-blood. They worship the Ocean Father, who determines who the Sealord is. If the Ocean Father is angry with them, they have a bad year of piracy. If he is happy, they have a good year of piracy.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 65 - I’m Really Just a Social Canibal

Session 65

Synopsis of 02/18/08

I’m Really Just a Social Canibal
Subtitle: I’m Looking For the Manse!
Alternate Subtitle: When In Doubt, Make It Calibration
-By Ao the Overkitty

Tomorrow was A-dom’s birthday, which meant that it was time for Calibration. While out researching, the group learned all of the rules Azure had for Calibration. Jade’s Luck was going to have the hardest time with things, since women weren’t allowed to leave their home without a male relative and she couldn’t berate men. There was a long discussion about Gareth saying he was Jade’s Luck’s adoptive uncle. He really didn’t want to set off the rule about lying to city officials and it was determined that just being his charge due to the brotherhood wasn’t enough.

A-dom: Well, you know, you could always just marry Tiger. Cause, you know, marriage is specially blessed during Calibration.

Paul: Yeah, cause A-dom and Gareth are already married.

Gareth: Sorry, but the winners got picked first.

In the end, Gareth took Jade’s Luck down to the closest governmental building and got his adoption of Jade’s Luck pushed through quickly. She promised to be respectful to her adoptive step-mother.

The next morning, Jade’s Luck greeted A-dom with a muffin on a plate. This was certainly a far cry from pelting him on the head with a muffin a few years ago.

A-dom: Where the hell did you get a muffin here?

After he partially got over the suspicion, he thanked her and warily ate the muffin.

Gareth dressed up for the day to properly display his wealth. With his black and white armband, A-dom wandered off to go drinking at nine in the morning. The others had a leisurely breakfast in the Inn.

While sitting at the bar in the second crowded tavern of the morning, A-dom noticed a little, red-headed girl with a bandage over her eyes sitting next to him. At least knew she wasn’t Rosewind or Sunshine.

A-dom: Should you be here, little girl?

She looked at him, which was kind of disturbing, since she was clearly blind.

[Insert Little Girl’s Speech] 25 minutes

A-dom apologized to the little girl for the killing and asked which one she was. The girl got up and walked towards the door, fading out. A-dom was unsure if he should change appearance and go back for more drinks, or go tell the Circle what happened. He finished off his drink and begrudgingly went back to the Inn.

Liz: Otherwise he would have to remove your other dot in Temperance.

Ryan: Shut up! Otherwise, in two sessions, it’ll happen.

A-dom relayed his meeting with the little girl. He postulated that it was one of Tiger’s previous incarnations. Jade’s Luck pointed out the girl could have been another type of Exalt.

Dan failed to dodge the made a successful past lives roll.

”Tiger’s vision of better times said:
Tiger was looking out a window at two little girls squaring off against each other. One was clearly Rosewind and the other was the girl A-dom described. A large fight ensued, with Rosewind getting very glowy. The redhead didn’t get shiny, but was clearly an exalt of some type. By the end of the battle, Rosewind was the victor and the other girl was dead.

Tiger: It wasn’t me. She was an exalt, though.

A-dom said it could have been Gareth or Ceri. It was then pointed out that Gareth was a woman that time round and Ceri was Jade’s Luck’s wife.

Jade’s Luck: Poor Ceri. No wonder she left.

A-dom: She left? I thought she just went out for milk or something.

Gareth: A couple years ago?

A-dom: Jahar will be back with those cigarettes any minute now. Well, we don’t know who she was or what, but it wasn’t an assassination. It was just a murder. *pause* So, I interrupted my drinking with this.

It was decided that now would be a bad time to go into the sewers, since the Wyld was stronger during Calibration.

They discussed semantics of the rules of Calibration and what they were going to do with their day. They openly discussed when it becomes murder and when it is a provoked killing. Two people went running from the Inn.

A-dom: You know, we can run away and the dragon-bloods can’t run towards us. We have an advantage.

They talked about how they could only retreat ten miles and what would happen if you ran out of movement in the middle of the street. Talk of using street urchins to get A-dom beer and loaning his disguise charms to others to get him beer.

Gareth noticed the unease in the Inn and ordered a round of drinks for everyone in the bar, except his table. The five people left were still inching away from their table, but were more complacent.

One of the guys at the door walked out after his drink and faded out.

A-dom: Good work. You bought a ghost a drink.

Other patrons: ARRR! Ghosts!

Innkeeper: Pirate ghosts drink free.

A-dom then tried to pretend he was a ghost. It didn’t work. He rambled on for a bit more.

A-dom: I’m just thinking out loud. Happens all the time. Usually doesn’t last long.

Gareth: If he keeps the thoughts inside, his head might explode.

Jade’s Luck: *chuckling* Thank you, father. That explains a lot.

Tiger: But there is so much space in there!

A-dom: There isn’t.

Gareth: It’s all skull.

Tiger: That explains why nothing ever gets through.

Jade’s Luck: Thank you again, father.

A-dom tried to poke fun at Jade’s Luck and her progress with the religion of the Unconquered Sun. He failed. She mentioned that she and Gareth had been working hard on the religion.

A-dom: Gareth? So, we’re going to be worshipping a big hammer soon, eh?

Jade’s Luck explained Gareth had been helping with the bureaucratic structure of the religion.

A-dom asked Tiger if he wanted to go drinking with him. Tiger commented that he didn’t drink.

Gareth (jokingly): Except for child’s blood.

Tiger: Not children. Babies.

A-dom: If you ferment the babies long enough, then maybe.

The rest of the patrons left the Inn. One pirate was shaking his head, looking at the group like they were a bunch of psychos.

A-dom went off to bar number three (the one that wasn’t to far away). After he had been in the bar a while, he realized there were a lot of people with sashes on, but no one had a black and white sash. A-dom paid for his drink and slowly made his way towards the door.

Gareth and Jade’s Luck decided to wander around the market area to look at the shops.

Back at the empty Inn, Tiger was sitting around doing nothing. It took him a little bit to notice a little redheaded girl sitting next to him.

Tiger: So, what’s your name?

[Insert Little Girl’s Speech] 50 minutes

Tiger: So, which one was my island?

The little girl pointed down. When Tiger looked back up, she was gone.

Alex: So, this is Tiger’s island.

Dan: Either that or my island is underneath it.

Paul: Wow. My game world is so convoluted that you guys consider that I may have parked another island on top of it to hide it.

Back in the market district, Gareth and Jade’s Luck were wandering around, looking at shops. Everyone was very festive and polite.

Seemingly out of no where, A-dom popped up.

A-dom: I’ve got it. What if it’s that other guy wandering around?

He got blank looks from the two of them.

A-dom: You know, the guy who is supposedly wandering around in the west? The other Solar. Remember? What if it is one of HIS reincarnations.

They really didn’t have much to add to that thought.

A-dom: So… Adventure? Excitement?

Jade’s Luck: Actually, it has been refreshingly boring.

A-dom looked exceedingly bored. Jade’s Luck asked him why he didn’t go hang out with Tiger.

A-dom: I don’t wanna hang out with Tiger. He’s no fun anymore. *pause* Actually, I don’t think he was ever any fun. Maybe I just drank too much.

Gareth: He’s only fun when you’re doing crime.

A-dom: Ah yes. That’s it! Oh well… Anyway. I’m not here.

A-dom wandered back to the Inn and found Tiger.

A-dom: So Tiger!

Tiger: Really bored, are you?

A-dom: Yes, but I have an idea. Lets steal :):):):).

Tiger: For?

A-dom: I don’t know. Adventure? Excitement? Profit? *pause* Boredom. Now, there is no obvious feathered hat here.

Tiger told A-dom that he had had a visit from the little girl and that this was his island. They thought it’d be a good idea to go looking for the Manse.

Ryan: We’re going to wake up one Creation and there is going to be a line outside our bedroom. People coming in with grievances. “I wanted to see that play and you killed me!”

Paul: Yeah. That’s something for me to do on another Calibration.

While wandering around, Jade’s Luck got the idea that those demons that were following the group around several Calibrations ago and thought to take a look. She thought she saw a demon go around the corner of a building, but it disappeared. She thought she smelt broccoli after using the charm.

Gareth: Don’t seem my grandmother around here anywhere now, do you?

Jade’s Luck: Nope.

Back on Atlantis, Gareth’s grandmother was annoying his new bride, trying to figure out what was wrong with her since she hadn’t produced an heir yet.

A-dom (to Tiger): You know what would be a really bad idea that I wanna do? Necromancy.

Tiger: And how many rules would that be breaking?

A-dom: A lot. All of the dead ones, I’m sure.

While A-dom and Tiger were sitting there talking, a dragon-blood walked in, looking city guard-ish.

City Guard: Morning gentlemen. Would you be the ones talking about slaughtering children and scaring the locals?

A-dom said they had been, but they had no intention of actually doing so. He said it was just a really bad joke. The dragon-blood asked if they were Anathema.

A-dom: I’m not sure how to answer that.

Tiger: I’m not Anathema.

A-dom: I guess by your definition yes, by our definition no.

The guy pulled out his notepad and asked for their names. When they were asked for their names, they responded Johan and Tiger. A-dom’s stated business on the island was primarily looking for a door to Heaven. The city guard said it was unwise to use it during Calibration.

A-dom: Yeah. That’s why we’re sitting around a bar, bored. Talking bout… eating babies….*pause* We don’t have any actual plans to eat babies. I’ve never actually consumed a baby. I can’t speak for my comrade.

Tiger denied ever having eaten a baby or any other humans.

The guard looked at A-dom, looked at his arm patch, then wrote something down. He asked them if they were planning on doing any other wanton destruction. A-dom said they didn’t have any plans for wanton destruction. The guard wrote down that all wanton destruction will be spontaneous.

A-dom: We apologize for causing a scene. Sometimes we forget that we’re in public. Would you have time for us to ask you a couple of questions about the city and the island and all that?

A-dom found out that they had an accounting every year to choose their leader. They count up everyone resource gains every year. Whoever gains the most resources from off island is the new Sealord.

They found out there was a legend of a leader named Sara who was deposed. It was believed that it was because of here that the current rules were put in place. The guard didn’t pay to much attention to legends, but believed she might murder you in your sleep if you said her name too many times during Calibration.

A-dom: That makes sense.

When asked where they were from, A-dom said Abalone and Tiger said ‘Atlantis, currently.’

The guard asked about them about the political turmoil on Atlantis. A-dom said Solars were now in charge there. Tiger said Dragon-bloods were in charge.

Guard: If our political leader wanted to talk to the political leader of Atlantis…

A-dom: I’d have to go find Gareth.

Tiger: He’d have a very short trip.

The guard thanked them and said they had been very helpful.

A-dom: Thank you. Would you like a drink?

City Guard: No thank you. I’m on duty.

Tiger: Heh. He said doodie.

Ryan: I think that is the first joke I’ve heard Tiger make. Apparently, he likes kiddy jokes.

Tiger tailed the guard to the guard post where said guard rounded up eight other dragon-bloods. The guard told the others that the leader of Atlantis was in town and that they should round him up so that the leaders could talk to him.

Tiger headed off to find Gareth before they did to give him the heads up.

Jade’s Luck (to Tiger): Were you being unusually informative?

Tiger: No. You know who was sitting with me.

While sitting in the Inn, A-dom realized that the rule said that you’re allowed to walk ten miles. It said nothing about jumping distances. A-dom cackled maniacally. Seeing he had the bar pretty much to himself, he decided to take advantage of the bartender not being allowed to toss him and tormented the bartender.

A-dom: I’m really just a social cannibal.

After explaining his views on cannibalism, he told him about their dinner with the Yozis. He succeeded in weirding the :):):):) out of the bartender.

A-dom: It’s really just some wacky :):):):) you walk into when you’re an Exalt. All of a sudden you’re contracted to have a dinner with the Yozis. My advice to you, stay in your bar. Don’t ever don anything adventurous cause then you end up eating with people who :):):):)ing have things over their face. Don’t really be awesome at anything, just be very bland. Try not to survive anything. If anything horrific happens, just die. Else you might be a Lunar or, I don’t know how you get Mother:):):):)ers.

The bartender started crying and excused himself to the restroom. The guy went into the restroom and closed the door. A very short while later, A-dom heard a crunch. A-dom left the bar.

Ryan: If he just offed himself in the bathroom, I’d rather not deal with it.

Alex: Or maybe the toilet ate him.

Paul (imitating Ryan/A-dom): ‘I’m looking for adventure! There’s adventure, I’m leaving!’ A-dom is screwed by his own low compassion.

Paul (to Dan): You see a group of guards moving through the marketplace. You recognize the lead guard from before.

Dan: Oh, I totally left. *pause* I’m looking for the Manse.

Paul started crying.

Alex: What do you expect from Dan? You’ve known him longer than us!

Paul: Yes, well, I gave you a long list of plot to do, you put those off. Then I give you other weird :):):):) happening. Tangential plot; we’re going to go look for something we know should be there! Not that we really have a good chance of stealing it since it iw probably owned by somebody…

Liz: I’d like to point out that Alex and I are in the marketplace waiting for the plot to come get us.

Paul: Yes. One of the plots is coming for you, now.

The guard walked up to Gareth and Jade’s Luck.

Guard: Excuse me, Gareth? Are you associated with Johan the Anathema? Alias A-dom?

Gareth: Yes. What has he done now?

The guard explained that he was just terrorizing a bartender.

Gareth: Oh, he’s being good.

The guard explained that, in a conversation with A-dom, they found out that Gareth was the ruler of Atlantis and they would like for him to have a meeting with the Sealord. They repeated they were only interested in the safety of the island. Jade’s Luck asked if they should make it more formal and get the rest of the Circle. Gareth said they could let the others have their own fun for a while.

Ryan: Excellent. I’ve already killed one bartender, where’s the next one?

Gareth: On second thought, lets go pick up A-dom. I got feeling of intense glee off of him.

They used the brotherhood spell to quickly track down A-dom.

A-dom: I didn’t do anything!

Gareth: We’ll discuss what you didn’t do later.

A-dom: I didn’t do anything. I was just out for a quick stroll.

Gareth: Come on. We need to go meet with the Sealord.

A-dom finally realized that other pirates ordered an expensive drink for their first drink, since it was free. Finding out the Sealord was in a bar down the street, A-dom agreed to go along.

A-dom: Excellent. I’m with ya. I had an idea too. I can drink other things besides beer.

Gareth: Isn’t that against your moral code?

Guard: What is involved in your moral code?

A-dom: I’m not really sure. It changes daily. It involves petting puppies and scratching kitties under the chin.

A-dom felt a burning sensation.

The group entered a much nicer bar down the street. It was around eleven in the morning now and a full party was going on. The guard walked up to the Sealord, then asked Gareth if he had a title. When Gareth said Craftsman of the People, the guard stopped to shake his head before introducing him. Jade’s Luck commented that she thought tyrant sounded more imposing. Gareth was told his entourage could wait downstairs while the two of them negotiated.

A-dom: But we’re a Circleocracy.

The guards took notes. A-dom argued that they should be included. When asked what a Circle was and who was involved in it, they left Tiger out of the expaination.

Jade’s Luck: I think the Necromancer Yew tried to de-choose her Circle.

The entire bar went quiet. Jade’s Luck insulted the Sealord by insinuating he would do something to Gareth off alone. Eventually they managed to argue that A-dom should be in the meeting, leaving out the women folk.

Jade’s Luck: So, is this considered my home for the duration of the meeting?

Sealord: Your father is in the building. Nobody touch her!

Jade’s Luck stayed down in the bar. A-dom asked her if she would be okay by herself. She responded she’d be as okay as him being by himself.

A-dom: Don’t bug the bartender too much. We’ll talk later.

Up in the meeting, A-dom did most of the talking, since Gareth really wasn’t enamored with chatting with pirates. They were brought drinks and cigars. The Sealord wanted to discuss possible trade with Atlantis, since they hadn’t had any previously, due to the Realm. A-dom brought up that they weren’t a big fan of unethical piracy. After an advisor explained what ethical piracy. A-dom said that, while they weren’t going out of their way to stop said activities, they did not want to promote plundering, raping, slavery, and pillaging. The Sealord said they weren’t with the raping and slavery. They got it understood that the Circle didn’t so much care what was done to Realm ships, but would take offense at attacks on their own ships.

They started talking about the hurricane and found out the Sealord was the hermit’s cousin. The trouble between them was the Sealord married the hermit’s girlfriend. The Sealord was hoping the hermit would die of old age, since he was older. The Sealord asked if they could convince the hermit that Sealord was running a country to the south, since he was fairly gullible.

They hammered out that they could avoid pirating Atlantis ships, so long as the Realm was coming further towards them. They discussed setting up permanent trade routes.

Down in the bar, Jade’s Luck got bored. She was really tempted to get all of the drunken pirates in a little sing-song. That would have led to a lot of dead people, so she made the pirates play charades. She increased her Appearance to five for this time. She tried to charm a few pirates, but got minimum success.

The Sealord considered Admiral Bloodsky to be an annoying competitor of his. Bloodsky had been Sealord fifteen years previous and they didn’t really like each other. The Sealord didn’t have any problems with Diamondeye Torr.

The Sealord said Skullstone made them nervous and Gareth said they were neutral towards them. A-dom said they didn’t believe that Skullstone was going to come at them with a big army of undead creatures.

The Sealord asked their opinion on Mother:):):):)ers. The Sealord was against them and couldn’t remember the word Sidereal.

When they got out of their meeting, A-dom and Gareth noticed there were several pirates crucified to the rafters. The pirates were still alive. A-dom quickly asked the nearest city official why that was done. Apparently not one had noticed it happen. They then noticed that something was written across the pirates’ chests in Old Realm.

[Insert Little Girl’s Writing] 1h55m

A-dom noticed a vent in the roof near where the bodies were hung and he thought he saw a little girl’s foot through it. He ran outside and hopped on the roof, but didn’t see anything.

A-dom: Little Mother:):):):)er? Anywhere? Here, little Mother:):):):)er!

Gareth heard A-dom, went outside and hopped onto the roof.

A-dom: I’ve got a new theory. Maybe we had a Mother:):):):)er, and she died.

Gareth investigated the scene. He pulled out his pipe and smoked it while he explained to A-dom. The crime was clearly committed by the ghost of an Exalt of some kind. The ghost clearly had an artifact lasso of some sort, since that is how she grappled people on the ground and yanked them to the ceiling so fast no one noticed. She wrote on their chest using her fingernail. He thought reading the writing might make you start thinking negative thoughts about Jade’s Luck, so it could involve Linguistics charms. The ghost skipped out into the daylight and became invisible, then wandered off.

Gareth went down and started healing those with the writing on them with medicine charms. A-dom activated his anima power and bracers to yell across the city to summon Tiger.

A-dom: Hey Tiger! Come over to the Drunken Porpoise!

Tiger appeared next to A-dom, having sped over.

A-dom: We’ve got some neat stuff going on. Ghosts and people getting crucified. It’s awesome!

A-dom then realized he was still shouting.

A-dom: Sorry everyone.

A-dom turned his power off and filled Tiger in on what happened and his Mother:):):):)er theory.

Gareth started to fill the Circle in on what he found in Hoen-Ba. Then he realized A-dom didn’t speak Hoen-Ba and switched to Old Realm. Gareth didn’t think she was a Sidereal, since she had a distinct appearance and had what looked like Solar Linguistics charms. Jade’s Luck didn’t think she was a Solar, since she would have been all glowy in her fight with Rosewind. Gareth said he didn’t think she was a Deathknight, since they showed up after the usurpation.

Ryan/A-dom proclaimed that, if there hadn’t already been an incarnation of him and Tiger who had been locked in mortal combat and he had one, he wanted to keep trying. Paul pointed out completely out of character that A-dom and Tiger had never murdered each other. Perhaps their time had come.

The Sealord was around, but wasn’t appearing to understand what they were saying or specifically paying attention to them.

They tried to figure out what to do with the ghost. A-dom offered to do Necromancy to summon her. Jade’s Luck nicely asked him not to. She didn’t think experimentation in a town full of mortals was the best way to find out if Necromancy was the same as Sorcery during Calibration.

A-dom suggested they go find an empty bar and wait for her to show up. He also commented that he knew where to find one. This led to asking about messing with the bartender. A-dom said he thought he caused the bartender to commit suicide.

A-dom: Well, he seemed to be a little down after the conversation about dinner with the Yozis.

The look of anguish on Jade’s Luck’s face cannot be properly transcribed. A-dom then his conversation with the bartender, trying to explain why he said everything and slant things away from being his fault. He didn’t do a very good job of it.

The Circle headed back to the bar to investigate. The bar was actually quite crowded here, since there was an untended bar. Gareth and Tiger wandered into the bathroom to investigate. Gareth found the blood smear on the stonework just inside the toilet and quickly figured out that the toilet did, indeed, eat him.

A-dom felt better, since it wasn’t his fault. He then asked if they should claim the bar for themselves. This was shot down, as being not important at the moment.

A-dom made an out of order sign with pictograms for the bathroom door, then put something heavy in front of the door. A pirate saw them making the out of order sign and went into the ladies room. There was then a crunch.

A-dom wandered into the ladies room and saw the blood smear on the ceiling. There was blood on the stones of the toilet, which looked like teeth. It looked like the sewer walls ate the guy. A-dom went and got Gareth. Once he saw this, he immediately put up Integrity Protecting Prana.

A-dom postulated that either the entire sewer was the Wyld or just this small section right below them was. After collecting Tiger and Jade’s Luck, more Integrity Protecting Pranas were put up. Jade’s Luck saw it was a Wyld creature inside Creation and tried to knock the Wyld out of the sewers. She only managed to knock the Wyld out of ten feet of sewers.

Jade’s Luck: I don’t have enough Willpower to do this today.

Gareth went and found a city guard.

Gareth: You have a problem with your city sewer system, which we’ll be taking care of as soon as we can. Your sewer system is currently a Wyld creature.

The guard asked to be shown. Then the guard commented that it was odd and stuck his head into the toilet. The toilet clamped down and started sucking him in, like a snake swallows its prey.

Gareth told the group he was going to go inform the Sealord, since telling guards wasn’t doing anything special. The others stayed there and guarded the bathroom from patrons.

While Gareth was walking, he noticed a little redheaded girl walking next to him.

[Insert Little Girl’s Speech] 2 hours 29 minutes

The girl then faded away right next to him.

Gareth got back to the Drunken Porpoise and found the Sealord.

Gareth: You’ve got a slight problem at the moment, which concerns the safety of your island. Your sewer system is currently heavily infected with the Wyld.

Sealord: Yes, we know. Lots of Monsters.

Gareth: Your sewer system currently IS a Wyld creature, at least for the rest of Calibration. We tried to knock the Wyld out of it, but it didn’t go very far. It is currently eating people who use a crapper, at least at the bar we were at. I tried to tell a guard about this, but he stuck his head in the toilet to investigate. It ate him. You might want to institute a policy of chamber pots immediately.

Sealord: Chamber pots. The potters should like that.

Gareth: We’re trying to deal with the situation, but we may not be able to until after Calibration. It depends upon how powerful it is.

Sealord: I really wish we knew where it came from. Just one day, Wyld.

Gareth: Well, it’s the Wyld. Can you really predict it?

Sealord: Some people can. I think they’re crazy.

Gareth: I’m going back there now. I figured you should be told so that you can effectively deal with keeping people calm. The last thing we need is to start a panic over this.

Back at the Inn, Jade’s Luck was trying to get A-dom’s attention.

A-dom: Hey? What? I wasn’t stealing.

Jade’s Luck explained that obviously this was a wake and they needed to honor the two dead people. She asked if he could make an announcement so they could honor the ghosts. She suggested Gareth help with the wording of the announcement.

A-dom: Nah, I got it. I got it.

A-dom stood up on a chair.

A-dom: Can I have everyone’s attention? Everyone?

No one paid attention to him.

A-dom: The Necromancer Yew!

The Inn went quiet and everyone looked at him.

A-dom: Good. Now that I have your attention, I have a very important announcement. I want everyone to know, Do NOT use the crapper! You WILL be eaten! Three people have died already.

Crowd: The Necromancer Yew caused this! We’re All Going to Die! AHHHH!!!!

Panic ensued as people started running out of the building.

A-dom: Fine, we’ll go with that. As of right now, this party is officially a wake. We are honoring those three dead people. If anyone knows their names? One of them was the bartender, hopefully someone knows him.

A-dom then realized he was talking to an empty room, save Tiger and Jade’s Luck.

Jade’s Luck: Maybe you could not bring my past incarnation into this, as people seem to be really quick to blame her for everything and I’m getting really tired of that.

A-dom: Okay, revision number two.

Tiger: But you/Yew had it coming.

A-dom jumped outside and onto the roof, turning on his power.

A-dom: Attention Everyone! There seems to be some problems with the sewers. They’re full of Wyld. Do not, I repeat, Do NOT go anywhere near an opening into the sewers, including your bathrooms. Please use alternative means, else you will be eaten and die. There will be punch and pie.

Tiger: You’re supposed to open with that.

A-dom: We don’t serve punch and pie. Crap, I said that loud.

A-dom repeated his message and then turned off his powers.

As Gareth was walking back, he heard A-dom’s message. He immediately slapped his forehead and then shook his head.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 66 - Walking Briskly Toward Danger

Session 66

Synopsis of 03/03/08

Walking Briskly Toward Danger
Subtitle: A-dom Fists the City
-By Ao the Overkitty

Gareth seriously considered just getting on his boat and sailing away. It was very tempting, but he didn’t do it. He sighed as he reentered the bar.

Gareth: If you’re done instilling panic and fear in the populace, can we get started fixing the problem?

A-dom explained how he had instilled fear and panic by mentioning the Necromancer Yew.

A-dom: Necromancer Yew! Oogity Boogity!

Pretty much all of the other patrons left the bar. A-dom marveled at how cool Yew must have been and wanted to know just what she did to earn such fear and respect. He spoke of her for a while like a teenage girl talks about her dreamy boyfriend.

Gareth told A-dom that the Sealord was going to want to talk with him after they were done. An apology was likely in order.

The group

Jade’s Luck:So, are we just going to pull up a random sewer grate and jump in?

A-dom: Okay. (pulls up sewer grate and jumps down) WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Jade’s Luck continued to try and discuss how to track Wyld essence flows back to their source. A-dom responded by non-bracer yelling ‘what?’ , ‘I can’t here you. I’m in the sewer already!’ and ‘Guys, I’m lonely.’

Gareth climbed down into the sewers and waited for the other two to follow.

A-dom: Hey Gareth. I went a whole day without saying Sarah.

Tiger: Well, you screwed that up.

A-dom: What do you mean? I didn’t say Sarah.

Gareth took several steps away from A-dom. Jade’s Luck and Tiger saw a lightening bolt strike the ground very close to her (right above where A-dom was standing). They told him what happened and to not say that word. A-dom thought it was cool and commented on how he just needed to stand below the right person.

Tiger and Jade’s Luck hopped down into the sewers to take a look around. Tiger could see which direction had more Wyld energies than the other and also noticed that the sewage wasn’t so much sewage and digestion fluids and digestion spirits. He commented that it looked like they were inside a Wyld beast. Gareth brought out his armor and his scythe. A-dom shrugged. Jade’s Luck put up Chaos-Repelling Pattern.

As the group walked towards the more concentrated Wyld they came upon a little wooden doll walking the other way. It waved at the group all nervous like. The doll then fell over as it got into range of Jade’s Luck’s Creation. Once the group had passed, it got back up and swore.

A-dom: That was mean!

Gareth went over and disassembled it.

Tiger: Now THAT was mean!

Gareth: It’s a Wyld creature.

A-dom tried to put it back together. It walked away with a serious limp.

Tiger had a lot harder time tracking the Wyld in the pocket of Creation so he scouted ahead. Plus it got him out of the stinky poo part of the sewer and back into the digestive tract. Eventually they came to a stairwell made out of weird bones (giant ant bones). The Wyld was more concentrated down there, so A-dom started down. Jade’s Luck waited for the others to get down the stairs before approaching. When she did the wall reformed, making the stairway disappear. She turned off her charm and waited ten minutes for the staircase to reappear. When she got down to the bottom, she asked if the group was okay. Gareth declared Gin and plunked down his cards. A-dom didn’t realize they were playing gin. Tiger thought they were playing poker. The deck of cards declared it thought they were playing solitaire and wandered off. A-dom chucked something at the cards. Most of them scattered, but the King took it right on the head.

A-dom: Maybe we shouldn’t play cards with a deck of cards we found in the Wyld.

This corridor’s walls was much more bone themed. Every so often the walls were made of marshmallows, but mostly it was bones. Everyone but Gareth saw a ghost up ahead rearranging bones in the wall. The bones then moved around some more as if they were stacked in jello. They woman was trying to tell the bones to stop moving. They weren’t listening.

The group talked with the female ghost for a bit. She was the proprietor of the tunnel, which had been sealed off for a while. It had been sealed off by the mistress while she still ruled the island, to protect it. A-dom asked if the mistress was Sarah. The ghost winced.

Alex: Some poor puppy just got zorched.

A-dom: We’re all here, who cares?

A whole bunch of bones came shooting out of the wall at A-dom, piercing him a lot. They found out it was only normal during Calibration. It was due to certain people cursing the mistress. The ghost asked him to put the bones back exactly where they belonged? A-dom did so and put his dress on.

The ghost told them the mistress had sealed off the tunnel to protect the legacy of Yew. It was very happy to learn Jade’s Luck had been Yew. The mistress had been Yew’s apprentice.

Gareth: I think Sarah was Tiger.

Jade’s Luck moved away from both Gareth and A-dom. Bones shot out at Gareth, piercing his armor but failed to pierce his skin due to the Twilight anima power.

They found out the mistress was the quite, secretive type. They got more information on Yew and her demise. Yew was assassinated in her own city by Wejin the Hideous, Lotus the Witch and Cindy. Markus the Mad died in battle and exalted as Rosewind the Compassionate. Rosewind attacked the great necromancer’s acolyte, Sarah, who then exalted.

The ghost then exploded for saying Sarah. A few minutes later it reformed.

Ghost: (looking at A-dom) I blame you.

A-dom: I also blame Yew.

A-dom got whacked. The group discussed needing signs.

Jade’s Luck explained what had happened in Creation to the ghost.

Eventually Tiger got bored and wandered off to find the source of the Wyld. When he found a big, wobbly ball of Wyld, he called Jade’s Luck over to look at it. After a little bit, it spit out an armored hamster. A-dom felt it needed a knife duct-taped to its back.

The hamster walked past the group.

Armored Hamster: Excuse me, I have to get back to work.

A-dom picked him up and hugged him, saying he was so cute. He put the hamster down and it wandered up the staircase. An eyeball popped out of the Wyld ball and rolled to the staircase. Once it got their, bat wings popped out and it fluttered up.

Gareth asked Jade’s Luck if she had enough Willpower to smack the Wyld. She asked him how to make iron weapons. With his instruction and five hours, she turned the patch of Wyld into cold iron weapons. With the source of the Wyld energy gone, Tiger was pretty sure that a simple walkthrough with Chaos-Repelling Pattern would destroy the remaining Wyld.

As they headed back towards the stairway, Jade’s Luck commented about getting Gareth to build a tunnel to get out. The ghost said she wouldn’t advice that, commenting that they were in the mistress’s secret storage area and the death traps were likely all active now that the Wyld was gone. Luckily, she said this corridor was safe.

The group discussed where they wanted to go now, since they had three directions to try now that the area had been righted. A-dom asked the ghost which way the death traps were. She said yes. He asked her which way the good :):):):) was. She said yes. He asked which way the Manse was. She said she couldn’t tell him that.

Watching the bickering, the ghost commented about how she saw how the war had started.

The group decided to go left, so Jade’s Luck turned on the Chaos-Repelling Pattern and they went. The ghost was happy that the bones were staying in place now. Eventually they came to an archway with large, glowing runes on it. It reminded A-dom of an archway underneath Skullstone. He thought it was similar, but he thought it might just burn the soul out of the body. He and Tiger got closer to investigate how to deactivate it.

Disembodied Female Voice: If you want to come through this doorway, you must prove you are a practitioner of Necromancy.

Jade’s Luck tried to question the voice, but failed. A-dom and Tiger noticed that there were a few corpses around the doorway, possibly people who had tried and failed.

A couple of minutes after the group started discussing if it was a good idea to find out what happened when you cast Necromancy during Calibration Tiger noticed a curtain of green flame coming down the corridor from the direction they had come. Tiger pointed out. Jade’s Luck told A-dom to animate a corpse.

Paul: Intelligence+Occult.

Ryan: Wait a minute. I have to find my intelligence. I don’t normally know where that is.

A-dom started casting his spell and he got a lot more power than he was expecting. He managed to channel it properly. Black, necromantic energy formed around three of the skeletons, making them reform and glow. They looked like improved zombies.

Skeleton: Yes, sir. What would you like?

A-dom: Nothing at the moment.

Skeleton: You may wish to step this way, sir. There seems to be green flame coming towards you.

A-dom said the skeleton could call him the Necromancer Mii. The Skeletons ended up being named Yes and What. Yes was clearly incompetent, since he couldn’t speak yet. What kept calling A-dom sir.

Everyone, including the new creations, stepped through the deactivated archway. The runes powered back up once everyone was through and the green flame died out just before it reached the archway. Jade’s Luck asked if they’d need to prove again to get back through. What noted there weren’t any skeletons on this side of the archway. A-dom noted they’d have to make one. What asked whom he was volunteering for the task.

They were now in a rather large room with assorted necromantic tools. A-dom was pretty sure it had lots of burial rights tools, including mummification. On the other side of the room was another of the magical archways. Jade’s Luck noticed some writing on the wall.

In Old Realm After the death of the Great Necromancer Yew, her knowledge was oppressed by the evil tyrant overlords. This location was designed to test people to see if they appropriately aligned to accept the teachings of Yew.

She couldn’t read any further. It looked like it was written in Old Realm, but it was all gobbley-gook to her.

Gareth took a look at it and managed to get farther.

It went on to talk about how you would be tested for knowledge of basic occult, necromancy, proper motivation, proper use of occult, proper reverence for the Great Necromancer Yew.

Gareth couldn’t read any further for the same reason.

A-dom could read it all just fine.

It then went on about how great Necromancy was and what a great tool it was to help Creation. It said some great things about how the City of Yew was a utopia because of the undead workers.

Then it ended. Jade’s Luck only heard gobbley gook from A-dom, while everyone else heard him just fine. They figured this had something to do with the mind block on her about Yew and left it at that. Jade’s Luck got closer to the archway to investigate.

Disembodied Female Voice: You must now demonstrate a basic knowledge of sorcery.

Everyone looked at each other, looking a little worried. Everyone but Gareth noticed black, necromantic energy over by the far doorway, slowly moving towards the group.

What: In think we can survive that, sir! You may be screwed.

Tiger decided to try the thaumaturgy way of seeing spirits. A-dom asked when they put the blood in their eyes. Tiger finished the ritual and had to deal with a lot more power than he was used to. Tiger dematerialized. The archway deactivated. Jade’s Luck up sorcerer’s sight and saw Tiger. Everyone moved through the archway. Tiger went through the wall to see what it was like. Jade’s Luck told him he might materialize inside the wall if he did that. Tiger ignored her.

They walked down a long corridor full of bones.

Tiger: Bad A-dom

Only Jade’s Luck heard him.

A-dom: Just as a suggestion, don’t go near any archways until we’re ready for them to activate.

What complimented him on the suggestion. When asked, he said he didn’t have sense of sarcasm.

A-dom: If I gave you free will for an hour, what would you do?

What: I already have free will, sir. Thank you for that.

After a while, Tiger started to fade in. It actually took him a few minutes to fade in completely. Eventually they approached another archway.

Disembodied Female Voice: Please explain in as much detail as you can how you plan to use Necromancy. How you will better the world with it. (pause) No. You. A-dom.

A-dom: Well, I plan to reinstate the idea of undead as servants and potentially create a few armies and take over some islands and potentially make an island of undead people, but that would probably end up in the Underworld. I would experiment and see how I could make the world better with the undead, including Creation things so Creation doesn’t turn into the Underworld. Cause that’s bad. But then use the Underworld holes to my advantage.

Jade’s Luck (whispers): For the glory of the Unconquered Sun.

A-dom: Oh yeah, and I’d probably give the Unconquered Sun credit and say some nifty stuff about Yew as soon as I learn about her and, you know, take over the world for the Unconquered Sun. Oh, and the Circle.

Disembodied Female Voice: So, in summery. The high points are you plan on expanded Necromantic experimentation. Creation of undead armies to conquer lands uncontrolled by Solars. Reinstating undead servants. To expand the teachings of Yew once you learn them?

A-dom: I think so. I’m a little wishy-washy on that last one, since I don’t know what they bare yet. Pretty much, Necromancy Yeah!

Jade’s Luck pointed out that he didn’t have the temperament for teaching. The voice asked her if she too was planning on expanding the teachings of necromancy. She said no, but she planned on expanding the teaching of teaching.

Disembodied Female Voice: And you plan to give all credit to the Unconquered Sun? Some credit? A little credit?

A-dom: Some credit to him, some to me. Cause it all comes from him anyway. After all, even though I give credit to Yew and me, it’s still Him.

Him the zombie looked very excited.

A-dom: Not you, Him. The Unconquered Sun.

Disembodied Female Voice: So, does anyone here object to A-dom’s goals or plan to work against him in the completion of these goals.

Another wall of fire could be seen down the corridor. The voice made them choose one or the other. Jade’s Luck tried to put provisos in her response. The voice wouldn’t accept them. A-dom added the goal that he would attempt to use udead for the betterment of Creation.

Jade’s Luck tried to put provisos in her response. The voice wouldn’t accept them. The flames were warming their asses by the time she chose for. Gareth chose for quickly. Tiger was against more undead running around, so decided against. There was a flash and everyone’s pact was sealed. The arch deactivated and the group tumbled through, a little more burnt than before.

On the other side, it was pitch dark. They moved a little way in and the lights turned on. They saw a huge zombie abomination with eight heads and twelve arms. A-dom thought it was cool and started asking it if it knew Rappy, Spiny, or the Katamari ball. Al of the arms pulled out swords. A-dom asked if he was a test. The zombie asked what he thought. Gareth whipped out his scythe and asked how he was going. The zombie said he’d seen it before. It then introduced itself as the Guardian and asked which one passed the test. A-dom said he passed most of them. Lots of confusion of Yew, you, Mii, Mii, Him. When a manse was brought up, A-dom said he was taking it. He said A-dom could go past, but the others had to stay. He’d only fight them if they tried to go past.

Jade’s Luck brought up that he had been claiming a lot lately and Gareth brought up that Tiger was supposed to get the next Manse. A-dom deattuned the dress, but it didn’t drop his armor. He said he’d gladly give Jade’s Luck the dress once he found new armor.

A-dom: I will not take another artifact or Manse until one of the three of you tells me I can. After this one.

A-dom stuck him hand in Pursey, looking for an Eclipse. Pursey said she fell out the hole.

A-dom: We don’t have an Eclipse, but I swear on the shard in my head and the Unconquered Sun…

What: Sir, why don’t you make a magic ritual that’ll do the same thing?

A-dom: Why don’t we bind this pact after Calibration?

A-dom walked on down his dark path, I mean corridor. After a little bit he came to a Gargoyle. After saying he was A-dm, he was let right in.

Everyone else was bored outside for several hours. A-dom wandered around for a while, finding most things you’d find in one. Eventually he found a ghostly servant who reported he wasn’t allowed to divulge the secrets of the Manse. He stated that he wasn’t able to offer tea, since they had run out several hundred years ago and could use some restocking. Eventually found the Hearthstone room. The Hearthstone was black and death motifs occasionally skittered across the surface.

Once he had attuned to the manse, he found a control panel in the Hearthstone room. On it was an up/down lever all the way in the down position. A-dom immediately flipped it all the way up.

Everyone heard an earthy, grinding noise. The rest of the Circle was pretty sure a massive earthquake was happening several hundred feet in the direction A-dom went. It and the grinding stopped after two minutes.

In the control room, A-dom had a nice panoramic view of the city. Part of the city was flopped over on another part of it. He was pretty sure he came up under mostly farmland. He destroyed no more than 10% of the city. He could see people scurrying out from underneath the flopped over land.

The Abomination let the others exit through a spiral bone staircase. The staircase was only twenty feet tall, but it corkscrewed its way up through the ground to reach the surface. They ended up right beside a big Skeleton Fist Manse jutting up from the ground. There was a palisade of bones around the building.

Jade’s Luck was delighted at the havoc that had been brought upon this city and its lord and giggled at how the Sealord was going to react when he found out what had been hiding beneath his city. She sent Tiger out to see if troops were mobilizing yet (they weren’t).

Gareth and Jade’s Luck ran out to help people. At this time, A-dom lowered the lever again. The Manse corkscrewed back down into the ground, dragging the land that had been flipped over back over it (still flipped over). Screams were heard from people dragged down with it.

Tiger noticed an armored gerbil riding on top of a flying eyeball float past. Jade’s Luck dropped all of the iron weapons she had made on the ground at Tiger’s feet and ran out to find wounded people for Gareth to heal.

A-dom reattuned his dress and put it away before making his way towards a skeletator staircase.

What: Uh, sir? Sir! Do we follow you around? Kill people and wear their flesh?

A-dom giggled at this thought, then ordered What, Him and Yes to wait in the manse and keep an eye on the place. He added that What was in charge of Yes and Him. Then he left.

Random Mortal: Oh my god! The earth is exploding! This is worse than that freaking bar!

Tiger stopped the man and asked him about the bar.

Random Mortal: The freaky bar with all the weird thingys! Gods! Twenty miles down the road!

Jade’s Luck got directions and told him chamber pots were a safe option this Calibration. She got him a beer and a chamber pot. She then told Gareth about the bar. They set out cleaning up the mess there.

A-dom showed up.

A-dom: I didn’t do anything!

Jade’s Luck asked A-dom how his pulling people out from under rubble without hurting them abilities were. He wasn’t too sure about them.

Two city guards walked briskly over.

A-dom: Completely Accidental!

City Guard: What happened here, exactly?

A-dom: I found a manse, attuned it, and uh, broke the top layer of the soil?

The guards asked him several more questions, including his name. He answered truthfully. One of the guards then ran away.

A-dom: That’s potentially dangerous that way!

The other guard rallied people.

A-dom then started digging people out of the rubble ‘that he had nothing to do with’. Dig person out, brush them off, ‘I had nothing to do with this,’ move on.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 67 - A-dom Was Here. Sorry!

Session 67

Synopsis of 03/17/08

A-dom Was Here. Sorry!
Subtitle: Children Are Not Innocent Mortals
-By Ao the Overkitty

Gareth had a really weird dream. At first, he was having a normal dream, walking around wearing his night robes and carrying his scythe. Then he was standing in front of this statue of a woman who had light projecting from her mouth. A whole bunch of Lunars were standing around. Some of them were in human form, some were in animal form, and one shifted right in front of him. They asked him to help fix the statue. He agreed to help them fix it because they said this would piss off the Sidereals (at least two of them called them Sidereals, not Mother:):):):)ers). He realized that he was in the Wyld, so he took standard precautions. It was also clearly not Calibration in the dream, since the moon was in a different phase and the Lunars made references to it being Earth Resplendent. He told them what they needed to fix it (black and blue jade). A crow flew out of the room, then a barbarian man with a top hat walked in with some black and blue jade that was crying (he had beaten it up to make it black and blue). They made one of the Lunars turn into a rat and shoved him inside the statue to retrieve some broken parts. After those parts were fixed, he asked them for an explanation of what it did. The Lunar in the top hat started speaking in Jahar for an hour. The vague, short description had something to do with Fate and keeping Heaven from noticing you. Through talking with the crazy top hat guy, they managed to come up with another list of things needed to fix the Artifact Statue. The guy started pulling weird things out of his top hat, including a little Viking boat (which would have been perfect for the Cannibalistic Voodoo Mice). This made him cry a little. They needed the dreams of a maiden, so the Lunars got a Knight and forced him to go to sleep and stole his dreams with the top hat. After the statue was fixed, Gareth put a big G on the floor in front of it. The Lunars all appeared to be quite happy. Then he went back to a normal dream. This was a nice change, since it got him away from that creepy old lady that was hitting on him.

Gareth made a mental note that, after they got done with Heaven, they needed to go find the mice. Down at breakfast he voiced this to the group.

The group had a long discussion about how to get the Mice through the Wyld Portal intact. A Sack of Wyld Protection was included in the discussion, as was a Tortoise Zepplin. Also the charms ‘Sometimes Lawgivers :):):):) Up’ (you can no longer prove the crime actually happened) and ‘I Didn’t Do It’ (you are not blamed for anything including the explanation of why that didn’t happen).

They discussed what A-dom was going to say to the Sealord before he and Gareth went to see him. It required a lot of revisions. Jade’s Luck wanted to go along and meet the ladies of the island ‘to do embroidery while the men folk were off discussing important things.’ None of the group were buying that was her purpose.

A-dom: Gareth, tell her she has to stay at the Inn. Lay down the Law! Start being Strict!

Gareth and A-dom went to see the Sealord. They were directed to a military camp, where it looked like the troops were mobilizing. The Sealord was giving lots of orders and were acting like they had been attacked by agents of the Bodhisattva.

Gareth let them know that they had mostly dealt with the Wyld problem, they just needed to do a once over of the sewers to remove any remaining residue. A-dom then apologized for creating panic. Gareth explained that, while routing around down in the sewers, they found a Manse. A-dom them apologized for accidently raising it and causing destruction. He didn’t want the Manse leveled and promised to keep it underground from now on. They promised to repair the land and buildings they destroyed. A-dom was informed he had disrupted three weddings.

After their meeting, A-dom and Gareth spent the day rebuilding and repairing the destroyed village.

A-dom got the idea to secret a message in the building construction (A-dom Was Here). He devised a plan (Wits+Linguistics). He was using the natural wood and stone of the area so it would blend in and his message would only be visible from one rooftop at a specific time of day. With Gareth’s help, they executed the plan perfectly.

Jade’s Luck disguised herself as a guy. Tiger carried Jade’s Luck through the sewers destroying the rest of the Wyld and then spent the rest of the day wandering the city. Jade’s Luck was learning more about the city for future reference. They wandered into a bar where a lot of pirates were wearing the same colored handkerchiefs as A-dom. Tiger stole money from everyone so he could buy the whole bar a drink. (it was noted ooc Tiger has not been properly displaying his wealth, since he’s been walking around like a cripple and just bought everyone a drink).

Jade’s Luck found out the black sash pirates tended to be more freewheeling pirates. They tended to steal stuff on land and claim it was at see, didn’t tend to take hostages, were sometimes cannibals. They tended to buy cheap crap and shine it up to look nicer (improperly displaying wealth). They were known to be more incompetent than brutal, but were large and prosperous. They weren’t liked by the more honorable pirate families.

When they got back together at the end of the day, A-dom said he’d make sure he’d steer clear of that bar, since he owed them some money and didn’t want to deal with it.

The next day, Gareth and A-dom went up on the rooftop rather early so they could get a good view. Strangely, there was already a message displayed. A-dom Kicks Puppies. The message then changed A-dom Destroys Villages.

The message seemed to keep changing as the sun arched across the sky.

A-dom Kicks Puppies
A-dom Destroys Villages
A-dom Dines With Yozi
A-dom Will Invade With Armies of Undead
A-dom Is Never Sorry
A-dom Says ‘:):):):) You!’
A-dom Should Stay In His Room During Calibration

Gareth pointed out this might be retribution for those three weddings A-dom disrupted. They checked and you could see at least one message from pretty much any rooftop at some time during the day.

They decided this was an opportune time to skip town towards the bar with the door to Heaven. While they were all walking, Gareth filled Tiger and Jade’s Luck in on A-dom’s buildings of shame.

After the first day, they sat down in the Inn to enjoy themselves. After a while, Tiger realized that A-dom was sitting between two gods, who were drinking heavily. Tiger talked to them and found out one was the God of Wheels and the other was the God of Baldness. A-dom and Tiger talked for a while. Wheels thought that Architecture and his little brother, Arches, were total pricks. A-dom insulted Roadways and offended Wheels. A-dom left his beer and quickly left for his room.

The next day, as they approached the next town, they could all see a bunch of obvious gods walking around. It looked like the gods were having a drinking party. Roadways was clearly there, as was a big ball of Fire.

The group decided ‘why not?’ and wandered into town. They passed Lampoil puking and went into a bar. Inside, Footfungus and Removal of Foot Diseases were sitting at completely different tables.

A-dom declared he’d drink whatever ‘he’ was drinking. The bartender asked if he was sure, since that was babies’ blood. He quickly chose someone else, who was drinking wine. A-dom told the bartender not to go to the bathroom, which made the God of Pissing Your Pants cheer.

A-dom: It’s really better if I just don’t get involved anymore.

A lot of gods nodded in agreement. A god of Reincarnation mentioned a lot of people asked not to be put near A-dom. Gareth went over to the ball of darkness drinking babies’ blood and bought him a drink, introducing himself. He found out the god was Under the Bed Darkness. A-dom started asking him about a bunch of dragon-blood kids dying in Atlantis over a year ago. And this is how Gareth and Jade’s Luck found out there were children in that tower.

A-dom was asked what he was the god of. Gareth said :):):):)ups, then apologized for having a Tiger moment. Long, drawn out discussion about how Tiger shouldn’t be the good son and how A-dom killed children too, so it shouldn’t just be expected of Tiger and it should all be explained as gross negligence. They were then told Gross Negligence was out back. They went out to get his opinion. Gross Negligence agreed with A-dom that it totally slipped his mind the children were inside.

Gross Negligence: He really only thinks of two things at a time; sex and whatever he is trying to do. Everything else just gets pushed to the side. Although the Shadowland was totally your fault.

A-dom: It’s not like they were important, anyway. They weren’t innocent mortals…

Jade’s Luck asked the god of Reincarnation if anyone had requested her recently. He said he had her first-born child all set up. Some Sidereal requested it with a sword to the face.

Jade’s Luck: Can I volunteer that soul for soulsteel?

Half the bar looked at her with dirty looks.

He explained there was no guarantee that the child would exalt and all she was getting was the soul, not the shard as her child. They found out that Jahar’s soul had tried to become a dragon-blood, since the shard kept inhabiting people who didn’t want to be a Solar. A-dom suggested that she could just have the child and kill it. Reincarnation said that wasn’t very nice, then asked if he was that friend of Gross Negligence. He didn’t understand the group’s problem with Sidereals. Long discussion ensued, which included the idea of sending notes to the Sidereals via a messenger spirit.

A-dom hung out with Gross Negligence for a while. Gross Negligence really liked his work. They all hung out for a while. They watched a god go through a doorway and not come back. By midnight, all the gods were going through that doorway. Someone had to run back and grab Gross Negligence to make sure he went through.

Tiger delivered a note to the Sealord from Gareth saying the Wyld in the Sewers was fixed.

While A-dom was off doing something, Jade’s Luck brought up to Tiger and Gareth that they shouldn’t do any stealing in Heaven, specifically the Peaches of Immortality. She felt A-dom shouldn’t know about them at all, since then he’d want to steal them and that’s a hanging offense. Gareth took A-dom aside and told him that, while certain people didn’t think this should be said, he felt it was necessary to point out. He told A-dom no stealing in Heaven. A-dom was all, ‘no :):):):), we’re the new mortals in Heaven.’ Gareth told him to especially not steal any peaches, because it was an immediate death offense. Yeah, the gods are weird.

The next morning, they all had breakfast and then ordered a shot of whiskey.

Bartender: So you’re all going to Heaven in the day the gods all have hangovers. Wow, you ARE courageous!

The bartender was delighted when Gareth actually paid him. He said he lost a lot of money during Calibration because asking the gods for money could get a bar dropped on you. A-dom, Tiger and the bartender had a happy conversation about how you went about procuring and keeping fresh babies’ blood.

As they were heading for the door, the bartender told then he had heard you’re supposed to watch your step. They found out it was a bucket closet normally and they had lost two employees through the doorway. The wooden bar was built around a stone archway.

Gareth’s Vision of Better Times said:
Gareth remembered being female, sitting in the big stone inn, looking at the archway.

Female Gareth (Witch something or other): So, what’s the problem?

Male Exalt: Well, mortals keep falling into it.

Female Gareth: So, what do you want me to do?

Man: Make some sort of requirement! It needs to be harder to get in to!

Female Gareth: How about whiskey?

Gareth let the others know that the whiskey requirement was an add on during the Rosewind, Tellus, Sara, and Witch something or other. The man he was talking to wasn’t Tellus.

A-dom walked through the door. Gareth paid attention to what he was doing as he stepped through the door. Tiger and Jade’s Luck watched their step as they walked through.

The doorway was off by a hundred and thirty degrees from normal and up above normal height. A-dom fell on the ground. Gareth fell on top of A-dom. Jade’s Luck barely managed to land without falling. Tiger had no problem landing properly.

The Celestial Lions argued over if they both lost the bet or not. They had been betting on if the group would land on their feet or not. Celestial Lions asked Tiger and A-dom of Jade’s Luck and Gareth were with them. When Tiger responded with a lackluster yes, the Lion said that they could now enter Heaven without a guide. They found out Celestial Lions were in the same union as Gargoyles. Jade’s Luck asked for a list of the rules. She was told she didn’t need one because she was with them (A-dom and Tiger). Long argument that consisted of ‘you don’t need one’ and ‘but I want one.’ She was told to ask someone with paperwork.

Gross Negligence walked by and waved.

Gross Negligence: Nice to see you!

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 68 - Not So Funny When You’re The One Under Review, Is It?

Session 68

Synopsis of 03/31/08

Not So Funny When You’re The One Under Review, Is It?
Subtitle: The Bureau of Putting Things Inside of Things
Alternate Subtitle: Don’t Say You’re Going to Kill Time in Heaven
-By Ao the Overkitty

The group got their bearings as they stood outside the Gates of Heaven. A normal looking man walked up to the group, asking if a Gareth was with them. A-dom pointed to Gareth. The man handed Gareth a sheet of paper and walked away.

Gareth read the letter in silence, letting the others wonder what it said.

Dear Sir,

As you may or may not know, you are outside of Fate. You are believed to be: Possessing a Cursed Artifact, Currently Demon Possessed, Currently Undead, in League with a Death Lord, and/or in League with the Wyld. A more detailed analysis will be performed free of charge if you report to (address shown, this note good for one free boat trip to that address). You are not being charged with a crime at this time, as we have no proof that you are aware of your current condition or the difficulties your absence from Fate is causing the Bureau of Fate. However if you are receiving this notice, you are inside Heaven. Which means the difficulties you are causing the Bureau of Fate are currently offenses that can be tried and prosecuted due to their directly affect many Gods in the Bureau of Fate directly.

I am legally required to inform you that being Outside Fate is not a crime. However your interactions with mortal beings and Gods may be considered criminal if you are outside fate.

Until you resolve this matter, the Bureau of Fate has taken the following Measures, designated case number G0F’URS3LF#113:

We have informed the Lions of your situation. Under sub-section 33312007 you and the members of your Circle may not come within 100 yards of any Office of the Convention of Fate, nor may you interact with any member of the Bureau of Fate whom is performing duties related to Fate. Any use of Charms on any member of the Bureau of Fate will be considered a level 3 or higher offense.

-You may freely contact representatives of the Bureau of Fate, Convention of Essence Users. As they will help you take steps to resolve your Case. Failure to meet with a Convention of Essence Users representative before you leave Heaven will indicate you are aware of your condition, and your case will be escalated and crimial charges will be filed upon your next return to heaven.

All women believed to have reproductive intercourse with you have had their reproductive systems suspended.

All items created by beings outside of fate are considered potentially hazardous even if they are mundane. We regret to inform you, a number of buildings on the Island of Atlantis have suffered arson (no mortals died in the commission of the act, that were not already fated to die within the next 24 hours) the ships, and relevant repair parts; Destine for Destruction I, Destine for Destruction II, and Destine for Destruction III have been permanently disassembled for the safety of Creation.

The Bureau of Fate: Dealing with you today to create a better tomorrow.

Sincerely,
[Information withheld due to recipient believed to be: Possessing a Cursed Artifact, Currently Demon Possessed, Currently Undead, in League with a Death Lord, and/or in League with the Wyld, etc.]

Gareth pronounced that the group needed to immediately go back to Atlantis, once their business in Heaven was done. They drug out of him the contents of the letter. Gareth mentally decided that they should slowly wander there so the affects of him being outside of fate would wear off by the time he got there.

A-dom wanted to know how you burn a stone wall. Gareth pointed out the wall wasn’t mentioned in the letter. A-dom felt they needed to check on the buildings in the Coral Archipelago and kept bringing it up. Gareth pointed out that they weren’t listed in the letter as being destroyed.

A-dom: I haven’t been sued yet.

Jade’s Luck: I would walk very small in Heaven, if I were you.

Dan: Three games from now… because someone opened his fat mouth.

A-dom got the group into another one of THOSE conversations (this one about burning down the woods of the East). A god walked past the group. Hearing them, he walked quickly away.

A-dom: I keep forgetting we’re in public.

Telepathy powers were brought up as a good idea and then quashed. After all, they’d just stand around drooling and occasionally hit each other for no apparent reason.

They looked around for a pub to waste a little time in. Conveniently, there was one right by the entrance. There were a few other gods inside the bar. A-dom saw Gross Negligence was drinking with some other type of combat spirit (spikes and angry looking). There were some other Nose-Wart level spirits there.

A-dom: So, now what fearless leader?

Tiger: Who made him (Gareth) leader?

Paul: Apparently A-dom did now.

Gareth asked the bartender if he accepted anything other than Gauss. The bartender said favors. A-dom made a snide comment, Tiger smacked him and received a drink.

A-dom went over to Gross Negligence and was introduced to Random Bar Violence. RBV remembered A-dom from when he was younger. A-dom got Gross Negligence to buy him a beer.

They got directed to the Convention of Natural Disasters, subdivision of World Shattering Events to learn about the Sapphire Sentinels. The Convention of Essence Using Beings was where they should inquire about pending lawsuits against a Solar. The inquest against Gareth was way over near the center of Heaven.

The next day, they used the piece of paper to take a silver boat. They found themselves in front of a big building with caryatid columns labeled Bureau of Destiny: Convention of Essence Users.

They quickly got directed to the Subdirectory of Solar Screw-ups. They knocked and entered, meeting their representative, Collateral Damage. He loved A-dom’s work.

An Examination spirit was brought in. It determined Gareth wasn’t Demon Possessed, Undead or a member of the Wyld. Collateral Damage proceeded with questioning. A lot of them involved being in league with a Deathlord or being in contract with the Wyld. Mostly they were questions A-dom would have been forced to answer in the positive. COLLATERAL DAMAGE asked A-dom if he should be auditing him next. A-dom declined. After the questioning, COLLATERAL DAMAGE decided Gareth was in possession of an artifact that kept him out of fate and said he’d let him deal with that.

COLLATERAL DAMAGE said the Sidereals got really pissy about people creating buildings when they’re outside of fate. COLLATERAL DAMAGE explained why it made them pissy (bad paperwork issues) and that they really couldn’t do anything directly against someone, but they could dig up other things to file against someone pissing them off. Jade’s Luck asked about if they were allowed to hunt Gareth, and he said they weren’t prevented and it was probably just personal. They couldn’t kill Tiger or A-dom in Heaven without it being a crime and the group couldn’t kill Sidereals in Heaven, because it’d be a crime.

They found out the Bone Lion wore off a year ago. Jade’s Luck asked if there was some way of mediation between this Mother:):):):)er that was messing with them. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said he’d look into it. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said that, if Gareth could be inside fate most of the time, he could get the lean taken off of his wife.

A-dom: I’d like to lean on his wife, if you know what I mean.

Jade’s Luck inquired as to what happened to them all that time. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said that they were stuck in a box, unofficially by Sidereals. He said there was no legal proof.

Jade’s Luck and A-dom asked about a plan to get the Underworld integrated into Heaven and be inside fate. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said they were Solars and could do anything they put their mind to.

They found out that the Shining Mask of Heroic Justice had shown up in Heaven once and talked to COLLATERAL DAMAGE. Since he was an essence user and not dead yet, COLLATERAL DAMAGE had to talk to him, but he didn’t like it.

Jade’s Luck found out her lawsuit had been settled when she admitted guilt and she had lost everything. She had had money, a nice house and some shares in an Inn. She vowed to find proof and file a lawsuit against the Mother:):):):)ers.

She inquired about a god of Exaltation, saying she had a lot of questions about it. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said he didn’t usually work on a Monday. He told her to look for Litech on one of the couches the rest of the week.

A-dom’s armies of undead got brought up in conversation. It got added to his file. Gareth got yelled at by Jade’s Luck. A-dom had a number of grievances in his file, but nothing actionable. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said he was the only one likely to read the file, so it should be okay. A-dom made a comment about destroying the files. COLLATERAL DAMAGE said they had had an incident years ago with a Solar not liking his paperwork and setting fire to several records. Now files were indestructible. Jahar’s files was sealed for COLLATERAL DAMAGE’s sanity.

Conversation meandered to talking about rogue demons. He said that, whenever they ran into one, someone in Heaven probably noticed it and sent it their way to be dealt with.

Eventually they left, getting directions to the Convention of Essence Users: Possessions in Heaven Division. When they got there, A-dom noticed across the hall from it was the Possessions in Creation Division.

Inside the Heave division, they talked with the god of Sacks. A-dom found out Rosewind had had a Manse in heaven, but Dom Kor had sold it off. Gareth had a workshop on PirateHug Lane in the Northwest corner of the city. It was listed as run down and probably looted. The money for security guards had run out after five hundred years. Tiger had a Flower shop that had been owned by Sarah, which was located in the South.

Across the hall in the Creation Division, they talked with the God of Being in a Box. He was a big box with arms and legs. All of his files were kept in small boxes.

To A-dom – All of your possessions have been hidden to make it more fun for you.

They found out that was the brainchild of Weijin the Hideous. Being in a Box wasn’t allowed to talk about why Wretch had been chopped up.

Jade’s Luck asked about the Solar? In a box. Being in a Box said he’d have to get back to her on that one and would send her a message when he found out.

Gareth was told there was a note saying Don’t look for the Library you blew up.

Since Tiger and Jade’s Luck weren’t going to ask, A-dom asked for them. Being in a Box didn’t find anything on Tiger until he was given his full name. They found out most of his stuff had been hidden, but there was a note saying Next time you’re in a tomb in the Neck, go left.

They got directions to the subdivision of World Shattering Events, in the basement. Jade’s Luck found out that the Bureau of Heaven was where she wanted to go to propose new Bureaus, like Solar newsletters.

They had a long walk down to the deepest, darkest part of the basement. There, they found a small door with the title Division of World Shattering Events, Exalt Entrance.

A little guy inside greeted them. Giving a little information on the Sapphire Sentinels, he pawed through his paperwork. He said it was okay, since they were in suspended animation. When told they weren’t, he introduced himself as Archidel, the god of World Shattering Events and said only he and the Wretch of Winter were allowed to let them loose. A-dom explained about the Manse activation. Jade’s Luck emphasized they would like the West to continue existing, so would like to shut them down. Archidel was confused that A-dom didn’t have to answer any questions and physically activate the Sentinels. A-dom apologized for the shortsightedness of his previous incarnation. Archidel said all they had to do was prove to the tombs that everything was okay in the West and they could power down. Archidel said he’d send her the specifics later.

Archidel wasn’t allowed to talk to anyone about anything pertaining to Yew. He said his head wouldn’t explode, he just didn’t want to tell anyone.

After a long conversation, Archidel exclaimed that he wasn’t the historian. This led to asking where the Historian was. Archidel didn’t know specifically where the Gods of History was and offered A-dom a Doom Muffin. It was Blueberry Doom. A-dom took the muffin, then controlled himself and gave it back.

The group wandered over to the Bureau of Fate, finding multitudes of unlabelled lines. Gareth examined them for an hour, had an ‘Ah-Ha!’ moment and directed the group to the third line to the left.

They talked to a secretary about putting souls into created mortals. A-dom wanted to put souls into living lawn furniture, so was directed to the line for illogical requests (the really long line). The group got a meeting with a member of the bureau of fate, humanities division for four am in one week’s time.

The group then had a week to kill. Since it would take three days of nonstop running to get to PirateHug Lane, they decided not to go there. Jade’s Luck sought out Litech. Gareth trained. Tiger ran down to his Flower shop to check it out. It was inhabited by the God of Bouquets. He got a free flower. A-dom incoherently rambled/speachified on a street corner about Mother:):):):)ers and finding :):):):):):):)s. A Celestial Lion wandered by and watched his speech for a while. Eventually he asked A-dom to stop for his own well being, since he couldn’t quite understand it, but felt someone might take offense at it.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 69 - The Beatings Will Continue Until Unity Improves!

Session 69

Synopsis of 04/14/08

The Beatings Will Continue Until Unity Improves!
Subtitle: A Series of Unfortunate Actions
-By Ao the Overkitty

A messenger spirit approached Jade’s Luck and was handed a piece of paper. She was informed it was pertaining to the inquiry she made. After a while of reading and making comments the rest of the group didn’t understand, they managed to drag out of her that the letter was Wretch. Of course, finding this out involved a lot of Yew/you confusion.

The letter contained information on how to deactivate the Sapphire Sentinels.

I am being forced to write this, in case the Sapphire Sentinels have been released accidentally. I of course know this is impossible. As if they are released, it means a future incarnation of me does not share my faith, does not practice the basics of our religion, can not follow simple instructions, clear clues, the advice of older Solars, and is not a Night Caste. Obviously this will never happen, so no one will ever read this.
<>In order to be given the paperwork to file for the deactivation of the Sapphire Sentinels, a Circle of Solars must have control over the following locations: <>

The Manse of Magmanmous Solitude. You won’t find it, if you are looking for it. Won’t that be fun for you to look for? <>

The Manse beyond the Floor. <>Location is self evident. <>

Calibration Island Bar and Grill. <>Has nothing to do with a calandar. Be prepared to make a great sacrifice. <> <>

<>The Seventh Day Manse. <>Located on the Sixth Day Island. <>
<>
{Your Manse HERE!} – In order to demonstrate your authority to pronounce the release of the Sapphire Sentinels was in Error, you must arrange for the creation of a new and powerful Manse. The Manse must cause a minimum of 100 people to pray to the Unconquered Sun of their own volition, without influence or coaching. The Manse may be of any aspect, or mana flow type. It may have any secondary function (Temple, Tomb, Death Ray, etc) The Manse must be placed in an area that would be recognized as “The West” by rational Gods in Heaven. The manse must be “Of the strongest nature.” The Manse must “resonate in some way with the other 4 manses.” Whatever the hell that means. Ask your Twilight about the occulty mumbo jumbo. Please rig your new manse to explode/implode upon the next release of the Sapphire Sentinals, so this document will remain valid. Failure to do so will result in it being impossible for the next group of Solars to deactivate the Sapphire Sentinels. <>

Once all 5 manses are controlled, each owner must in unison dance a jig naked while you (Note to side: apparently nobody in the Sub-Convention of World Shattering Events and Apocalypses has a sense of humor) pray for the appropriate paperwork while in the Hearthstone room of their individual manse (Yes you each need to have a different Manse. Tell the Dawn Caste prick to stop being so greedy). Paperwork must be filled out appropriately. Then in unison, in your hearthstone room, pray for the paperwork to be filed. <>
Once the paperwork is filed, the Sapphire Sentinels will adopt primarily defensive non-believer destroying protocols. Until the paperwork is fully processed. <>

After a two year bender, you’d think they’d let me get over the hangover before having to do this paperwork… but NOOOOooo…

-The Wretch of Winter.

PS: I hopeyou fail. All Non-believers should burn in the fires of infinite agony!

A-dom crossed out the comment to tell the Dawn caste to stop being so greedy.

During the week where they waited for their meeting with the Bureau of Fate, most of the group trained. Jade’s Luck sought out Litech, God of Exaltation. He looked rather like a godly hobo. He was human looking with stubble, wearing ratty clothes, and sleeping on a park bench.

He was not allowed to divulge the criteria for exaltation of the individual gods. He called the Death Knights ‘the new guys.’ He didn’t know much about them. He filled out a lot of paperwork.

She didn’t find her conversation with him terribly useful and muttered on her way back to the group.

Jade’s Luck: So, I’m getting the impression that all of the gods are bums and we should totally wipe the slate clean and start over again!

She got back to the group and voiced these feelings. A-dom became irate, since she clearly had a double standard when it came to who could genocide the gods. He felt if he was going to get bitched out for saying such things, she wasn’t allowed to ‘change sides’.

They eventually interrupted the conversation to go to their meeting in the Bureau of Fate. A-dom adopted his best salesman spiel and started talking to the bureaucrat about getting souls and putting them in people. Gareth intuited that the guy wanted a bribe and asked what they could do for him to get this pushed through. They got a list of souls he wanted freed.

• Arnak of Atlantis
  • Toma of Alagar (island near Abalon)
  • Algar of the sith day island
  • Kimba of Uk muck luk luk chuck

A-dom kept asking questions about the bribe, which wasn’t very helpful. More talk of Yew ensued. They got into a discussion about how some souls were defective and needed to be recalled. Jade’s Luck became more interested in Yew. A-dom negotiated a one for one deal, so they had one more soul ‘to play with’. (Chuk-Chuk, Diny, Uk-Steve, plus one)

Gareth gave the bureaucrat the information on the people they wanted ensouled, so it could be pushed through as soon as they were finished.

They got directions to the Bureau of Nature, where they could find the Department of Maps. The building was a three day’s walk away, so they got there in several hours. The department didn’t have any current maps.

Calibration Island was a small island in the Neck. Alagar was part of Abalone, in the Dom Sea. Sixth Day Island was usually in the Sea of Curses and was only there on the sixth day. Dom Kor’s island was destroyed.

The group negotiated a deal to make a current map of the island of Atlantis in exchange for directions to one of the gates out of Heaven to the West. The group then argued incessantly about which gate they wanted directions to, standing on islands, exploring more of the West on the way home and ripping holes in Creation.

Gareth got really pissed at this and took charge (Limit Break!). He demanded directions back to the Coral Archipelago door and ordered the group to start marching. The group decided to walk, to be defiant. Tiger zoomed off towards the door to get away from Gareth (‘He said to!’). A-dom picked up Gareth and Jade’s Luck and zoomed after him. A-dom said Gareth wasn’t the boss of him. Gareth pantsed A-dom and made a whip out of it. He failed utterly to whip A-dom.

A-dom: Why are you angry at the space next to me?

Gareth: Twenty Lashings For Insubordination!

A-dom tried to placate Gareth. Jade’s Luck decided she didn’t want to be near Gareth right now. Gareth ordered her to stay on A-dom. She told him to :):):):) off. A-dom tried to stop her from jumping down, but failed.

A-dom stopped.

Gareth: A-dom, go after her. Feel free to use Necromancy if you wish to.

A-dom asked Gareth if he could catch her. He said yes. A-dom picked Gareth up and chucked him at Jade’s Luck, but failed to aim right. Gareth grabbed onto a lamppost, twirled around it a couple of times gymnastically, and redirected himself. Three die stunt and he still failed to catch her.

She ducked into an official looking building and got into a line. She found herself in the line for starting wars. The line to her left was for small conflicts and the line to her right was for barfights.

Gareth: Come on, A-dom, we’re getting her!

A-dom decided to take Gareth out before he endangered himself further. A-dom grappled him A-dom tried to reason with Gareth while he walked Gareth away from the building.

A-dom: We’re going to get eaten by a Lion. Things went horribly wrong. You tried to do a unity speech.

Sadly, Gareth was beyond logic, currently.

A god wandered over and asked if there was a problem. A-dom said his friend was having some difficulties and he’d move away. A-dom carried Gareth over to an alley and sat down. They found a Urine God in the alley who wasn’t bothered by their presence.

Not being able to break free of the grapple, Gareth was screaming bloody murder. ‘You’ll pay for this!’ ‘This is mutiny!’ We have to stick together!’ etc.

Jade’s Luck was moving up in line and could still hear Gareth in the distance. She left the line and went outside. She put up her scene-long soak charms.

After a while, Gareth summoned his sword and armor. As soon as he saw the sword, A-dom monkey leapt up, still holding on. When Gareth activated his sword, A-dom got decently cut up, so he let go of Gareth. Gareth monkey-leapt off of A-dom and landed safely on the ground.

A-dom whipped out his dress and put it on quickly.

Gareth activated Authority-Radiating Stance.

Gareth: (Yelling) Jade’s Luck! Get Your Ass Out Here! We’re Going Home!

Jade’s Luck monkey-leapt away from him as best she could. Gareth, using his insane investigative skills, followed her trail, monkey-leaping along.

By this point, Gareth was totemic. A-dom saw that Gareth was about to take a shortcut through a garden of some kind. A-dom brought out his club and Captain Caveman’d towards Gareth.

Ryan: My dress stays perfect where it should be. It does not expose me inappropriately to others, and I smell like flowers.

The good news was for A-dom was Garth couldn’t dodge for :):):):). The bad news for him was he was flying straight into the sphere of Runey Doom!

A-dom’s club connects with Gareth, only doing two bashing, thanks to the Twilight caste power.

Gareth: (deadpan) Oh no, I’m in neg ones. oww.

Jade’s Luck saw the Golden Bear behind her and ‘ran faster.’

Gareth: (to A-dom) You :):):):)ing pansy! Why don’t you hit me in the front like a man!

Gareth: (to A-dom) You hit wimpier than I do!

To make a long story short, massive property damage ensued. Gardens were destroyed. A-dom stopped existing and then existed again. A-dom sat down and gave up. Lions were called. Gareth and A-dom ended up in jail. A-dom was in a nicer ‘detention’ jail while Gareth was in a crazy-person lockup. Gareth was still frothing at the mouth and yelling, demanding A-dom and Jade’s Luck be properly flogged for their insubordination; preferably by the God of Torture.

Jade’s Luck eventually met Tiger at the Gate to the Coral Archipelago. The Lions at the gate informed them of the incarceration of A-dom and Gareth. They were both awaiting trial, but it looked like A-dom had been trying to help stop Gareth. The Lions said Tiger was free to go, if he wished, since he wasn’t involved in this at all. Jade’s Luck tried to claim no involvement in the incident, but had to cop to running away from an angry Gareth. The Lions said they would have to question her.

Remove ads