Savage Species

kayn99

First Post
Ok I was wondering if the savage species book is 3. or 3.5? In the back of the book there is a template for a Feral creature. Could this template be added to a normal race and does a Ecl 1 make sense for it? Is it too powerful for ecl 1? I have tried to look for errata on it but have come up empty.

Kayn

Wolfwood2

Explorer
kayn99 said:
Ok I was wondering if the savage species book is 3. or 3.5? In the back of the book there is a template for a Feral creature. Could this template be added to a normal race and does a Ecl 1 make sense for it? Is it too powerful for ecl 1? I have tried to look for errata on it but have come up empty.

Kayn

Savage Species was created while the design team was in the final stages of ironing out 3.5. Consequently it needs careful attention to make sure that everything has been properly converted to 3.5 standards. (Which isn't that tough.) It's still a useful tool, though.

The Feral Creature template is generally agreed to have been given too low of a level adjustment, I believe.

glass

(he, him)
kayn99 said:
Ok I was wondering if the savage species book is 3. or 3.5?
It's kinda a hybrid. It came out just before 3.5, but incorporated some (but not all) of the relevant 3.5 changes.

glass.

Remove ads