The Omen 666 Review- no spoilers

Firebeetle

Explorer
Did a midnight show last night.

Well, if you HAVEN'T seen the original, you're in for a treat. Here's a completely modern, beautifully filmed version with all the same thrills and chill of the original.

If you HAVE seen the original, you're in for a disappointment. Here's a completely modern, beautifully filmed version with all the same thrills and chill of the original. Very little has been added, virtually nothing changed.

If you haven't seen it before, go, you'll have fun looking into the chubby face of evil. If you have, you're paying for nostalgia and to see Mia Farrow, who gives a terrific, terrific performance in what may be the best casting move since Geraldine Chapman played her grandmother. She's really great.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Why is it a disappointment if you have seen the movie? Sounds like you thought it was as good as the original and has some great acting.

Given the typical results of remakes, that sounds like a success to me.

Curious since my wife is very interested in seeing it. She loved the original (I've never seen it).

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I just read the Boston Globe review. Now I think I understand what Firebeetle was saying. It isnt a reinterpretation of the original, it is an almost exact duplicate. Nothing at all new other than actors and some spiffy special effects, so why bother if you've already seen it. It isn't that it is necessarily disappointing to people who know it, it is more like "What's the big deal?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases