The Last Gods - In Game - The Candlelight Avengers

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kori/Athear skids back, her hands fumbling for the unfamiliar bow. "Be wary, his kind is as strong as stone!" she calls, "He could crush with a flung stone or a single swipe of his weapon, I beg you, attack him from afar!"

Suiting word to action, Kori bends Athear's bow and fits an arrow to the unfamiliar string. She had watched Athear do this so many times... Bend the bow, knock the arrow just above the finger, I think, sight along the shaft, pull, hope I don't hit anyone else... fire!. Kori/Athear lets go of the taut bow string with a snap and a hum, expecting (and hoping) that the arrow will fly true and straight, but it doesn't, it drops to the ground at her feet.

Ignoring the elf's cries to attack from afar Kerin/Azrim draws his trusty warhammer and strides forward, working his way closer to the giant in an effort to engage one of his race's ancient enemies.

Moving to the fore Turin/Damien draws the slender rapier from its sheath testing its weight, "Stand fast friends, in mine own youth I do remember practicing such tactics that our friend Damien doth favor, though they are not mine own. Let us test this creature." As he speaks he moves steadily forward.

Damien/Kori draws and loads her sling, while trying to determine what she can about the giant.

Athear/Kerin draws his greatsword and attacks "Kord please protect this body, I'd like to return it in one peace"

Jharvym follows after the new Damien, moving to setup a flanking position with his Longsword.

The giant stops and plants his legs wide taking a defensive stance "I have fought many battles so do not take me for a fool" his face wears a mask of weary resignation. As he starts to twirl his morning star in a massive, deadly arc he says simply "The number that have made to the Masoleum are able to be counted on a single hand. Ar you sure you wish to chance your arms?".

The giant speaks to you all but his eyes never leave the mounted knight.

Calling out a challenge Turin/Azrim levels Rivenoak at the Giant and spurs his trusty magebred stead into a charge.

[sblock=Battle notes]Initiative begins with Wayfickle 70' away from you
Kori/Athear - draws bow, loads and fires (natural 1) (70' from Wayfickle)
Kerin/Azrim - draws warhammer and moves forward (50' from Wayfickle)
Turin/Damien - draws rapier and moves cautiously forward (20' from Wayfickle)
Damien/Kori - draws and loads sling (70' away from Wayfickle)
Athear/Kerin - draws sword and moves to attack (50' from Wayfickle)
Jharvym - draws sword and moves to attack from the opposite direction as Damien (to setup a flank) (40' from Wayfickle)
Wayfickle - sets himself for a charge
Turin/Azrim - steadies Rivenoak and spurs his horse forward (20' from Wayfickle)
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Look guy, we said before that we'd rather not fight, especially since you just let an evil undead god bent on destroying the world PASS YOU. I don't know if he claimed he was going to relinquish his power but he's not. But don't tell us we can only fight and then ask us why we picked that, you big oaf."

D20Dazza

Explorer
"The last one to best me entered a short time ago" the giant bellows "I am bound to fight again and again, even after a defeat. Destruction of the world would be a blessing. I do not enjoy this my friends"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, forgive us if we aren't too obliging on that," Damien/Kori says as she hurls a bullet and loads another. "Nothing personal friend."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What have you done to piss off the gods that much that they would do something like this?"

"Anyways, you know I bet you could knock the number of required combats done by a factor of ten or more if you replaced that idiotic ring trap with either a death ray instead of a soul switch, or even just get rid of the rings and leave no way to cross. Because right now, most of your defense plan seems to be to piss off the attackers until they leave, and I doubt this ever works."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Come on, you can do better than this! Athear spent most of his life perfecting this skill, trust in what his body can do. Calm yourself, find your center... Kori/Athear thinks, as she knocks another arrow and fires, trying to relax a bit to let Athear's natural skill take over.

Inwardly she's also both amused and horrified at Jharvym's banter. While she agreed with assessment of the situation, his delivery was... lacking in subtlety. At least.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Turin/Damien continues his planned course of action, rapier drawn he darts in to strike and then move out of range.

OOC: Dodge target is the giant, negates power attack bonus; Spring Attack +13 (1d6 dmg + 1d6 Skirmish + 2 Str + 3 Int); Moving in then moving back towards party; +8 to AC vs. AoO

ringojim

First Post
While continuing to move in for an attack Athear/Kerin shouts
Is there no way we could release you from your burden friend giant, help us to help you

Remove ads