Narrative Combat

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I used it a couple of times as my Barsoom campaign wound up. I liked it, though it takes a few run-throughs to really understand how it works.

Very useful way of handling large-scale combats, and for setting up "non-standard" combats -- one of the climactic battles on Barsoom involved sort of mental struggles against an invading race of godlike creatures and I used Narrative Combat to abstract the battle away from hit points and AoO's. It was fun and worked out well.

But I still don't feel like I've got a good handle on how it works.

Glad I bought it, though. It's a good addition to any DM's toolbox.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
librarius_arcana said:
Is it very different?
From standard d20 combat? Yes, it's a COMPLETELY different way of looking at combat. Your brain will have to do some serious gymnastics to figure it out.
Would it work better with True 20?
Dunno yet. I have in the back of my mind a plan to create a "Narrative Combat for True20" guide so that True20ers can use it, too. But the back of my mind is well-cluttered with such plans.

librarius_arcana

First Post
barsoomcore said:
From standard d20 combat? Yes, it's a COMPLETELY different way of looking at combat. Your brain will have to do some serious gymnastics to figure it out.

gymnastics hu? does my brain get to wear a blue leotard?

barsoomcore said:
Dunno yet. I have in the back of my mind a plan to create a "Narrative Combat for True20" guide so that True20ers can use it, too. But the back of my mind is well-cluttered with such plans.

Tell me about it ;)

Btw Thanks for your reply dude :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases