Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
Combat XP
Talbin, Rowan, Brother E -- 300 xp
Julianna, Boog -- 267 xp

Time XP
Adventure began 7/31/06 -- less than 1 month, no time xp yet

Talbin and anyone else with enough xp will level up before the next encounter.

Experience Award #2

Encounter Xp

Rowdy (resolved through rp): 150 xp per character ad hoc

Thought Eaters: 360 xp each

Time xp
7/31/06 to 8/31/06
Talbin 100 xp
Rowan and Brother E 150 xp
Julianna and Boog 200 xp

Total xp
Talbin 610 xp
Rowan and Brother E 660 xp
Julianna and Boog 710 xp

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan kicks the dead body. "What the heck were these things? And what were they doing when they struck? There's no blood? Oh well. We may as well call it a night. I doubt that last one will come back."

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Whoohoo! Only 14 XP short of 4th level. Now, where's that kobold? :lol: [/sblock]When the last of the creatures fails to appear, Eusebius rushes to Talbin's side. He searches for bite wounds and finds none. "Strange," he mutters. "There are no visible wounds, no blood." Noting the dazed look in the young rogue's eyes, he asks him, "Talbin? Talbin? How are you feeling? Do you know what has happened to you?"

Puzzled, the priest looks to the others, not sure of what has happened here.

[sblock=OOC]Blood of the Werewolf; post Encounter #2; Heal check relating to Talbin's wounds (Int damage) (1d20+4=12)

Not a lot of joy there. Would he perhaps realize, given his own recent experience, that it might be a similar mechanism at work - that is, that Talbin will heal over time? Or is that stretching it for a result of 12 on the check?[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
"He does not look too good. Rest would probably be good." Juliana says. "He need not take a watch. And Mistress Katrina's place is close, a few nights there will do him good."

OOC: if he's under watched care, he can heal 2 Int points tonight.

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
Rowan kicks the dead body. "What the heck were these things? And what were they doing when they struck?"
As his heartbeat slowed down to normal, suddenly it made sense to Boog. "I believe they are called Thought Eaters", he declared. "They live by consuming mental energy. They 'ate' all of my Power before we killed them, and had started to consume my mind as well. Fortunately, the damage is not permanent...if one survives it."

Boog strolled a few paces beyond the spot where the band had huddled together to fight the beasts and retrieved the crossbow bolt he had fired in vain at one of the creatures. Seeing that it wasn't damaged, he snorted his approval and returned it to its case.

"I'll be good as new once I rest", he announced to no one in particular. "But until then, I won't be much use in a fight."[sblock=Patlin]710 xp added to character sheet. Nearly halfway to 5th level.[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
"Then let us rest now. I suggest that those of us who are not injured should take double watches, and watch in pairs. That last beast is still ... wherever it is ... and it may decide to attack again, while we sleep."

"Boog, I think you and Talbin were the only ones the beasts wounded - is that right? If so, I will tend your wounds - although I am not sure what help I can give you."

[sblock=OOC]Try a heal check to allow them double rate healing.

Blood of the Werewolf; post Encounter #2; Heal check for overnight care - Boog and Talbin (1d20+4=5)

Well, that was a bust! :( [/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin remains on guard, looking around nervously for the third beast to appear.
If it stays out of sight for some time he relaxes a bit and starts to address his headache. "Pfff.. i don't know what those things are, but my head feels like a rock fell on it. Hard to think straight."

El Jefe

First Post
Boddynock said:
"Boog, I think you and Talbin were the only ones the beasts wounded - is that right? If so, I will tend your wounds - although I am not sure what help I can give you."
Boog didn't recall anyone besides Talbin and himself being "wounded", although he did allow that it might be difficult to tell in the heat of battle. "I believe it was just Talbin and myself", he answered. "But I don't need any healing...I just need to rest."

Remove ads