Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan steels himself for the inevitable diplomatic give and take. If Juliana and Boog weren't in the party, he might pause and let someone else take the lead here, but he doesn't trust those two not to blow it.

He steps inside, leaving his guisarme out with his warhorse. He has no intention of giving up his flail or silvered dagger. He checks out the serving girl on the way in. To the noble, he says "I am Rowan McTavish. These are my companions Talbin, Brother Eusebius, Juilana and the Boogster. We are hunting a lycanthrope, and hear you might be able to use our help."

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius surveys the room and the serving girl with dismay. There is a conspicuous opulence here which is at odds with the rest of the village. He recalls the strange reluctance of the guard to knock at the door, and the fearful obedience to the lord's decrees which the whole township evinced, and he looks with increasing distrust at the nobleman lounging before them.

When Rowan announces their intentions so plainly, he regrets not having counselled caution while they were on their way here. Still, the only thing to do now was to proceed carefully. He could be wrong about the lordling. And it would be necessary to discover more before acting. After all, this could be a puppet ruler, someone weak who enjoyed the trappings of a false power, while the real monster dwelt in the shadows.

Nevertheless, he stands ready to utter a prayer for Hyrag's blessing on himself and his companions, should the need arise.

Patlin

Explorer
Rowan's effort to jump in ahead of his less diplomatic colleagues has him talking before the guard actually introduces the Lord, but he gamely continues on.

"All Hail Shere Khan, conqueror of Steadwell, master of the valley, hunter of all lesser creatures, master of death itself!"

The guards are backing out as the introduction is made, and the serving girl looks terrified. She half looks as if she wants to run, but seems unwilling to dare taking the wine out of Shere Khan's reach.

"May I offer you some wine?" The self-declared master of death itself offers. "Welcome to my private little hunting preserve. It's small, but it has all the comforts of home."

He strokes the serving girl posessively, to her evident distress.

Boddynock

First Post
Boddynock said:
Still, the only thing to do now was to proceed carefully.
Or perhaps not!

Patlin said:
"May I offer you some wine?"
Eusebius speaks quickly, before Rowan can respond.

"Ah, thank you, it is thirsty work riding all day. Here, girl, bring the wine here!"

When the serving girl brings over the wine he reaches out, as if to take the goblet, then grabs her by the wrist instead, and drags her past him.

"Now run, child, and do not look back!"

"Talbin, bolt the door behind her."

"Holy Hyrag, pour out your blessings on your warriors!"

[sblock=OOC]Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Lasts 20 rounds.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Nice move getting the girl out of the way, good thinking. :) I think all the PCs and definitely the NPC were expecting a fight, so we'll handle who goes first in the traditional way... roll initiative.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: OK. I'd picked up on the tiger stripe thing, and 'Shere Khan' is a dead giveaway, but still, I figured we get a bit more conversation in before this. Rowan init: 17 Rowan will jerk out his heavy flail when things heat up.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana does not leave any weapon behind, and walks in confidently, if not a little anoyed by the noble. At his declaration, she becomes a little bit worried, and subtly manifests her Toughened Skin (4PP, +2 AC), hopefully before trouble begins.

Once things begin, she will manifest Prescience, Offensive (4PP, +3 Damage), as she draws her short sword and shield.

Juliana's Initiative. (1d20+1=18)

Remove ads