Stacking bonuses

The_Dood

First Post
Does a Shaman's spirit's favor (CHA bonus to saving throws) stack with a Blackguard's Dark Blessing (CHA bonus to saving throws)?

They are both unstated bonuses which from memory stack, but that would leave my character with very High saves from essentially the same source. Opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I'd say no, because they are both doing the same thing. It has been ruled that if you get Int bonus to AC from two different sources, they do not stack. This is very similiar.

The_Dood

First Post
Crothian, do you have a source you could point me to? because I am of two minds about this I feel uneasy about doing it but it would be nice to have huge saves for a change.

Crothian

First Post
The_Dood said:
Crothian, do you have a source you could point me to? because I am of two minds about this I feel uneasy about doing it but it would be nice to have huge saves for a change.

All I can say is a read it on the Wizards boards. It was posted by one of the official wizard guys. Sorry I can't be of much help.

hong

WotC's bitch
I wouldn't allow it. Mind you, I also wouldn't allow things like the monk's Wis bonus to AC stacking with the duelist's Int bonus to the same thing.

Remove ads