Bounty of the Endless Sands

B4cchus

Explorer
Are we in round 4 already? So far findoram made 2 turn attempts since the second wave arrived (last one in post 295). You didn't roll for turning damage either (at least not on IC).
If Findoram still sucessfully turned, the zombies don't provoke AoO as per the withdraw action.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yep--the rounds are getting shorter now--you're the only PC doing stuff. I happened to have a d6 next to me and rolled a 4. They are so easy to turn that the 4 guaranteed that no matter what I rolled on the other dice they would all be turned, so I just didn't bother. The zombie attacking Findoram provoked AoOs from Findoram (because Findoram has reach) and Vrina (because she was threatening a square two squares out). Withdraw only protects you from the very first threatened square.)

B4cchus

Explorer
Unable to pursue the undead, Findoram heads over to Rhys and converts his detect evil spell to cure light wounds which he casts on him.
ooc: cast clw for 4. The dice gods have little pity over us.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vrina is also unable to pursue, so she lights a lantern and hands it to Irene.*

*The undead continue to flee...for now.*

(OOC: Rhys is now at -4 and stable)

B4cchus

Explorer
"They will probably return! we must take a defensive position. Rhys will remain out of action untill i have more time to tend to his wounds. Let's stay together and watch out for them to return. Irene, do you have any damaging spells ready? I'm all out of spells."
-edit
Findoram takes a defensive stance besides Rhys, keeping an eye out for any undead (or other foes).

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Well, with this light I'll be able to see what we're dealing with." Irene says as she takes the lantarn from Vrina. "I'll should be able to do do some damage to those undead when they get back in the light of the lantarn".
With that, Irene stands ready, focussing for the undeads to return.

[OoC: readying Acid Arrow on the first undead Irene sees coming back.]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, if nobody is going to cast more buffs, then we'll skip to when the final two return. Findoram's Enlarge wears off, but he and Vrina still have readied attacks, and Irene has Acid Arrow. Findoram, going to use any orisons for some quick healing for yourself or Vrina to increase chances of surviving a hit?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That answers that then! :))

*The trio awaits the return of the undead, the lantern shining brightly in the cool night air.*

*Eventually, they hear the shambling in the distance, but it is only once the ashen corpses approach within sixty feet that Irene can fire off an acid arrow, sizzling into desiccated flesh. The creatures charge in at Vrina and Findoram, but not before the two can get off attacks, both successful, but not enough to defeat their foe. While Findoram barely avoids another hit thanks to his armour, Vrina takes a heavy blow to her nose that breaks it, bleeding and smashed as it drives slightly inward, knocking her out and causing heavy internal bleeding that will likely kill her soon without proper attention.*

*As Irene prepares to cast another spell, the continually burning acid eats the dried flesh from the inside, leaving only one opponent alive to menace the two brave adventurers.*

(OOC: A5 takes 6, then 9, then 4--total 19, then 7 and it dies from residual damage from the Acid Arrow

Irene, then Findoram)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Seeing her first Acid Arrow being succesful, Irene releases another one at the final target, praying that it will be enough to take it down.

[SBLOCK=Spells remaining]
Spells Prepared:
0 (4+1): Read Magic, Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound
1 (4+1): Mage Armor, Sleep, Charm Person, Color Spray, Color Spray
2 (3+1): Acid Arrow, Acid Arrow*, Mirror Image, Invisibility
Spell DC: 10 + 3 (int) + Spell Level, +1 on Illusion spells (Spell Focus)

* casting this round.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads