A Vision

Khaira

First Post
Adept Falin of Juxtaposition wanders up to the Corkboard, brushing silver hair from his eyes. In his hands he holds a piece of parchment, which he pins to the boards. With a wary eye to the parchment, Falin sighs.

"I pray that some may understand, as I do not yet..."

The scales are changing, blowing mightily with the gale that is the winds of change. The Guardians of Balance shall return, as prodical brothers and sister of old. They shall guard over the Balance, and fight for its neutral stance.

Which of us Guardians of the Balance shall be claimed for the necessity of retaining the integrity of the Balance remains yet to be seen. The Balance and the Fate of the Balance yet rests in the hands of the many, and not solely in the Guardians. Beware the encroaching darkness, and beware the One. The fates of all shall soon be in the hands of the many. 'Ware that none are led astray...

The note is signed with the symbol of the Moonbeam Adepts of Juxtaposition

Alek

First Post
Alek wanders up to the board and scans this particular message. After a moment of reading he laughs, scratches his heada little bit, then throws his arms wide. "WHAT will we do?!" he shouts then kinda balks, an amused grimace crossing his features as he glances sidelong at the patrons giving him an odd look, coughs, and lowers his arms. "ahem.." he raises up his left hand and begins tracing letters below the original parchment, the delicate claw tip leaving a trail of dark writing in its path.

Hey I remember the Guardians! They were good fun. Unfortunately they were also absolutely worthless unless they had a unified target to project their righteous hate at. Also, I cant remember a time when someone wasnt telling the population of this cesspit to "beware the (insert single vowel, ominous sounding word, here)". So, good luck getting them to really care, you are going to need every last bit of it.

Signed, Ex-Guardian A.S.

He eyes his letter for a second, goes "hmm" then reaches down and writes a small post script below it.

P.S. I truly hope this is a real threat, this orb has been stagnant for far too long, we need a good genocide or three to spice things up around here.

Smiles, then walks off only a short distance, cringes at the tavern, then quickly motions with a hand, speaking in the arcane, and disapears.

Last edited:

Adept Mortisha

First Post
The Guardians of whom Falin speaks are the Moonbeam Adepts of Juxtaposition - the Adepts - not the "Guardians". We have no affiliation with that group. As to the warning he has given, I suggest you take it more seriously. Just because we are frequently warned about danger does not mean all those warnings are pointless. Thousands of years of history have taught us to try to give warnings when we know some danger is coming - then we can face it prepared.

You will, however, do as you wish. I have said my piece, I will not say more.

~Adept Mortisha dur Jammou
Below the signature is symbol of the Moonbeam Adepts of Juxtaposition (a merchant's scales).

Silver_Shulad

First Post
Walking over, glances at the boards taking a quirk of a brow as he studies them, then rests a parchment to the boards just under the others, walks away.

I would like to know what this danger is, especialy to this establishment, if it is of a danger to the realm, I would wonder how the adepts that have no actual hold or touch of this realm that is so kindly willing to deny any outsiders bequeathed with with other realm magics not of this specific realm.

I question this because, is not a dange that comes to pass a greater evil, like the balor I spoke to less then a day ago over an ale as it spoke of rending this plane lifeless, what truely is a danger for this place?

Adept Mortisha

First Post
If I understand you correctly, sir, you ask asking what could be more dangerous a threat than a Balor. Many things, though I do not know if this threat is more or less than that of such a beast. We have very little information at present and are trying to obtain more.

My personal feeling - and I must stress that this is my personal feeling, the College has yet to make such a judgement - is that this is a danger to the realm, and indeed possibly to other realms also. If my gut is correct... this may be the most dangerous foe the Adepts have come across.

As to our magic functioning in this realm, I cannot speak for other Adepts but my magic originates from this plane. I am a born and bred Oerthian. My magic is that of the Gods of this world.

I hope that this answers your questions satisfactorially.

~Adept Mortisha

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases