In Hesitation...

Acacia Velvendra

First Post
A willowy form of a small wispy girl approaches the board with a slightly resigned demeanor. Her shoulders are hunched forward just slightly, and her movements are preceded by small tremors. A sigh pulls from beyond her lips on an almost shuddering quality as she pauses in front of the board. She lifts her gaze very slowly and suddenly a stream of tears is visible, spilling from her lavender eyes and pooling at the base of her throat. She seems not to even bother with wiping them away, even as her chin quivers with the same pain visible in her eyes. She lifts tremulous fingertips to tack up a small sliver of parchment with nothing more than a needle. Then she proceeds to remove first one ring, then the other, sliding them onto the needle. With one last longing-filled look, she turns away and brushes out of the tavern.

My dearest ones,

Circumstances draw me away, perhaps for far longer than I hope to admit, but I am not naive any longer. The harsh realities become apparent even now. I have been given a choice, and I have decided to walk away from everything I've ever known and loved. I do so knowing that perhaps you all shall hate me for my desertion. Perhaps that is what I desire from all of you. Leaving is made easier when the ones you love begin to feel nothing but a seething hatred. Josie, Serith, Ruthia, Ramoth, Imreis...I love you all, but this is for the best. So it is with a heavy heart I leave this note for all of you, with a heavy heart I turn away. It is with a heavy heart I tell you, Serith, to forget me. You will never know the despair which greets me when I write this, but...there is nothing else, not any longer. So...forgive me. No, that is not the phrase I need. What I need is for you all to forget me. Please...

With hesitation and regret,

Sigil

Ruthia

First Post
*Walking into the tavern after work on this day, Serith smiles and sniffs the flowers he is carrying, thinking to himself that Sigil will love this gift he picked for her on the way home today. Something shiny catches his happy blue eyes and he looks toward the cork board. He tilts his head and is drawn to this note. His hand reaches out shakily, picking up the silver ring that is shaped like a dragon with saphire eyes. He looks at the ring, then in complete disbelieve he reads the note over and over again a few times. Then the flowers fall out of his nerveless hand as his other one clenches around the ring. His once happy blue eyes suddenly get a grey over tone to them as a deep saddness fills them. His whispers in a tear chocked voice*

"siggy? sigil? but.....but why? wh....what did i do wrong?"

*He bites his lower lip as tears now fill his eyes. They threaten to overflow as he reaches out and touches the writing, as if wanting to touch her one last time. Then with an odd noise he turns and rushes out of the tavern, the only thing noting his presence is the now missing ring....and the dropped wild flowers on the flower below the note.*

Ruthia

First Post
*A few days after this note it posted a woman with white curly hair moves to the cork board. She looks this note over, then pulls out a pencil and paper to copy it down. After checking to make sure she copied correctly she nods and takes the other ring, caressing it a bit, then putting it on the paper, folding it neatly. She nods and pockets the little bundle and touches the original note for a moment*

"immy and i aren't ever going to forget you sigil, no matter how long your gone. And i know my brother won't either........i just hope he can live through this pain."

*with a shake of her head she sighs and moves back out of sight*

Remove ads