The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Rinaldo gets the impression that most 8 or 9 year old girls wouldn't have much to talk about with a five-year-old, and Laynie, who can hold a conversation with Ashnar or Tenebrynn without a problem, even moreso)

[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]*Rinaldo makes his purchases easily enough. Afterwards, he starts to check his contacts, and after a frustrating false start, he tries again for a few more hours and has some success, finding a fellow trader and an older supplier who have some information:*

*Briarton is a very small village located roughly south-south-east of here. It makes most of its income from farming and the mills on its two tiny rivers. Unfortunately, it was halfway razed to the ground about a year or two ago, but Mayor Lucas Birch and his secretary Lena were able to raise funds for reconstruction. Also, many of the women at that time were captured by orcs, and when they were returned by several dwarves, it caused some unrest as a few townsfolk had figured them dead and married the widows of men who had been killed by the orcs.*

*About the tower--Rinaldo finds nothing for the longest time, but then finally an eldeely supplier who still has a sharp eye for profits mentions that he remembers a tower sort of near Briarton--a big tower where he supplied arcane and eldritch components to some wizards that worked there. But one day when his people came with the shipment, they told him it had disappeared--he almost lost a lot of money on that shipment, that's why he remembers it, and he had to sell everything wholesale to local wizards.*

(OOC: Don't you love a 1 followed by a 20?)[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tenebrynn]*About the tower, Tenebrynn finds not a single mention in even one of the books. He is forced to conclude either that the Orussus library is terrible (and he has enough pride in the place where he trained that he won't conclude that!) or that this tower thing has to be new enough that it hasn't made it into a book yet, as it is close enough to Orussus that it would be a blundering oversight not to have anything on it if it's been here for hundreds of years or something. Maybe he could write a book about it himself after he's done and donate it to the Orussus library and his own library in Momnemvassia?*[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo will do one extra stop. He will go and meet Rilithorn at his tower. If he is there, he will asks him if he heard about the tower and what could make such a tower dissapear. If you want to know more about Rilithorn, look in Orussus thread. He also appeared in Burning tower (he made dissapear himself) and Wizard and Cook (Mastered by myself). Rinaldo will pay if he asks some money for those informations.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Velmont]There was very little in the Orussus thread, and I don't have time to read those adventures, but if it is fair to say, as it seems so, that he has been holing himself up in his tower for a fairly long time, then I'll just say he doesn't know anything about this tower, but he thinks a tower could be made Invisible or Ethereal, or simple Teleported away wholesale maybe. He charges 90 gold for an audience (Seems about right--that is also the price he would ask for casting one of his weakest spells according to the SRD NPC cost listings).[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]90gp, Fine with me. You could have flesh him out a bit more if you wanted. he is open NPC and is at least 9thlevel wizard... Learn me nothing we couldn't have guess, but worth the try I think.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo returns to his shop and await his friends, and takes good time with his children.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I don't know if Laynie will like to spend time with Salvador, but Salvador will love Laynie for sure.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Velmont]I'm afraid to contradict something in the adventure. I almost just had him refuse visitors, but it said in his entry that he sells services, so I didn't. There actually *is* more information possible to gain that I made up in case someone somehow got a Gather Information check above 30, but it looks like that's impossible anyways :D[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Rinaldo returns to his shop and await his friends, and takes good time with his children.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I don't know if Laynie will like to spend time with Salvador, but Salvador will love Laynie for sure.[/SBLOCK]
(OOC: She probably would have fun talking to him for just one night before they leave in the 'older wiser mentor' kind of way, but in the back of her mind, she'll be constantly afraid that Vanitri might decide to leave her there instead of letting her come to Briarton. Also, she has been known to lose audiences of wizard school students when she waxes arcane, so the five-year-old might be in trouble :D)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]If Rinaldo rolled a 20, and there is three person making an aid another roll sucessfully, we could reach 35. In other words, if we spend a week here and we all take 20.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Velmont]Yep--except you can't take 10 or 20 on Aid Another, so we'd have to take 20 with Rinaldo and then cross our fingers that the aiding people all roll up above 10 :D[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases