The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
Salvador smiles at Tenebrynn. "Can you do a trick for me?" "He is not an entertainer, you know that Salvador?" tells Rinaldo, on a serious tone. He turns his attention to Tenebrynn "Yeah daddy..." replies the kids, sad. "I've not waste my time... oh, hi Ashnar." Rinaldo tells, as he sees Ashnar climbing the stairs. The wizard starts to smell the sweet scent of some cookie that are baking. "Briarton is just an hamlet, situated south-south-east of here. Farms and mills, it is almost only that we will find there, well, what still stands, as it has been razed not even two years ago, by some orcs. A group of dwarves came to help and saved the captured women and get rid of the orcs. Mayor Birch and his secretary, a woman named Lena have raised some fund to rebuild it, so they must have already start the reconstruction. But with many widows, the things havn't settle yet, as many men have married teh widow, and it has caused some trouble. I just hope they won't think we arrive for there women, as we might find a wall there.

But outside all that, there have been another trouble. Another merchant, a competitor of mine, was trading with a wizard who had build a tower near there. One day he camed, and the tower dissapeared. The guy had to resell his shipment for that wizard at losing cost on the Orussus market. He lost a lot of money. For what have caused the tower to dissapear... well, it can be as simple as invisibilty to the more powerfull etheralness or plane shifting... that what I've found, so we are heading to the tower of an arcanist, but what kind, I don't know."

Just as he finish, Valeria appear in the doorway of the kitchen. "Salvador, take your sister, I've just finish the cookies." "Yeah!" Salvador garb his sister, and almost drag her to the kitchen, the poor girl having difficulty to follow his brother giant step. "Calm down, Salvador!"

"What that's tower?" asks Valeria. "A trip, to try to find something for the shop." "Another three months away?" "No, only a week or two." "Another stroy, where people die?" "Valeria..."

"How am I suppose to react. I hear your stories of your friend figthing goblins, gnolls, wyverns, dragons and you would want me to understand? What do you think I am living? I fear to see Tenebrynn or Ashnar coming to the shop and gives me bad news. I fear to lose you."

Rinaldo stands up and walk to Valeria and takes her in his arms. They stays silent a moment. "Valeria, I love you, and death will only delay my return. Anyway, I have good friends at my side, and I am always cautious, I am always thinking about you adnd teh kids when I am away. You wouldn't forgive me if I wouldn't come back, and it is something I don't want to happen. And people needs help, these villagers are scared by that tower, the towre of a wizard, and I will go see that tower with two wizards, there is nothing to fear." Valeria raise her head, looking straight in the eyes of Rinaldo. He eyes are red. Rinaldo smiles is shy. Valeria turns around and enter the kitchen. "What is it Salvador, the cookies aren't good?" "Yes... they are." The voice of the kid have an hesitation, obviously he has overheard the conversation.

Rinaldo walks between Ashnar and Tenebrynn and start to climb down the stairs. "We will continue to talk in the backstore."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Vanitri]Vanitri is not able to gather anything beyond what Rinaldo and the others found.[/SBLOCK]

*Laynie agrees to come to Rinaldo's house, especially since that seems to be where everyone is meeting anyway. Eventually, with their new equipment purchased, everyone is gathered to talk in Rinaldo's backstore if they so choose.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn smiles at Salvador's enthusiasm, seeing a bright apprentice in him at some point in the future. He retires with Rinaldo and Ashnar to the back room not wanting to get in the middle of something.

Velmont

First Post
As the three arrive in the backstore, they can hear someone entering the shop. Hogarth enter the backroom.

[SBLOCK=Terran]"I have the scrolls"[/SBLOCK] tells the cleric, showing a scroll case.

"Perfect. I have what I wanted I am ready to go. We will just need to wait for Vanitri. Have you found anything on your side?" asks Rinaldo.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I didn't find anything, even the library did not have the information that you dug up through your contacts." replies Tenebrynn.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri and Laynie end up in Backroom (sorry, didn't realize you were waiting for me to say i was there.).

"I'm all set."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo resumes what he has found to Vanitri. "And on your side, have you found anything, Vanitri? If everyone is ready, I think we can go."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases