Tempest?

Taloras

First Post
Hi. I recently loaned my Complete Adventurer out. Unfortunately, I now cant remember what the requirements for the Tempest Prc were. Im trying to build a lvl 15 with a Rogue/Fighter base. Two weapon fighting, dual daggers. I also had it in pdf format, but the comp got fried, so i no longer even have that....can anyone help me? My thought was 11rog/2ftr/2tempest, but im not sure.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Ask, and ye shall receive....

To qualify to become a tempest, a character must fulfil the following criteria.

Base Attack: +6
Feats: Dodge, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting

You may want to use Kukri instead, since you have fighter levels (and hence the martial weapon proficiency to use them), and are similar in flavour to daggers (though slashing only). Unless you want daggers so you can throw them, of course.

Taloras

First Post
Works for me so long as the DM doesnt have a problem. :)

You wouldnt be able to post the 1st 3 levels of it, would you? grr....i need my book back >_<

Last edited:

Darklone

Just out of curiosity, Why not Ftr/Rog/Invisible Blade/Tempest?

Or perhaps Tempest and Dervish? You need many feats to qualify, but a fighter rogue has those.

Taloras

First Post
As the only rogue in the party, i kind of need to keep my skills up. I think i settled on a ftr2/rog9/tmp4. Wanted that extra d6 of sneak attack from rog9. Once i hit temp5, ill probably take a bit of invisible blade or dervish, im not sure. as my complete books arent available at the moment, i cant be sure what im wanting....grr.

Darklone

Sorry, is this an already existing char or a char you're building at level 15 ATM? If that's the case, post your stats, we take a higher Int and you might be able to pick most of those classes.

Ah, and post which skills you want to have maxxed.

Darklone

Can't we include Dervish there somehow? Ftr2/Rog4/Thief-acrobat3(don't think the other abilities are that useful)/Tempest...

Need more feats.

Daermon

First Post
Darklone said:
Can't we include Dervish there somehow? Ftr2/Rog4/Thief-acrobat3(don't think the other abilities are that useful)/Tempest...

Need more feats.
The biggest draw for Thief-Acrobat 5 is the second use of Defensive Roll and Improved Evasion. At the very least, I would take it to 4 for Skill Mastery and +2/+3 to AC. Combined with a Tempest, you're looking at a +5/+6 to your AC. If you don't go the Dervish route, you could then have Two-Weapon Defense for +1/+2 and (using racial substitution levels) you could take the second level of Half-Elf Fighter for another +1 (fighting defensively only) and you have a +6/+9 to your AC. The problem with this build is you are basically a one-trick pony and there's no room left in your feat selection for other potentially useful things.

If you did grab all three (Thief-Acrobat, Dervish and Tempest) for max levels, you're looking at a +9/+12 to your AC, but that build would be problematic at best without being a gestalt.

A straight Rogue/Thief-Acrobat is probably a stronger build, if only because all of your feat slots are left open for you, since T-A only requires skills.

A Human with 2 levels of Fighter would be able to have all of the feats for Tempest and Dervish at Level 12. Your biggest problem would be having the skill ranks for Thief-Acrobat.

Last edited:

Remove ads