Tails, wings, and stuff.

Dribble.

First Post
Okay. According to the rules, tails, wings, horns, and things like that are in general not allowed in the tavern. But as I understood it, this was for demons or beings that have these in their natural form. However, I got this character who has been cursed, and has grown a cat tail, but because of the curse... I take that he must, hide the tail in his pants or something?

And something else: Would the tail be allowed in the Garden, or the Clearing?

Agarlin

First Post
As far as I gather, the folks of Greyhawk and the lands around are highly xenophobic, given the rather narsty wars that have been tearing through the place. The ruling on oddities in the tavern is set up to reflect this. Very few of the local potato farmers are going to watch the man with the cat tail walking by and say, "Well come now, Percival. There are many explanations within the realms for such phenomena. On with the potatoes!" It'd probably be something closer to "OMG DEMONZ!!!11" I guess the brass tacks of it is that the local population isn't likely to give you the chance to explain yourself before they attempt to ventilate you with a pitchfork. So your character, being still alive, might have figured this out by now and is keeping his tail underneath a cloak or stuffed down his pants or...something, only giving people a peak who he thinks might be able to help him.

OR, I suppose, depending on Magi Ruling you could have it out in the open once, until A) somebody tries to off your character for the weird trait, or B) somebody tells you it's rather silly to be walking around in the open like that and you act accordingly. Leastways, that's my take on things.

Magi_Siani

First Post
Interesting result of being a target. In fact, you'd need to hide it. That restriction isn't just for demons, it's general. Tail has to be hidden if you have one.

>>2) Demons, Devils, and Outsiders in general must be disguised. Disguised is defined such that anyone looking at such a character would see just another human, humanoid, or demihuman. Horns, hooves, tails, wings, all must be hidden from view. Sharpened teeth seen in a smile, perhaps a shifting of the disguise when angry or something, these are fine.<<

>>5) Dragons and similar creatures must take humanoid form while inside the Tavern. It is fine if emotion makes them shift a bit now and then. But they run the risk of being expelled if they try to remain in draconic form.<<

>>6) Were's take human form in the tavern though they may partial shift in fits of anger and similar circumstance. Remaining in shifter form is likely to get one tossed in the river.<<

>>7) Animals are not to be played in the tavern. Animals that cannot take humanoid form are not allowed in the tavern. Note that the term ‘humanoid’ does not imply that ‘furries’ are acceptable within the setting.<<

Note that momentary shifts due to emotion are just that; the sort of thing that happens so fast a second glance makes the person doubt what they saw.

Taken as a whole, the trend is rather clear. If needs be I'll specify 'and similar types' to rule 2 but I don't really see the need. The intent should be clear enough I think.

>>>As far as I gather, the folks of Greyhawk and the lands around are highly xenophobic, given the rather narsty wars that have been tearing through the place. The ruling on oddities in the tavern is set up to reflect this.<<<

and

>>>I guess the brass tacks of it is that the local population isn't likely to give you the chance to explain yourself before they attempt to ventilate you with a pitchfork. So your character, being still alive, might have figured this out by now and is keeping his tail underneath a cloak or stuffed down his pants or...something, only giving people a peak who he thinks might be able to help him.<<<

are correct. Note that you can PM people as a whisper or murmur to tell them your condition, or specify you are showing whatever oddity you have to them, but it shouldn't be done openly in the room text. Keep it decent gang, keep it reasonably decent please; after all, we read this stuff ya know.

Hope that helps.

Siani

Magi_Siani

First Post
Garden has the same rules as the Tavern. The Clearing, being a combat room, is the only place you don't have to wear your disguise if you do not wish to.

Really big cloaks are useful. Indeed.

Siani

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases