A New Land under you, A New Sky above you

Land Outcast

Explorer
After recovering conciousness you realize you're in a cage made of some strange material similar to coral -appearing to have been grown rather than built-. Around the cage are prone humanoid bodies -probably corpses- clad in what appear to be leather overalls with a strange iron helmet. The helmet has a grate before the face, which is hidden by darkness.

As you take your time to look around, you see the cage is resting on a narrow mountain path, just ten feet away you can guess a free fall down a cliff. All you're able to see behind the bars are bare gray-black cyclopean mountains with veins of reddish rock.

But the most breathtaking of it all is the red/purple sky constantly stirring above you, red over purple and purple over red...

--------------------------

Tell me stuff I don't know about this.

or, as Goblyn put it:

I'm simply looking to tap into ENWorld's creative energies for the past/present/future/unseen details of this scene.

Last edited:

Goblyn

Explorer
Well, I believe that the scenario changes drastically depending on whether you actually mean conscience or conciousness.

Goblyn

Explorer
Land Outcast said:
That was an excellent point Mr. Goblyn, thanks ;)

Fixed

Actually, I could see your getting many varied and interesting responses by leaving it open.

"After recovering conscience ... ..." as if the 'You' character caused this scene due to some indescretion or psychosis. Something along the lines of "Your visions returns as you stare at the bloody knife in your hand and blood gushes from the fresh wound in the chest of the woman in front of you. Your eyes meet for a second before she collapses to the floor."

Or not.

Also: What do you mean by "Tell me stuff I don't know about this."? Is this a passage from a book you are trying to identify or are you simply looking to tap into ENWorld's creative energies for the past/present/future/unseen details of this scene?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
you have been captured by tusked, fourarmed, ninefoot tall savage green men.
you will eventually escape and hook up with the volumptuous princess of ....

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Land Outcast said:
After recovering conciousness you realize you're in a cage made of some strange material similar to coral -appearing to have been grown rather than built-. Around the cage are prone humanoid bodies -probably corpses- clad in what appear to be leather overalls with a strange iron helmet. The helmet has a grate before the face, which is hidden by darkness.

As you take your time to look around, you see the cage is resting on a narrow mountain path, just ten feet away you can guess a free fall down a cliff. All you're able to see behind the bars are bare gray-black cyclopean mountains with veins of reddish rock.

But the most breathtaking of it all is the red/purple sky constantly stirring above you, red over purple and purple over red...

I had a hangover like that once. I'm a tetotaller for a reason, you know ;)

Notice that when you have a hangover, everything's different, yet the same? People are louder, for example. So loud it hurts.

Seriously, abuse the hell out of the line "the more things change...". Everything in this new world is similar, but different. Drow are goodly characters who constantly try to save humans from their evil elfkin (think Terry Pratchett's elves!!). Dwarves scoff at tradition, and orcs are noble creaturee.

Necromancy is a revered art, as it keeps loved ones around and allows those who have died with unfulfilled duties to finish their business, so they can enter the halls of their ancestors with honour.

There's a whole nation/race/order who considers healing magic blasphemy, as it robs you of your right to feel pain. Instead, they have magic that increases your natural healing - but you still feel all the pain you would otherwise.

Most nations are still somewhat sexist - men are striving for emancipation, in most things, women still have the advantage.

There's a nation where anarchy really works.

The whole world is a disk, carried on the back of 4 elephants who stand on a giant space turtle ;)

Divine Spell Failure in armour.

Stuff like that. Feel free to incorporate any or all of my suggestions.

Remove ads