Shark World Inc

drowdude

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
You probably oughtta have a catastrophe that happened in the past along the lines of an Atlantis or something. Maybe that's how you can fit "surface" dwellers into water world: they live in huge underwater "pockets" of air. D'you ever see the Disney Atlantis movie?

I agree.

But we should use it sparingly... have only 2 or 3 cities like atlantis that survived. And have those spread so far apart that maintaining contact/trade between them is extremely difficult.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Crothian said:

Sorry. You can have the half celestrial paragon Levithon. You get two templates, I only got one. :D

As the sahuagin are rather bloodthirsty, why not use the bloodstained template from the WoTC website as well?

Cheers
NPP

PS: Any thoughts why sahuagin are still LE rather than CE, particularly as they now have that rage-like blood frenzy ability?

drowdude

First Post
Aeolius said:
Crothian, you'd probably appreciate my kraken-kin, two kraken crossbreeds. The first is the krakidan, a human-kraken mix. The second is the sykraken, an aboleth-kraken crossbreed.

HEY! I missed this post last night some how!

Kewl ideas!

Crothian

First Post
Derulbaskul said:

As the sahuagin are rather bloodthirsty, why not use the bloodstained template from the WoTC website as well?

Cheers
NPP

PS: Any thoughts why sahuagin are still LE rather than CE, particularly as they now have that rage-like blood frenzy ability?

Got a direct link, that sounds pretty cool. I'll be hunting for it soon.

I don't know the answer to the alignment question. I'm planning on going out and getting The Slayers Guide to these guys becasue I really like that series and from what I've seen it has some good info in it. Maybe the anser to this question.

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
In addition to the above groups we can Marid coming from the Elemetnal Plane of Water. In MotP it says they are rules by a padishah, is that just a title or something else?

For the Megladon, sice we don't have stats on that, I was thinking about taking the Legendary Shark for MotW and making it a paragon while advancing its size collassal. That will give us four powerful creatures all collossal in size (Kraken, Primal water elemental, Leviathon, Megladon). Those will be the leaders of the four major groups.

Thoughts?

The Marid idea is excellent. They could have a massive city established and function as free traders amongst all the races. Like their city would be the one place you could go and have all the races intermingling. Big@$$ marid guards would be there to deter conflicts between the factions and such....

Would be kewl.

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

I agree.

But we should use it sparingly... have only 2 or 3 cities like atlantis that survived. And have those spread so far apart that maintaining contact/trade between them is extremely difficult.

What I was thinking was that the event (whatever it was) weakened thweir civilization and then the Evil Water groups where able to get a foothold into their territory so the battle has been going slowly bad for them. They would be cut of from one another, and some of the original underwater cities would be destroyed or conquored.

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
What I was thinking was that the event (whatever it was) weakened thweir civilization and then the Evil Water groups where able to get a foothold into their territory so the battle has been going slowly bad for them. They would be cut of from one another, and some of the original underwater cities would be destroyed or conquored.

Sounds good.

Heh... maybe a meteor a trio of meteors crashed, tearing up the continents... and each carried with them some sort of supernatural effect that was then imposed in the surroundings...

Like, maybe the entire world was tropical before the crash, and one of the meteors generates a field of cold so powerful that it changed the climate of a massive region.
It could have happened so long ago that we could still use whatever races/creatures we wanted to, since they would have had to time to adapt/evolve to the new conditions...

Another could carry a sort of sentient ooze that is slowly spreading out and threatens to exterminate *all* life and is thus the only common threat amongst the races.
(*cough* sorry for blatently ripping off Pirates of Dark Water *cough* it was a good show ;) )

Have the third... well I dunno, head just went blank :p

Remove ads