Shark World Inc

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

Sounds good.

Heh... maybe a meteor a trio of meteors crashed, tearing up the continents... and each carried with them some sort of supernatural effect that was then imposed in the surroundings...

That would be cool. Then we could have three distinc areas of Shark World. Each influenced by the Meteor that struck there.

Like, maybe the entire world was tropical before the crash, and one of the meteors generates a field of cold so powerful that it changed the climate of a massive region.
It could have happened so long ago that we could still use whatever races/creatures we wanted to, since they would have had to time to adapt/evolve to the new conditions...

In the second edition inner planes book it had an idea of unmelting ice. Ice that could never be melted, no matter what type of heat it was placed on. What if the very center of this meteor (comet actually going with the frozen theme) was of this material? Then we can have a large section of frozen water with the remains of the comet at the very center. Only one race of land dwelling Dwarves and one race of land dwelling elves lived through it (or they had to inter breed so much to survive they all become one race).

Another could carry a sort of sentient ooze that is slowly spreading out and threatens to exterminate *all* life and is thus the only common threat amongst the races.
(*cough* sorry for blatently ripping off Pirates of Dark Water *cough* it was a good show ;) )

At first I though you were refrencing my Epic Oozemaster :D

I think the world is going to have enough problems without the a collassal+ blob. But we can have sentient oozes or normal size and an Oozemaster leader.

Have the third... well I dunno, head just went blank :p

The third can be a magical charged rock that hit in a big expanse of ocean. It mutates the creatures around it creating all sorts of great sea monstosities. That way you have a constant supply of wierd, water creatures for PCs to battle.

Crothian

First Post
I think the number of races availible should be rather limited. Many of the traditional land races (gnome, orc, goblin, halfling, kobold, etc) have died out. THe fight for land was very fierce after the metoers hit, so only certain certain races are still around.

drowdude

First Post
Now ya see, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Crothian, you of *all* people should see the need for sentient oozes, algaes, and such :p

I think it would be a good idea to have a major hazardous element not tied to the conflict between the races.

Just think of the epic under-sea battle raging on, when suddenly the waters start to thicken, and skirmishers at the edge of the battle begin to dissolve before the other warrior's very eyes....

or

A hectic ship to ship battle gets interrupted as the black waters are spotted on the horizon....

I dunno, I just think it's kewl :p

Crothian

First Post
That would be cool, I just don't want it world threatening. Its going to be a problem, but not the equal of any of the large groups we have. Are there any water based oozes? It can be like the red algea described in MotP, the Plane of water section. WE can have a few different types, all from that one metoer.

Remove ads