Heart of Artifice: Part I--Engineered Enigma

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCk=OOC]Standrad backpack filled with trapmakers and armorsmith tools... nope, I'll have to find extra containers.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont said:
Kharas turns to Aethelus and looks at him with an interrogative looks, obviously not understanding where the discussion is now. He comes nect to the Cannith and whispers to him. "Who is Lucy?"

"The little girl we are looking for." he whispers back.

To the task at hand and Anvuss' plan he adds, "I think it important to figure out what that symbol means too. I might know a few people who could help with that. I agree that we will need to speak with your ex-husband, ma'am, even if just to rule him out of our investigation." Aethelus offers to carry some of the larger pieces in his hands, but his backpack is a little full at the moment.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well...okay...if you want to. Thank you for your help...all of you..."

(OOC: If everyone is ready, you can go look for Digory Henley. If they're taking all the parts, I need to know if they can manage it--Aethelus's hands are not a good option, as there are mostly fragments and little pieces)

Velmont

First Post
"I can go fetch a few bags if we want to carry all teh pieces, or we could take only the important pieces." suggests Kharas, after finishing to fill his own backpack.

Patlin

Explorer
Thanking Helen for the extra bags, Anvuss helps Kharas pack up.

"The letter of introduction may or may not be helpfull, Ma'am, but I would hate to lose time coming back for it if Mr. Digory won't see us on our mere word. A simple statement that you have asked us to look in to this matter, as Lucy is missing and possibly in danger should be sufficient."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I assume by that statement that they accept the bags, so...)

*Though the flour sack is simply ordinary, Helen's satchel proves a bit...unusual. Only one sixth of the space seems to be easily accessible, and it holds a spell component pouch and other reagent-related sundries.*

"Oh, sorry--I need to clean that up!" Helen takes out the items, then pushes one of six buttons on the side of the satchel which rotates compartments and continues doing so until all her things are removed, "There you go."

(OOC: It isn't a Handy Haversack because it only holds as much as usual, but by using the compartments and buttons efficiently, one can reach in and pull things out without provoking an AoO)

"Well...the letter...I guess so..." Helen takes some parchment and a pen, both of which she has just withdrawn from her satchel anyway, and scribbles a quick note:

'These people are looking for Lucy, who is missing. They want to ask some questions--please help them if you have time--I know you don't care about me, but I also know you love Lucy. Please help.

~Helen'

Patlin

Explorer
"We will contact you if we have additional information to provide, more questions to ask, or if something comes up with the investigation in which we believe you can help. Is this the best place to locate you?"

If she agrees it is, the group heads out to the adress provided for Lucy's father.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I took a few liberties when the next step was obvious and seemed like I would just be wasting your time to wait for someone to do it)

"I'm usually out working, but it is hard to find me then...this is the best place to go," Helen agrees.

*Following the directions, the group heads toward the University District and eventually reaches an area of a few fairly-nice homes near Morgrave University reserved for faculty. They find what should be the home belonging to Digory Henley and knock. Eventually, a lower slit opens and an eye peaks out--a voice says:*

"The Professor is working right now. Do you have an appointment?"

*When presented with the letter, the voice requests that it be dropped through the slit.*

"Hmm? Ms. Lucy? The Professor will want to see you right away, then."

*The door opens cautiously to reveal a little homunculus--no wonder the slit was so low. The homunculus leads the group through several rooms strewn with books, papers, alchemical and construct-based experiments, and other arcane odds and ends, eventually reaching a nice clean sitting room.*

"I'll get the Professor and Lady Elizabeth straight away!" the homunculus promises.

*Sure enough, in very little time at all, the three artificers hear the soft footsteps of someone heading down the stairs and around the corner, and--*

*The woman who appears around the corner is...startling, in a sense. Her form is overwhelmingly feminine, almost impossibly endowed as such. Her appearance is the sort that usually appears only in the canvass of an artist who is willing to exaggerate slightly to produce the perfect beauty. Big, expressive blue eyes. Long blonde hair that seems to lack even a single split end. Curves to make a woman jealous or a man's eyes wander.*

*Those expressive blue eyes, though, are full of concern.*

"Is it true?" she asks, her voice full of worry, though it is a pleasing, soothing voice, even full of worry, "Did something happen to Lucy?!"

"Oh, I'm sorry--hello sirs, my name is Elizabeth,"
she turns and gives each of them, including Anvuss, an equally gracious greeting smile, "Thank you all so much for being so kind as to help Lucy!"

"If you've been talking to Helen, you've probably already heard about me," she sighs, "I won't deny it--anything she told you about me is true, and I deserve all of it."

"But enough of that--it's about time for lunch, don't you think? Shall I cook you all up something? Can I get you anything to drink?"
her question does not seem to exclude Anvuss, as most people generally do with Warforged when they ask about food and drink.

Remove ads