D&D Classic Adventure?

I remember seeing an adventure that involved the exploration of an iconic villain's lair but I can't remember where I saw it or what exactly the story/villain was. I'm pretty sure the villain was a wizard and I remember there being a monument/statue that was invisible and had a riddle on it that needed solving in order to gain access to the lair itself. The riddle was a word puzzle, IIRC. I think the villain had numerous lairs all over the place and this was just one of many. It may have been in an issue of Dungeon magazine.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Sounds like the classic Mud Sorceror's Tomb. It was acknowledged as the Best Dungeon Adventure of all time and was re-released for 3E last year in Dungeon #138.

Also sounds like a scene from D&D 2 - The Movie.

No, that's definitely not it.

There was a statue in the middle of a forested area and, IIRC, the statue was invisible and had runes on it that needed to be decoded to enter the lair below. From what I remember, the villain had many of these lairs and this was just one of them. I think he was some iconic D&D villain.

It might have had something to do with Juiblex or some other weird/alien/insane god.

There might have even been a tie-in to the D&D 2 movie.

I never ran it but I read it recently. Probably about a year or two ago. There was an adventure on the D&D 2 DVD disc and now I'm wondering it that's where it was from...

Remove ads