Stats for the Circle of Eight?

Do stats for the Circle of Eight (of whom there are nine, including the Big M) exist anywhere that doesn't involve me forking out for a sourcebook? Their levels are recorded in the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer but that seems to be about it. Can someone point me in the right direction here? It's not that important, but the discussion about using Named NPCs prompted me to try and track these stats down, just in case the PCs actively come into conflict with the Eight, which is not out of the realm of possibility, or if the PCs' rival guild does (which is even more inside that same realm). Anybody know where I can find this? Anyone? Bueller?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I know that many of them are statted out in Vecna Lives! by Zeb Cook for 2E. Offhand, I believe it has: Rary, Tenser, Otto, Otiluke, Jallarzi, Drawmij, Bigby, Leomund, and Nystul. Nothing on Mordenkainen.

For 3E, there were some stats (not full, IIRC, just levels and possibly ability scores) for the Circle in a free handout that came with the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (or somewhere- I honestly can't quite recall where I got it, though I'm sure a quick google would refresh my memory). It detailed the current 8 (Bigby, Jallarzi, Warnes, Theodain, Alhamazad, Otto, Nystul, and Drawmij.)

The Epic Level Handbook has stats for Mordenkainen.

Other than those, and the LGG that you mentioned, I don't know offhand of any other source.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Cthulhudrew said:
For 3E, there were some stats (not full, IIRC, just levels and possibly ability scores) for the Circle in a free handout that came with the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (or somewhere- I honestly can't quite recall where I got it, though I'm sure a quick google would refresh my memory). It detailed the current 8 (Bigby, Jallarzi, Warnes, Theodain, Alhamazad, Otto, Nystul, and Drawmij.)

IIRC, Living Greyhawk Journal #0. Came with Dragon magazine.

2E City of Greyhawk boxed set has stats for a couple, IIRC.
WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure has (faux)-1e Mordenkainen stats.

Cheers!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Living Greyhawk Journal #0 has abbreviated stats and longer descriptions/background for "the Circle of Eight as of late Spring, Common Year 591":
  • Alhamazad the Wise
  • Bigby
  • Drawmij
  • Jallarzi Sallavarian
  • Mordenkainen
  • Nystul
  • Otto
  • Theodain Eriason
  • Warnes Starcoat

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
There's one going for US$10 on ebay right now. But the stats in it are really minimal - just class level, alignment and ability scores. Unless you're a really stickler for using something official, you are probably better off updating the 2nd Edition stats from Vecna Lives and/or Return of the Eight (both available as PDFs), or just making them up as you need them.

xmanii

Explorer
Looking through my copy of Return of the Eight, and some are listed in there. It is 2E, copyright date is 1998.

Let me know if you need stats, and I'll see if I can't post it.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
The Circle of Eight stats in LGJ 0 weren't full stats. As I recall, all that was given was class, level, ability scores, and a lot of background and history text.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i thought i had googled LGJ 0 before and found a PDF copy on the internet somewhere? or maybe i was mistaken...

Remove ads