City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

corcio

First Post
sniffing the air vigorously the halfling mutters something barely audible. "....mmm...pie..."
and smacks his lips a few times

Wik

First Post
His former, slightly naive mood gone, Galwynn regards the halfling for a moment. "He's waking up, but he still looks a bit pale. Should we bring him along, priest?".

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Phoenix said:
"Hmmmm...understood. I shall use my powers to convince those most ardent to seek elsewhere for their own pastry rather than absconding with your pie...." Saithnar comments. "When do we begin this journey?" he asks.
"We can pick up the pie in my store as soon as these two fellows are finished with their contest."

Wik said:
His former, slightly naive mood gone, Galwynn regards the halfling for a moment. "He's waking up, but he still looks a bit pale. Should we bring him along, priest?".
Edwyd looks at the collapsed halfling. "Oh no, he'll be no help in that state. Better he stays here, Joe'll take care of him." The serving girl who was helping Rathan is waiting tables now, but she's keeping a close eye on the halfling as well.

[sblock=To Corcio: ]Corcio, who is this Nesti character? You already have 3 characters, and I wasn't made aware of you starting an adventure.[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Rathan looks a bit perplexed... was he to keep these pie loving patrons of his store at bay with his boyish good looks? The cook had not left them many avenues of repulsion in this matter of delivery and pipes up to speak but tries not to interrupt....

" you leave us not much choice but to pick your customers up and physically MOVE them away from your pie my good cook. Is this what you suggest we go then?" the priest asks as he turns to the paladin with a raised brow at his rather odd question.... " oohh no.... he's lying there from lack of food... sticking a pie under his nose and telling him he can't actually EAT it... is both cruel, and unwise he'd surely turn on us in an instant to get some of the delectable pie" Rathan utters low and with a sagely nod, he was known for his worldly bouts of wisdom every once and a while....

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC to AGFlynn: ]
Cludge successfully beat Razh (they tied, but Cludge has the higher Str). Now Cludge should attempt to initiate a hold of his own, against Rasereit's 21.

First of all, Razh's 25 is his attempt to initiate a hold. Cludge's 25 is opposed to that 25, not the pin attempt (a 21). It's my mistake, but Rasereit wins the tie, because he has the higher grapple check modifier (+8).

That means Cludge needs to roll again, and this time beat Razh's 21, or else Cludge loses.

:] [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC to Rae] Ok, sounds good to me. Just wanna get it over with at this point... Here's my roll... Oh good lord, it continues: Cludge armwrestling roll to avoid pin (1d20+5=24).[/sblock]

Cludge, anxious to finish the match as he can hear developments arising nearby, grinds his teeth and gives a mighty shove. His face beet red, sweat standing out on his forehead, he manages to pull his knuckles away from the scarred wood of the table.
By the... ENWorphant's tusks.... yer a mighty opponent... friend... he gasps.

[sblock=OOC to Rae] So, that roll was to avoid the pin, correct? Here's one to either escape the grapple or wherver the hell we are now. Cludge armwrestling roll to escape grapple: (1d20+5=11)[/sblock]

P'raps...we should ... call a draw? No... honour... lost he says.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit pants as he struggles to keep his arm up. "Fine then... draw... on three? One... two... three!" Both dwarves let go at the same time and sigh loudly. Rasereit stands up. "By the Dog, mate, never have Ah seen such an even match! Well met, mate, well met!" Razh is laughing from the adrenaline still flowing through his veins.

He turns to the meeting going on next to him. Still catching his breath, he says, "Well Cludge, looks like... you've got some work... to do. This chap Galwynn looks like a tough chap... you oughtta do great. Ah've never been a dwarf t'turn down good food... but Ah think Ah'll cool down a bit..." Rasereit sits down again and leans back in his chair. He turns to Ogrin and starts a conversation about dwarven food.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge grins widely and slaps Rasereit's heavily armoured back -- and winces.
A fine match, friend,a fine match. I hope some day we can put a wee wager on orc heads, standing shoulder ta shoulder in a sea o' blood!
Cludge turns stiffly to the quieter conversation going on near the bar.
Guardin' pie, eatin' pie, transportin' pie, presentin' pie! I JUST LOVES PIE! Count me in, he says, stumping over to Galwynn's side.
NAME'S CLUDGE SLATEFIST, MASTER EDYWD, he roars. At yer service and ready ta defend this here pie to tha death, or at least to the crust! BRAA HAAA AAA!.
He looks up at Gal and grins. Then he looks around at his other companions. Well I ain't much for strategery, he says. But damme, I'll wager there's be none better here than my new friend Gal to hold that there pie whislt I makes a corrider for him ta follow in through tha crowds.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Good show, dwarf! You'll be a fine match for any would-be pie-snatcher, I can tell! Is that everybody? Let's go then. Thanks again, Joe!" With that, Edwyd leads the four adventurers out of the tavern and down the way, to his shop, Edwyd's Victuals.

[sblock=OOC: ]OOC: Move over to the Adventure thread. If any other players want to join, L1 or L5, just pop in within the next 24 hours.

OOC to my Players: Feel free to discuss "pie protection tactics" here or in the adventure thread. As soon as you're ready to do so, take the proffered pie and go forth into the masses![/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Slowly the tall human walks back from the tournament fields, his flame red hair being blown occasionaly by the occasional breath of wind. He looks up to see the throng of people in front of the bakery making him wonder what wears do they sell there, but he feels the need to wet his whistle...thus the red dragon inn being his destination.

Stepping up to the door the warrior pushes it open only to almost step on the bundle of filled clothing before him.
"vat ist das?" he asks no one in particular. Kneeling down amoungst the people trying to tend to him and what appears to be feeding the small form what appears small bites of bread. "das child on the zee table you want me to put? he asks of the one feeding the bread.with a kurt nod he places his hand on his chest and says, "Pendrake Utherman I am"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads