City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It's not us my lady, worry not. There is what we could call Karma, that may leed us to such situations." The druid coments, as he smiles to the elf.

Trouvere

Explorer
Voda Vosa said:
"It's not us my lady, worry not. There is what we could call Karma, that may leed us to such situations." The druid coments, as he smiles to the elf.
"Certainly there are some events in my life which bring me to that point of view." She looks at Carpio, coiled around Ciprinus's arm. "Is it the same for a druid as it is for a wizard?" she asks. "Did you spend a day in meditation, after which Carpio came to you, to be your companion? I should like to have had an ermine as a familiar, a weasel white as... as snow."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Stonebender, eh? Ah got me axes made there, did a stupendous job. An' Rilithorne the mage enchanted the big one. Cost a pretty penny, but it's the only kind o' magic Ah really appreciate. Reliable, ye know?"

[sblock=Voda Vosa: ]Allow me to apologize for Rasereit's rudeness. He's not a very charismatic fellow, and he's rather sensitive about his homeland. However, he's quick to forgive (or rather... forget!), so feel free to talk to him (or not) and know that it's my character talking, not me! :heh: [/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Stonebender, eh? Ah got me axes made there, did a stupendous job. An' Rilithorne the mage enchanted the big one. Cost a pretty penny, but it's the only kind o' magic Ah really appreciate. Reliable, ye know?"

[sblock=Voda Vosa: ]Allow me to apologize for Rasereit's rudeness. He's not a very charismatic fellow, and he's rather sensitive about his homeland. However, he's quick to forgive (or rather... forget!), so feel free to talk to him (or not) and know that it's my character talking, not me! :heh: [/sblock]

Cepheus smiles as he hears the Dwarf speak well of Stonebenders work. Ahh a customer then you are. We should have a drink together, Dwarven Ale I think would be appropriate and you can tell me tales of the deeds of your axe. It is not often we hear of the good our products do for our customers. Cepheus turns to the bar where Joe is pouring some drinks. A round of Dwarven Ale please for it seems fitting for a tale of dwarven weapons and deeds.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Carpios history is a not the ones that are short. Enough is to say that I have known him for most of my life, I grew up with him. Such a relation can't be forged with the allmighty arcane arts. May be in some hours, when sleep comes to call in my door , I will be in the mood to tell you the story. I'm not feeling quite storyteller right now"
(the dwarf with hard spelling name XD)[sblock]
Theres no need to apology, of course the dwarf is going angry, I would be too. Is that this druid of my asks to many questions. Quite anoying. [/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Voda Vosa said:
"Carpios history is a not the ones that are short. Enough is to say that I have known him for most of my life, I grew up with him. Such a relation can't be forged with the allmighty arcane arts. May be in some hours, when sleep comes to call in my door , I will be in the mood to tell you the story. I'm not feeling quite storyteller right now."
"Of course," says Taelythenihel. "I wonder why it is that half-humans invariably inherit this shortcoming."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn nods at Cepheus' story. "You know, most men and women of Halina are not fighters. The few of us who have taken up her sword did it only reluctantly, of course. I had a friend, Moros, who once told me 'armour is a warrior's best friend; the best sword in the world does nothing in the hands of a dead man.'"

At that, Galwynn's gaze drifts back over to Tael's, but he shakes the thought out of his head and looks at the gnome once more. "He's right, of course. And thank you for the kind words about my blade... I have learned many lessons carrying this burden, and I must admit I've grown attached to it, imperfections and all."

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel Nimmilemar appears not to notice Galwynn's glance, but a wintry smile appears on her lips nonetheless. She draws her cloak around herself and becomes still.

Trouvere

Explorer
The Red Dragon Inn door opens again. An non-descript human comes through the door and makes his way across the room, looking very much as though he's walking across the deck of a ship in a high wind. "Keldar is back," he says. "I've been… outside. Did you know there are other taverns in this town? Some of you people look like you've been in here for weeks. In the dark, like mushrooms. You should get outside, see the sun. Or the moon, or whatever. I met some people. They bought me drinks. I think I was supposed to buy too, but I thought you would be missing me, so I slipped out." He recognises some of the tavern patrons from his previous visit.
"Tree, Tray, Troimontes, my old friend. Good to see you again! And… and… beardy short guy, you too. And Covis, laddie, I’m sorry for that unfortunate" - he belches, for real this time – "y'know, that. Not polite of me." He lurches in Nodis's direction with arms spread wide, but he is unable to get his feet to cooperate with the plan to hug him. Instead he collides with a waitress. "Serving wench, a tall stoup of salt water, please! No, never mind, I've been trying to give up." He circles overly carefully around the woman, and reaches Galwynn Grimslade's table. "You're new," he says, extending a hand. "Keldar, Keldar Warbray, adventurer extr… extraord… at large." He sits down, and fortunately there is a chair beneath him.
"Well, helllllllo," he says, catching sight of Taelythenihel Nimmilemar, who sits silently at her chosen table some way behind Galwynn. "I do like ladies with pointy…" - he makes an ambiguous gesture. The elf's ears are not visible. "What do you think?" he says to Galwynn. "I like her. She looks… naughty."
Taelythenihel rises. She does not ignore Keldar exactly. It is simply as though he does not exist for her. Though she faces in his direction, her eyes focus beyond him. "I shall retire now," she says. "I have someone to meet tomorrow." She walks up the staircase to her private room, a small straight-backed figure.
"Oh well," says Keldar. "I can tell she was a little interested."

BigB

First Post
Wik said:
Galwynn nods at Cepheus' story. "You know, most men and women of Halina are not fighters. The few of us who have taken up her sword did it only reluctantly, of course. I had a friend, Moros, who once told me 'armour is a warrior's best friend; the best sword in the world does nothing in the hands of a dead man.'"

At that, Galwynn's gaze drifts back over to Tael's, but he shakes the thought out of his head and looks at the gnome once more. "He's right, of course. And thank you for the kind words about my blade... I have learned many lessons carrying this burden, and I must admit I've grown attached to it, imperfections and all."

I agree that armor can be a lifesaver, especially for those that stand in harms way to safeguard others. Perhaps one day I may be able to upgrade your safekeeping for you. You see I have been looking for the right person to get word out about my armor and my thought is how better than to find someone that can handle themself to wear my best armor and tell others where it came from. I had a very loud and powerful Orc in mind but I have learned that he may not be the most dependable for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads