A invite from China.Let's build a MAP for all players

dexteryy

Villager
Hi, I’m a fan of fantasy games and Dungeons & Dragons from China. Also Being keen on Google and funny web application, I have developed a “Theme Map” similar to Wikipedia on the basis of Google Maps API, and its “Theme” is “Table-top game players”:

its URL:
http://maps.ntfans.org/

Sorry, I'm not sure I can explain my original meaning in English.

There are a few D&D or Boardgame players distributing over China. It is difficult for me to find other players or relevant shop, therefore, i think Google Maps may be of great help.

On this webpage, you could mark anywhere at will on the google map, without registration and restriction; you could select different icons, enter title and introduction, add links and photos to introduction. all visitors would view the same map, so you could easily share your favorite places with others.

Satellite map could guide newbie. If many players make use of this map, it could become a funny statistical tool, which would help us view the condition of Table-top game players all over the world.

Since every icon has a fixed URL, you could visit it directly. You could drag the border to adjust the height of map, the operation is quick and easy ( no need to refresh). In addition, if you are interested in technology for the website, it’s developed by JavaScript and a few php regular expressions, based on XML database, in order to make it easy to install, copy and convenient to operate. Your comment will be appreciated here.

The URL you see here is its English version. I have released a Chinese version among players in China. Within several days, there are more than 50 places on this map, including some university associations, some gathering places of game group, and even some DM’s family addresses, you could also see them in its English Version (if Chinese can show normally in your machine )

It is fantastic for me to see all the DND game players in China on this map, I also hope that a future map could show the condition of Table-top game players all over the world. Therefore, I decided to release its English version. I hope it is useful for you.:)

Remove ads