Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: From where did you get the information that certain outsider might be more vulnerable to weapons made of silver or cold-iron? I'd like to see some knowledge checks before such knowledge is accepted as known. Past experience is also good offcourse.

jkason

First Post
B4cchus said:
ooc: From where did you get the information that certain outsider might be more vulnerable to weapons made of silver or cold-iron? I'd like to see some knowledge checks before such knowledge is accepted as known. Past experience is also good offcourse.

OOC: Eanos doesn't have Know ranks, but I thought it made sense that he'd follow the lead of Aletheia, sinces she's a priestess, and he figures a priestess would know about "creatures of darkness," as he calls them. She probably could have suggested they bring icecicles and he'd have supported the notion based on her assumed credentials. ;)

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik shrugs and adds, Dunna know about all plants or fiends. You stick 'em enough times and they all fall, yeah? His brow scrunches though as he thinks out loud, Then again, I'd rather not break mah rapier... He looks at the others, Yeah, check those bits and see if there's any blessin' or firin' you can do to our weap'ns. Maybe there's a few weapon oils we can bring or sumthin?

[sblock=ooc]
I would like to second the "Icecicles" recommendation. Also I say we bring garlic, I hear fiends HATE garlic! Garlic frozen in sharpened Icecicles will have us ruling the infinite layers in no time! ^_~ ((kidding))
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
B4cchus said:
(OOC: Experience--her older sister is obsessed with succubi, which have the cold iron vulnerability. Since Aletheia is not exactly like Sis, and she doesn't have Kn: The Planes, I figured I'd have her be confused and not able to remember which sort of special material was the right one. She does know that Silver and Cold Iron cut through the DR of some undead though, due to Kn: Religion, so she offered those. She doesn't know about Adamantine or its properties against constructs, so that's the material she missed)

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: RA: It is my belief taht knowledge from background should be represented in the skills at first level. I think these represent what the character has learned up till he starts adventuring. I suggest we end the 'discussion' here in order to get the adventure going i'll grant you some general knowledge but no specifics.

In reply to Eanos' question: "No, i have no definitive evidence about the guardian's nature. As i told you i do have hints that it will go at any length to keep it there and probably is evil. I know that certain evil creatures are vulnerable to weapons made of certain materials, especially silver and cold-iron. I will supply you with several weapons made of this material. Unfortunately i have no items like blessed weapons and such. As far as the oil and torches, I will see what extra supplies Dunbar can muster from the mansion."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion nods. "Thank you, milord. I think you will find us an able and talented group, and a good investment."

Manzanita

First Post
[brief interuption]Just a note to say I"ll be judging this & I've caught up on the reading. Sounds awesome![/brief interuption]

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: again thanks Manzanita!

When the servants have finished clearing the table Lord Graven rises "I am afraid that i have to be an ill manared host to leave my guests so soon. I have a lot of busines to attend to.. Dunbar will see to your wishes. You are free to use the study for the remainder of the evening. Dunbar will also show you your rooms and the equipment i have acquired for you. I hope you are as thrilled as i am to see the succes of this mission. I will be awaiting your return with much anticipation! I bid you goodbye and the best of luck on your mission." With that said, Lord Graven bows to you and walks to the door. Dunbar enters the room just before Graven leaves "Dear guests, if you follow be please I will take you to see your rooms and the equipment."

Remove ads