Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion

Quarion just nods, folds his napkin, and leaves the dining room.

In the study, he says, "I am not distrusting of our employer. Some of you seem to be dubious of his motives. He is an eccentric, wealthy collecter, willing to pay a price for the retrieval of a valuable collectible. If he is willing to pay me to travel and experience the world, especially what might have been a sacred druidic site, I will not complain."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Lyrue's Razor says that the simplest solution is often correct. If the amulet seals a demon, the simplest answer is that someone who wants the amulet wants to seal or unseal a demon, not that they just happen to want it for its artistic value. That said, if it is this man's dream to seal a demon, I will do my best to help him, even if he was not up front with his motives. I shall be glad to help," Aletheia agrees, "I wish that this had been a high profile mission of charity instead, but this may turn out to give me the chance to help even more people reach their dreams, so I shall be vigilant."

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik wipes off (some of) the food that spilled on his beard as he ate and walks quickly to catch up to the others. At catching the end of the conversation he adds, Someone's payin us and givin us items to get somethin so let's get it. We'll talk abou' the good n bad after.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Quite an interesting philosophy you have, Mordik my friend. I, for one, am willing to follow your example. Those who have scruples about taking the money and potentially not completing the job based on what we learn and discuss later may want to consider for a moment before accepting."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion frowns at this new development. "'Twould be truly dishonest of us to take money for a service that we do not intend to render. If it becomes clear to us that this artifact has no legitimate use, then we should at least return our employer his money."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Rystil Arden said:
"Quite an interesting philosophy you have, Mordik my friend. I, for one, am willing to follow your example. Those who have scruples about taking the money and potentially not completing the job based on what we learn and discuss later may want to consider for a moment before accepting."

"If there's one thing you can be sure of, Aletheia, it's that I'm a man of my word. If I accept these funds on condition of performing this errand, that's what I intend to do," Eanos says softly. "I just hope our employer's as good as his word; if we find ourselves in greater peril because he's chosen to withhold information, I shall be most ... put out."

Someone

Adventurer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion frowns at this new development. "If it becomes clear to us that this artifact has no legitimate use, then we should at least return our employer his money."

"Let us not speak of sad things." says Odno. "Truly the number of possibilities opened before us numbers as the stars in the night firmament, and I still lack the power to send my mind into them and discert the most likely, or go back in the threads of time and examine the truth: those things is my hope that will come with time and exhausting practice. Until then, we'll have to stick to more mundane means and go to the place. Without much doubt, we'll adquire more knowledge of the amulet and the circumstances surrounding it there, and our preparation to make any kind of ethical decision regarding our payment will be therefore increased."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion nods at the sage's wise words. "Odno speaks well. We cannot discern much more from here. Let us rest tonight and leave first thing tomorrow. I think I will stay here, in the study, so I can peruse our employer's library for anything worthwhile while you humans sleep."

Remove ads