What will happen to the Demonomicon articles?

Kyanus Ren

First Post
With the impending passing of Dragon magazine what will happen to my favorite series? Will James and Co. still be writing up info and stats on the remaining demon lords or will all that just fade away? Any scoops or info would be appreciated. A sad day indeed. I comment all the time to my friends that Dragon and Dungeon are by far the best resources I use in my weekly game.

Last edited:

sckeener

First Post
Kyanus Ren said:
With the impending passing of Dragon magazine what will happen to my favorite series? Will James and Co. still be writing up info and stats on the remaining demon lords or will all that just fade away? Any scoops or info would be appreciated. A sad day indeed. I comment all the time to my friends that Dragon and Dungeon are by far the best resources I use in my weekly game.

Unless WotC springs for it, I doubt they'll continue. Also, James would have to write it when not working for Paizo, I bet...off hours.....

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'd say forget about this one. Unless several are fast-tracked into the remaining issues, there'll likely be just the one more (which'll be about Demogorgon, it's 99.99% certain). WotC wouldn't want to put out another fiend-book so soon after the Fiendish Codices, and Paizo isn't a second-party company anymore.

:( :( :(

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hm, there may still be hope...

ehren37 said:
Incidentally what happens to Demonomicron/Core Beliefs?

Erik Mona said:
Both colums will appear twice more before Dragon ceases publication. We'll be doing similar-style articles in Pathfinder (and elsewhere), but both of those series hinge pretty heavily on intellectual property controlled by Wizards of the Coast.

We're continuing discussions with WotC about future licensed content, and I think both of these columns would make very interesting stand-alone books, with a considerable amount of new material added to the existing articles.

It's possible that WotC will decide to continue the columns online. I honestly have no idea.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon

Remove ads