Sun school pair

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm, ok so say there's two characters flanking someone, and they both have the Sun School feat from Complete Warrior(The part that matters is the 'move beside someone instantaneously, get a free attack').
Now, say they instantaneously change places with each other (By Quickened Benign Transposition or some such).

A) Do they both get the extra attack from their respective feats? (I have someone who says you have to move beside someone instantaneously of your OWN volition, and can't benefit from the feat if someone else moves you).
B) Are said free attacks able to be sneak attacks, since he's flanked? (I think that's a DUH, but some people disagree).
C) Which attack happens first? If one of them Trips the opponent, does the other gain the +4 atk?

The same question -
someone casting Teleport on self + Ally (Both with Sun School) so that both end up beside someone. Do they both get the attack? If one Trips the opponent, can the other get the +4 and add Sneak Attack?

Thanks for your opinions.

javcs

First Post
A) From reading the feat, looks like they would get their attacks.

B) If they get the attacks and are flanking, their attacks would meet conditions for, and thus are qualified for, sneak attack. So if they've got sneak attack, they can use it.

C) Treat it as you would two different people with the same initiative count. (IE, higher modifier goes first or in case of a tie, roll another check.

And on the last question, I believe so.

moritheil

First Post
Jemal said:
A) Do they both get the extra attack from their respective feats? (I have someone who says you have to move beside someone instantaneously of your OWN volition, and can't benefit from the feat if someone else moves you).

Teleport works only on willing creatures, so presumably you are moving of your own volition, just not under your own power.

B) Are said free attacks able to be sneak attacks, since he's flanked? (I think that's a DUH, but some people disagree).

No reason why not.

C) Which attack happens first? If one of them Trips the opponent, does the other gain the +4 atk?

Depends on the order in which they are resolved.

The same question -
someone casting Teleport on self + Ally (Both with Sun School) so that both end up beside someone. Do they both get the attack? If one Trips the opponent, can the other get the +4 and add Sneak Attack?

I'd like to see the exact text quoted, but I don't see why not assuming your summary is accurate.

Solarious

Explorer
Jemal said:
Assuming the teleportation effect in question has a Will save with the (harmless) tag, I don't really see why not.
Jemal said:
As long as both are there when the attacks happen, sure.
Jemal said:
If both of their feats trigger at the same time, then I would rule that you go by initiative order, then highest dex bonuses, then by flipping a coin for any duplicate results. And if the opponent is prone when the attack is made, +4 bonus applies.
Jemal said:
The same question -
Assuming the teleport is accurate enough to get them into position, yes. As for Sneak Attack, check for the conditions that allow Sneak Attack to take place, and if they are fullfilled before the attack is made, pull out the cup 'o d6s! :]
Jemal said:
You're welcome. Let me know when you start up another Epic PbP game. :p

moritheil

First Post
Solarious said:
You're welcome. Let me know when you start up another Epic PbP game. :p

I can't send messages, so on the off chance you read this, Jemal has one up and has just asked for sheet submissions.

Remove ads