Metal School

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Hhmmmmm...don't know what to say about that. Those guys all are skilled, but not really as Prog minded as the original Queensrÿche lineup. Perhaps we'll get something more...Judasy Priesty.

Maybe. This group is definitely a stylisitic departure from typical Queensryche, excepting Kelly Gray. I just don't know if he can play at the same level as Wilton and Degarmo... Production wise...yeah, he understands Queensryche. I just don't know if he has the chops.

But Bobby Blotzer...?!?

Don't get me wrong, he's a good drummer, but he's pretty much just a straight ahead, pound it out kind of drummer. That works for the type of metal he's been a part of, but I think the kind of intricate rythms like we heard in Mindcrime, are just way out of his league.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The only side project I know of is the documentary. Yes, supposedly it does involve recording some songs, so there may be an incredible soundtrack to go with it.

I foresee it being more than 6 months, though.

Herschel

Adventurer
I wouldn't be surprised to see Grohl do a series of shows as a drummer again, maybe with some sort of "supergroup", but I wouldn't think he'd do that for an extended time period either. It'd be interesting to see him get together with Chris Cornell for a little something or other.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe he's going to Geoff Tate's house to plead his case...

Or perhaps, he will don a cape and mask and sneak into the houses of pop stars- especially the young ones like Justin Bieber- to teach them about the merits of more substantial music... "BEWARE THE WRATH OF...DOUBLE FORTE!"

Last edited:

Herschel

Adventurer
"I'll show youy Bieber fever you little #%^@!^#%!@#!@!!!! See this, this is a guitar, it has strings that vibrate and make noise. It takes musicianship and manual dexterity to make it sing, yeah, and these are drums, I've played them a lot too and it builds up your physique, you know, muscles, with which I'm about to lkick your scrawny little butt with. Any sawed-off weasel can hang with Selena Gomez, I hung out with a guy who handled Courtney Love. Lets see you try to keep up with Lindsay Lohan. ":p

Herschel

Adventurer
Jake E. Lee's (FINALLY!) back in the music news and recording a new album. Sass Jordan is going to be providing vocals, though not sure if it's all tracks. Sign up Gil Moore and Mike Levine and Oh Canada, eh?

Remove ads