A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: If you guys are stalling, RPing and waiting for me... Don't. =D I'm waiting for you! Waiting for you to pick a road and head out on it. (If you guys take the road to Allimon, you may very well bump into the Notes on the Aether group. That would be interesting, since half of you have characters in that adventure! But I think you'll probably be taking a different road, first east out of Orussus and then south on the main trade route along the River Grellgo.)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: ohhhhhh. Conuld has already expressed a desire to start by heading towards Allimon, then eventually to Gotian, whether by the longer coast road - which has the advantage of passing through towns regularly, or cutting cross-country. That's directly SW, rather than E then S, along the Grellgo (no towns, at least none marked, until we get near to Lathirn, of ill-repute).

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Yeah, there are surely trade routes in that direction. And the Aether folks just ran into something... I'd rather not invade that adventure, so I think we'll have to handwave you past that area.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I am soft," says Conuld, "by that measure, though I wonder whether the sameness of the desert climate does not lead to a lack of adaptability in the populace, when compared with the people of less unforgiving lands, where a mistake may not be immediately fatal, and tradition more safely altered. Well, it is time for our first decision. Do we ride along the southern road, to Allimon and the coastway, or to the east, where the Grellgo crosses the road, and then south, following the course of the river? I should vote for the coastal route, if only because some of us have not yet measured our endurance on horseback, and would appreciate the chance of other travel options."

OOC: yes, a shame that we'd be riding straight through Grenton, and that 'Aether' has moved on past the point where that would make sense. Conuld would have been delighted to run into Tommy.

Solange

First Post
"When I came up towards Orussus, I came up the southern road. I believe it is best, as it heads to the west as you go further south, while the other road heads north at times," Shadya says. "But, I'm not one for directions, so if someone knows better, I'll listen."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Either way is fine by me..." says Kurgahz while he works on securing all his gear to his horse. "Think I'll call him Scar." he says with a smile to no one in particular.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Let us retrace the steps of your first journey, then," says Conuld. He looks up at Felynadaint. "Shall we be friends, horse? I am going to climb up onto your back now, and stay there for a few hours, with luck."

Solange

First Post
Shadya looks at Conuld and then back at Lasair, "Soft indeed." she says with a soft chuckle.

OOC: We're ready to go then and have a direction Rae :)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

Cludge peers suspiciously up at his new horse. Well, beastie, I guess I've got ta name yer too, he says. Checking underneath, he nods sagely and says, Well, I see yer a girlie. An' yer a big un'. You'll hafta be Bertha then.
Tying a knotted length of rope to the saddle horn, Cludge proceeds to climb into the saddle...
[sblock=Climb check] 14 [/sblock]
...and awkwardly hoists himself up.
Right, then. Which way to tha desert? he says, swaying ominously.

Remove ads