A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"So, these kids are off the hook from their tribe then?" Kurgahz asks for confirmation. "If so, are we keepin' them around to serve us and atone and all that crud, or are we just cutting them loose?" he asks as they head towards the Inn. "I'm so ready ta put my feet up and sit still for a while. That and a good drink to wash the dust outta my throat should about do the trick."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"They are tal zij. It is up to both them and each of us when their zij to each of us is gone. Letting them off with a wrist-slap shows that you have very little respect for their vhal, though perhaps you do not. I intend to be as harsh with them as possible as a sign of my respect."

Trouvere

Explorer
"They have no money and very little in the way of supplies. If they accompany us, we must outfit them, and they will incur yet more obligation to us. Though I wish the mother-to-be and her lover well, now that they are no longer hunted, the bonds that tie them to us are loosened. I have not forgotten the joy in Samsa's face when he managed to stick his dagger in my gut. It will be small consolation to me that his vhal is diminished if he decides to repeat the act."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:20 AC:15)

They should all go back ta their mammies, Cludge growls, wincing as he rubs an ankle swollen where the viper's fangs sank in. I'm quickly losin' all patience wit' this lot. An I could use whatever passes as beer in this place. C'mon Kurghaz, let's test the local fare.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Jilsa quickly relays the information to her companions, though they can all hear for themselves what Jilna's father said. Jilna embraces Jonka and buries her head in his chest, and he looks at Lasair with gratefulness. Jilsa and the others just seem stunned. After a moment Jilsa says, "
We owe you our lives several times over. We cannot thank you enough
."
They remain respectfully silent as the party debates their fate.

OOC to Cludge and Lasair: You did indeed pass a wagon on your way, I just didn't mention it. I've edited the post to include the sighting.

OOC to Cludge: You passed your secondary poison saves as well.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz, Half-Orc Cleric 1 (HP: 10/10, AC: 14)

"So what exactly do ya wanna do with 'em, Lasair? Keep 'em around as servants till their debt of honor is paid? Then we'd havta outfit them, like Conuld said, and we've seen how they are in a fight. We don't really need their help in that department and if they get injured then we have ta use more resources to take care of them again. If restoring their honor is so important to them, then they should have the discipline to hold true to their course of bettering themselves without our babysitting. And if they don't, then they don't deserve to regain their honor anyway." Kurgahz says with an edge in his voice as he gets a little riled up.

"They weren't my responsibility before they decided to attack us and their not mine now. If you feel the need to advance your spirit by assuming responsibility for them then go ahead, but leave me out of it. No matter how desperate they were, they didn't have to attack the first people they saw on the road. They coulda approached us nicely and asked fer our help. That was THEIR decision which makes it THEIR responsibility in my book. If they wanna earn back their honor, they can go do a buncha charity work or somethin'. But that ain't gotta involve me." he finishes as he follows Cludge towards the Inn and hopefully a cold drink...or maybe two.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Random charity work will not eliminate their zij because their zij is to you. It is only gone when you truly believe that they no longer owe you. Clearly from Conuld's words, Samsa still has zij to Conuld for his dagger attack specifically."

'Does nothing but gold get to him?'

"As for outfitting them, Jilna's father gave me 100 gold in platinum that can easily be used for that purpose with much left over."

"Far from slowing us down, they should actually be able to increase our speed. We shall make them carry our equipment in such amount that our horses are no longer encumbered. Then we can travel with great haste and make them keep up with the horses through Hustling and a Forced March. This could increase our speed by as much as 50%."

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"I merely spoke to him and explained to him the situation, and he was on his way. Just like on the bridge, this another example of a case where talking it out may have been better than taking the rasher action, my young friend. I hope that all of you are well. I cannot speak for my companions, but I intend to honour your request to be made tal zij."[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
"If I were to pronounce that charitable work fulfil his debt to me, then it would," says Conuld. "But I do not recognise any such debt, in any case, and nor it seems do Cludge and Kurgahz. Your customs are just that... customs. They are not fundamental aspects of the make up of the world, like objects falling to the ground, or... or the way with a few gestures and a word, one can do this" - from the tip of Conuld's upraised finger a tiny candle-flame suddenly burns - "and I have no desire to take these youngsters hundreds of miles from their homes in servitude. Give them the money, or as much of it as you wish, and let them get on with their own lives as they see fit." Conuld looks down, and in an instant the grime of travel vanishes from his clothing, along with the small bloodstain. "Now, for the next hour, I am going to enjoy beverages made ice cold."

OOC - cast Prestidigitation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair's eyes narrow.*

"I do not like to speak out about myself. To do so is often to make an empty boast, but...you impugn my vhal. I know that your magic is wondrous and powerful, but don't you dare claim that what I do is not real. You say that it is not a fundamental aspect of the world. You are wrong! It is not much, but it is all I have and I am proud of it. It is how the ogre we encountered and a bulette I fought were both defeated. Without it, without vhal, I am nothing. Any person without vhal is nothing."

"Is that fire meant to be a challenge? Though the power of a Wizard is mighty and it may be my death, I will not back down from your challenge, Conuld."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Let me rephrase it for you...THEY DON'T OWE ME A FRAKKIN' THING!" Kurgahz shouts, pointing first at the kids, then thumbing his own chest hard as if to enhance his point. "They frakked up, and they gotta live their lives now in a way to make up for that themselves in their own heads. You say random charity won't due, but you're gonna make 'em run behind us to and through the desert as penance!? Ha!"

Remove ads