How much camp do you like in your games?

Blood Jester

First Post
Minimal to none really.
Except in Superhero games, where a little is suitable to the genre. :)

P.S. - I have at least one good friend who will be disappointed in me for my stance too. ;)

fusangite

First Post
the black knight said:
I can't resist a bit myself. How about you?
Depends on the style of game and who I'm playing with. Also, I don't GM campy games well but I love playing in them. Depends on the strengths and mood of the group. I've been known to love it both ways.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It isn't constant. There are cases where camp is good, cases where it isn't. Or... sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. :)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
fusangite said:
Depends on the style of game and who I'm playing with. Also, I don't GM campy games well but I love playing in them. Depends on the strengths and mood of the group. I've been known to love it both ways.

Yep, that about sums up my position too.

Doug McCrae

Legend
What would camp mean in a roleplaying game? The party meets in an inn? Monsters in rooms they can't get out of? Caves behind waterfalls? Gelatinous cubes?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Depends on the group to some extent, but my own preference is (within vague reason) the campier the better most of the time. If you're gonna play a role, take it right over the top! :)

Lane-"Sirius Black looks so much like my vision for this 20-year-old character it's frightening"-fan

Remove ads