Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tower's Shard
In Clifftop, a few blocks from the famous Clifftop Adventurer's guild, lies a popular spot called The Tower's Shard. The common street wisdom is that the Tower's Shard is a brewery and inn whose owner was a rich adventurer who died in the war and left the establishment to his servant, a warforged named Brews.

Brews, in little need of money, ran the establishment in the will of his former master. The tavern has loose policies on weapons, wands, and other adventuring gear, which combined with a discount for adventurers who can tell a good tale makes the Tower's Shard a popular stop for rising adventurers who are low on coin but high on spirit and eager to pursue conversation with other adventurers.

True to his name, Brews is a master brewer, and is widely known for his Grilled Red Herring, and a special mixed drink he calls the McGuffin. Brews quite enjoys listening to tales of adventure, and he is able to sit and listen to adventurers' old war stories for hours on end and remain fascinated, a quality which endears him to the more long-winded sort of adventurers particularly.

Important Links
The Character Thread
The Tower's Shard I

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek looks at the wine exchange and looks curiously at the ectoplasmic servant. "I thought unseen servants were not to be seen. That's neat!"

Velmont

First Post
"Not only that, I havn't pronounced a word nor I have made a single arcane gesture, but if you had looked into my eyes instead at that ectoplasmic creature, you'll have seen it bright as fire. All that because it isn't a spell I have cast, but a power of my mind that have manifested. It is pretty innate to me, but it has too many limits to my taste. Aracane spell have fewer limits and have a lot more versatilty when you have a spellbook well feed, but before thinking of scribing new spells in that spellbook, I'll start by trying to cast some cantrip successfully."

Wik

First Post
The door opens wide and lets in a fairly young-looking man, wearing clothes that were obviously once stylish, but now just seem slept-in and out-of-date. His long hair is pulled back, and whiskers are evident throughout his face. A thin rapier that has seen little use dangles from his waist.

He waves a hand nonchalantly at Brews, and mutters "You know me, Brews. Do we have to play this name game? Very well." He turns and addresses the room at large. "Name is Graff. D'Lyrandar, if you must know. And I'm looking for some mercenaries, to help me track down some personal property of mine. And time is of the essence."

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
This is an adventure proposal. It's intended for a good mix of characters. I want at least two 3rd level characters, and I want no more than 1 1st level character (and if you are 1st level, don't be surprised if you get killed). It's going to be a fairly lethal game; I expect at least one PC to die.

I want a good mix of characters - bards and rogues should come in particularly handy, and a Dragonmarked character would be nice as well. I expect the adventure to run for a good long while - it's almost a mini-campaign, so if you're going somewhere, don't even bother applying. And if you can't post at least twice a week, don't bother. [/sblock]

stonegod

Like a child, Tondrek is easily distracted by the new arrival. "Ooo! Lyrandar! They have the elemenental air ships! I always wanted to be on one! I once though that if you could bind a portal to Irian and Mabar, you could harness the massive explosions to go real fast!" He looks crestfallen a moment. "But my then I figure that it would be destroying the ship and three towns in the process."

The moment is quickly gone, and the heavily ladden half-orc shuffles his way over to the new arrival. Tugging at his coat, the half-orc asks, "I know about magic and artifice and junk. Can I help? Will we be flying?"

Edit: Tonrek is a 3rd level artificer.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Graff eyes Tonrek for a moment, looking him up and down. The half-elf toys with his whiskers for a moment, before asking slowly "Depends. You know anything about Airships? What about Elementals?"

stonegod

"I know a bunch! Letsee. If you calibrate a nice Khyber shard, and if your lucky, you get a friendly elemental. Now, with the floating wood, you have to be careful of the knots..." The half-orc will continue on the theoretical aspects of the construction of airships as long as no one shuts him up, obsessing over small details that a probably not even worth noticing. While he may talk like one dumb, there is obviously something going on up there.

OOC: Lots of Kn (architecture and engineering), none in Kn (the planes).

Wik

First Post
Graff nods slowly, listening intently. "Good. Good. I can't tell you much right now, but I can tell you that there will be an airship involved in our little task. I think I should keep you with me. We can discuss pay in a few moments; I hope to round up a larger group."

Solange

First Post
OOC: FYI, I have an approved Hobgoblin Spirit Shamen waiting, but I think I'm going to finish my 3rd level character and bring her in first. If someone needs her though, I'll drag her in here.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC] A spirit shaman would be good for his healing, but if you prefer your 3rd level character, go on... [/SBLOCK]

"A job?" asks Haltash. He picks up his purse and open it, putting his content on teh table. Only a few silver and copper fall on the table. "I think it would be time to do something lucrative or I'll starve before I figure how to cast a spell." He put back the silver and coppers in his pouch. "I would be interested" he tells to Graff. "I'm still studying the arcane art, but I have an easy time with the powers of teh mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases