Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
Circumstances conspire to answer my question more than words ever could.... I wonder what a "D'Lyrandar" is? Well, as long as his money is good.

"I am available, what would be the terms of the commission?"

The large door to the Brewery's Tavern room bangs open as a robed and hooded figure quickly pushing through, obviously in a rush.

Throwing back his hood, a narrow elven face is revealed, a long nose and pinched features puckered as his almond shaped eyes, halfway hidden by rimless oval blood red lensed spectacles, frantically search the large common room.

Yellow blond shoulder length hair hangs limply behind his long ears, a headband of dark blue holding back hair from his forehead, and matching the knee length hooded duster/robe of midnight blue and
embroidered with silver stars and moons along hem and sleeves he wears.

A bulging black leather satchel can be seen under the open robe, while a trio of pouches and a Karrnathi made light crossbow, hang off his belt, a small black leather bolt case on his hip, as well as the telltale hilt of a long sword, the sheathed blade neatly sticking out of a slit in his robe.

Spotting Brews at the bar, the obvious adventurer rushes over to it with quick steps, and demands loundly in an haughty tone, 'Barkeep, I've been following some sort floating squirrel like familiar since Pottery Row, have you seen it? The flitting thing bade me follow it as it sped past, seeking aid of some sort. I believe it entered here? Can you direct me?’

The warforged silently gestures to a backroom door, behind the bar and the elf nods his thanks and speeds off once again, quickly pushing through the door.

Wik

First Post
Graff faces Haltash. "Psychic, eh? Not exactly what I was looking for, but beggars can't be choosers!"

OOC: Hey, Patlin, what PC would you be running? I'm a little confused. :)
And Solange: Whatever PC you wanna bring in is fine. It's always fun having you on board.

Patlin

Explorer
Wik said:
OOC: Hey, Patlin, what PC would you be running? I'm a little confused. :)

ooc: In game terms, T'Ranis is A Githzerai Scout 1/Psychic Warrior 1 and is ECL 3. There's an aproved racial class progression for Githzerai, so he doesn't have all of his racial abilities yet, but also isn't suffering under the full burden of his +2 LA. Should we go up a level in play, he won't get another class level next time we level up... there are links to the aproved content threads in the character sheet to help make this easy for the DM to double check, should the DM so desire. You'll find a link to T'Ranis' character sheet in my .sig.

As a more in character description, he's a crossbowman and a scout. His people are naturally gifted in psionics, and while he has some skill in that regard he wouldn't generally think to mention that in describing himself.

As a Scout, I expect he'll be dashing around the battlefield a lot and taking potshots at the enemy on the run. Eventually, he's aiming for the Slayer prestige class.

Mellubb

First Post
The door slowly opens and a warforged with a Spiked Chain over one shoulder and a back on the other slowly enter the room. He looks around awkwardly and says very quickly "I am Links and I am looking for employment as an adventurer or bodyguard." Then Links quickly moves to the bar and sits near Brews.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek's eyes light up with the new arrival. He cocks his head to the side, examining it. "Oooo! Shiny!" He shambles over the Links and looks him up and down, noting the curve of some of his plating and some of the more esoteric materials in the design. "A late Metrol model! They were price models for indivimiduals, made for people with the lots of shiny instead of the big people who run things. Neat!" The curious half-orc smiles up at the 'forged a moment. "I'm Tondrek and he's hiring!" An exited finger points at Graff.

Patlin

Explorer
T'Ranis examines his light crossbow, which seems to be made of some unusual wood, checking for any wear and tear. Seeming satisfied, he straps it back in place.

Many of these folk of Eberron seem passionate. They do not embrace the calm taught in the monasteries of my home. Perhaps here, far from the chaos of Kythri, passion is not as great a weakness as it would be at home. No stray thought threatens to engulf the unwary in a ball of fire, or to drown them in a flood of water. Their homes do not seem likely to crash into one another, and the conditions would seem to allow them to build soaring towers such as this without fear... though I think I shall never be used to them. Nonetheless, I will strive to listen more than I speak, and to embrace calm.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Wik, I'm interested, and aside from one weekend in a couple of weeks I should be available for the rest of the year to post at least twice a day (in the evenings). Does that sound like often enough for your game? The character I'd be bringing is Guardian, a second level Warforged Knight. I think he'd probably be durable enough to roll with a 3rd level party. Animus was around here with a Gnome artificer as well, although I haven't seen him post for a while.

If you think my posting ability will be sufficient for your game, I'll hop into character and start chatting.

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: I'm interested. I have a 3rd level changeling telepath waiting for approval (shouldn't be too long). I can post twice a day too.

Shadow focuses mainly on infiltration/face work, but is a dangerous combatant.

And he wants you to know the airship incident was an accident. Really. If he had known the idiot was holding an alchemist's fire, he wouldn't have torpedoed him with a mind thrust.

Wik

First Post
Patlin - Sounds good. Just didn't know which character you were interested in running. And the scout part sounds great. Should mesh well with some of the scenes.

Icy Cool - Warforged Knight? Could be a lot of fun. What's Ebrron without Warforged? I like the idea. You can totally talk to Graff, I'm pretty cool with "first come, first serve", although Graff will pick the best crew he can get.

Warlock - Sounds like it could work. Remember, though, that a balanced party is goign to be helpful. I've mostly designed the adventure already, and I won't move too much around to accomodate an off-balanced party. That beign said, I think the Telepath should function just dandy.

Graff is surprised at all the offers in front of him. "Well, they don't lie... this is the place to go to hire a group!"

He looks around the room for a few moment, counting the potential offers. "We'll wait for a few moments, and then we can have a quick chat. You can all start work today, I presume?"

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 15]
Graff obviously wants to get going. He's in a rush of some sort.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 20]
Graff's frequent looking at the door, and some of his furtive eye movements give the impression that he's involved in something vaguely illegal.[/sblock]

So, the potential group so far would be:

Haltash - Psionic character of some sort.
T'Ranis - Scout/Psychic Warrior
Guardian - Warforged Knight
Warlock - Telepath
Tondrek - Artificer
And a potential character from Solange.

That's a big group, right there. I'm going to look over the group, and try to pick the overall best group for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads