Streetscape

hero4hire

Explorer
Boddynock said:
Kol slows, then races towards the wagon. Jumping onto the back of it, he scrabbles for a grip, which costs him a few seconds, then hauls himself up the back. Getting to his feet at the top, he runs forward and sees the running man face to face with Payne. Ignoring the driver's startled curses, he pauses for a second to decide what to do. At this point, it would be easy enough to make his way quickly down the right hand side of the wain and run forward to the others.

Weren't we supposed to help this youth? Why does he want to get away so quickly?

Then it began to penetrate even Kol's ale-addled skull.

Now angry Kol scrambles down towards the fleeing man and Payne.

OOC: I dont know if I am even on an actual adventure at this point but I am enjoying myself :)

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne was a bit surprised that everything happened so quickly. One moment she was running down and alley, the next she was watching the incredibly dexterous young man ricochet off a wall. And now? He was standing right in front of her, debating. Without another moment's thought Payne closes the distance between her and the youth, her other hand quickly brings forth her bejeweled dagger. Enough was enough. ``I tire of your games..``

( If she can reach him, wasn't exactly sure how close he was, she'll grab him and threaten him with the dagger. Otherwise she's prepping to throw it. )

Boddynock

First Post
When Payne draws her dagger the young man stops short, throws up his hands in surrender, and says, "Whoa! All right. No problem." Each phrase is punctuated by a deep gasp as he pants for breath.

"Well done. I didn't know about that shortcut. Very neat. Although I must admit, I'm not sure how much longer I could have stayed ahead of your friend there. Damn, he's persistent."

He leans over, resting his hands on his knees, and catches his breath. Then, straightening up, he grins at the rogue and says, "OK, let's go back to the Red Dragon. Mr Thorne'll be interested to know that you caught me."

hero4hire

Explorer
Boddynock said:
When Payne draws her dagger the young man stops short, throws up his hands in surrender, and says, "Whoa! All right. No problem." Each phrase is punctuated by a deep gasp as he pants for breath.

"Well done. I didn't know about that shortcut. Very neat. Although I must admit, I'm not sure how much longer I could have stayed ahead of your friend there. Damn, he's persistent."

He leans over, resting his hands on his knees, and catches his breath. Then, straightening up, he grins at the rogue and says, "OK, let's go back to the Red Dragon. Mr Thorne'll be interested to know that you caught me."

"One so tricky, should not be trusted!"

Kol will attempt to grapple him from behind to make sure he doesn't give us the slip.
But not for any damaging purpouses.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Her eyes narrow. ``This was all a ruse?`` Her voice remains level, never raising an octave, though its rather apparent she wasn't happy about things. ``Your employer is lucky I don't slit your throat and let you bleed out here in the streets. I wonder if you would get severance pay for that? Hm.`` She sheathes her dagger and watches as Kol nearly tackles the man. ``Easy there killer. Let's hold off on the beatin' until we speak with his boss, back at the tavern.`` And with that she bypasses Kol and the running man (hah!) and heads back to the Red Dragon Inn.

Boddynock

First Post
"OK ... ouch ... let's go."

The runner is more than happy to return to the inn. On the way he explains that his employer, one Alvar Thorne, a successful merchant here in Orussus, is looking to hire some adventurers, and wanted to see how they would react to a particular situation. Provided that Kol and Payne don't damage him, he's prepared to take the manhandling in good humour - not that he's got a lot of choice.

Lot

First Post
Lokin catches up with his group as they head back to the inn. He is slightly out of breath but generally in good spirits.

"Oh, you caught him, eh? He works for someone back at the inn hiring adventurers. He used this fellow to 'thin the herd,' so to speak. You probably already know that, huh?:

Lokin unbuckles his shield and throws it over his back by its carrying strap.

"Let's go see if he's still hiring. It sounded like pretty simple work. Probably below our current standard...but a job's a job, right?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Boddynock said:
"OK ... ouch ... let's go."

The runner is more than happy to return to the inn. On the way he explains that his employer, one Alvar Thorne, a successful merchant here in Orussus, is looking to hire some adventurers, and wanted to see how they would react to a particular situation. Provided that Kol and Payne don't damage him, he's prepared to take the manhandling in good humour - not that he's got a lot of choice.

Kol takes care to not damage the runner, but maintains his grip on him.
Soon the mercurial warrior's mood lightens.
"Those were some pretty impressive moves. Where did you learn that trick?"

OOC: Should we post our return to the Dragon?

Boddynock

First Post
"Uh, dunno - just always been able to do it. Although the running up walls bit took quite a bit of practice."

Jendral Thay, as he's introduced himself to you, grins at the recollection of the number of times he fell flat on his face trying to learn that particular trick.

"Look, now that your friend's here, do you mind if I have my arm back? I'm not going anywhere except back with you - and I'd rather not have one arm longer than the other."

He grins again.

OOC: Yes, entering the RDI would be good around about now. :)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Finishing up with the pots, having pulled himself from the race, Quozen responds, "Interesting! Such a fast runner! Still, such a pity he chose your stall to run into. Here. I think that's all of your wares... I'll head back to the Red Dragon Inn and find out if anyone has caught him. Have a good day, sir!"

Remove ads