Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
Milagroso - Not sure if you know exactly how Regen works, so just in case i'm gonna spell it out here.
The way it works is you take ranks seperately in each of the different categories (Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled, Unconscious, Dead). The number of ranks you take in them improves how often you make a recovery check. If you want it to be a full-round action, it would cost as follows: Bruised 1, Unconscious 1, Injured 4, Staggered 4, Disabled 6. I'm assuming you can't self ressurect.
Also, you can only make a single recovery check each round, the DC is 10. You currently have a + 3 from your Con. If you want to automatically succeed (Meaning you don't have to worry about rolling low and wasting your round), you would have to take Improved REcovery 6 (A funcion of Regeneration), giving you a +9 recovery check, which auto-succeeds.

I think Victim had the right idea, it would make more sense for you to go with Healing with the Personal Limiter. Costs 1pp/rank, and at rank 1, would automatically heal bruised and injured conditions on yourself for a full-round action (Which I think is what you were going for).

Jemal

Adventurer
drothgery said:
Just as a curiousity for now, is there a straightforward way to set up a power where you can dynamically trade strength for area of effect? When he's fully mastered his powers, I'd like it to be possible for Eric to give one or two people a major boost, or 10 people a smaller one, or something in between; the only thing I could see to try and accomplish that was setting up a power array with different 'preset' levels.
Yeah, the array would work best..
I'd say you take the first one as a High-Ranked Boost(Boosts 1 person lots), and then take an AP of it as ANOTHER Boost, this one being ranged, area (burst), and Selective, and being lower-ranked. can't think of anything else.

Jemal

Adventurer
Imerak - I don't think Diplomacy's what you're going for.. Intimidate would make more sense for a "would YOU argue with the super-strong little girl" concept.

Victim

First Post
Shrinking 4
(Alteration, free, personal, sustained)
Cost: 1pp/rank
Extra: Compression (+3)
Extra: Normal Strength (+1)
Power Feat: Growth Strike (1pp)
Total: 5pp/rank = 20pp + 1PF = 21
[SBLOCK=Flavor]This power is a function of Lightspeed’s ability to manipulate her molecules. She can shrink herself down to smaller size, but in the process her body becomes dense. Lightspeed might use this power to escape from harm, surprise a foe, or to make hiding easier.[/SBLOCK]

Insubstantial 2
(Alteration, free, personal, sustained)
Cost: 5pp/rank
Total: 5pp/rank = 10pp

You'd just buy Insubstancial as an AP (non dynamic) of Shrinking. Since your Shrinking costs 21 points, you'd have that many to spend on you Insubstancial - you could afford some upgrades. Depending on just how ghosty she becomes, you could upgrade the Insub to rank 4, or attach some other power to it, or just leave the extra points for now.

You'd drop the 10 points spent on Insub, and spend one of those again to get the AP feat.

Basically, you'd have the choice of her being ghostly, small and dense, or normal (neither power activated).

Lightspeed's Toughness is +3 from her Con normally, and she gains 4 points of Impervious Protection when using her shrinking/density for a total of +7.

It might be a good idea to spend some of the saved points adding some Toughness (somehow), defense, and attack bonus (she's at +10 damage (8 from powers, 2 from sneak attack) I think, so she could get up +12 attack). Since Julie is an experience hero from her Power Pack days, I think that combat traits around PL are more than justified.

Probably the closest thing in Dnd terms to APs is equipment. You wear one magic amulet, or another one - you can't benefit from both at the same time. Changing which power you have active in the array is changing which amulet your character wears (except it's a free action but only once round). Buying powers that run separately is more expensive and thus like paying the surcharge to have 2 different effects in the same slot.

Victim

First Post
Jemal said:
Imerak - I don't think Diplomacy's what you're going for.. Intimidate would make more sense for a "would YOU argue with the super-strong little girl" concept.

And even then Intimidate might be somewhat of a stretch, since Molly isn't really that scary in terms of demeanor. While my experience with Runaways is a bit limited - I've only read the opening story arc, 1-3 in the mini manga-esque books - she doesn't seem to be taken all that seriously until she busts out the super strength (at which point, I think there's also matter of common sense besides Intimidation).

For a similar reason, I eschewed Intimidate on Temper. To her continuing surprise and annoyance, the mannerisms used by rough male adults (who are often armed) to convey a sense of menace are rather ineffective and somewhat ridiculous when employed by a small girl (to be fair, she's also used to being armed). I was thinking of taking Delusion: Thinks she has lots of Intimidate, since she'd sometimes threaten when she'd be better off trying to befriend or manipulate.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal said:

Maybe it could become a ranked fortune feat? That way you can say if the target fails a will power save (DC 10 + Rank) it causes the target to become more easily manipulated (since they don't feel like arguing). As a result they would receive a penalty to their Sense Motive check. If they make the save, nothing happens.

That or you can basically create an power which improves a target's attitude towards you making them less likely to want to argue.. Basically Emotion Control Limited to Calm (or Love)* with the subtle power feat. This would cost 1pp per rank

* Calm makes a target become indifferent while Love makes the target become friendly (Helpful on failed save of 5+, Fanatical on a failed save of 10+).

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
drothgery said:
Just as a curiousity for now, is there a straightforward way to set up a power where you can dynamically trade strength for area of effect? When he's fully mastered his powers, I'd like it to be possible for Eric to give one or two people a major boost, or 10 people a smaller one, or something in between; the only thing I could see to try and accomplish that was setting up a power array with different 'preset' levels.
You could have Boost: trait +11 (area) be an AP of Boost: trait +22, for example. Or set it up as a dynamic array...

Example:
Boost: Strength +20
PF: Dynamic
AP: Boost: Strength +10 (EX: Area, +1, PF: Dynamic)

Victim

First Post
Well, you could not use Boost for the ability to enhance others. Instead, buy the ability as Affects Others on something. Then buy Progression feats for the Affects Others in a Dynamic Array with extra ranks of Boost. But that's probably more expensive than just buying the Progression normally, since you can get enough to grant 10 people the power for only a handful points.

I can't think of a good way to do it.

--------------------------

Maybe Molly would be better off with some kind of social reroll and retry thing.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Boost Example... Expensive but its a handy ability. Its completely unnoticeable. Its dynamic so you can control exactly what gets boosted and by how much it gets boosted.

Boost-all ability scores +14 [3pp/rank+28; 70PP]
...PF: Subtle 2, Dynamic
...DAP: Boost-all ability scores +9 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area4pp/rank+3)
...DAP: Boost-all skills +13 (PF: subtle 2; 3pp/rank+2)
...DAP: Boost-all skills +9 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area; 4pp/rank+3)
...DAP: Boost-attack +40 (PF: subtle 2; 1pp/rank+2)
...DAP: Boost-attack +19 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area; 2pp/rank+3)
...DAP: Boost-defense +40 (PF: subtle 2; 1pp/rank+2)
...DAP: Boost-defense +19 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area; 2pp/rank+3)
...DAP: Boost-all saves +13 (PF: subtle 2; 3pp/rank+2)
...DAP: Boost-all saves +9 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area; EX: Area; 4pp/rank+3)
...DAP: Boost-all powers +9 (PF: subtle 2; 3pp/rank+2)
...DAP: Boost-all powers +9 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area; 4pp/rank+3)
...DAP: Boost-speed +40 (PF: subtle 2; 1pp/rank+2)
...DAP: Boost-speed +19 (PF: subtle 2, Selective; EX: Area; 2pp/rank+3)

EDIT: And for 28 more points (which would change all the max ranks) you could make using Boost a Free Action rather than a Standard Action. For 1 more point you can slap on a Trigger power feat and set it to go off once a minute (or round, if you like); So, once a minute, you automatically boost those around you (you'd need to decide whom/what/how much though).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases