Dragon Magic

Wik

First Post
Alright. So I'm proposing some stuff from Dragon Magic:

Races
Silverbrow Humans I think these work great as a barbarian tribe of Seren Barbarians.

Glimmerskin Halflings: A group of nomadic Talenta halflings with a slight touch of dragon in them could be kind of interesting. Plus, it'd be a way to get some draconic characters from Khorvaire into the campaign.

Viletooth Lizardfolk: they fit perfectly as is, really. I like 'em.

Draconic Class Features
MOst of these are fairly, um, dragon-centred, and probably wouldn't work well for the PbP format. But a few show promise:

Aspect of the Dragon (druids) Proposed simply because druidic wild shaping is a pain in the butt, and this variant makes it easier. Plus, I think it's more interesting. But that's just me.

Drakken Familiar/Phynxkin Companion (Hexblade, Sorcerer, Wizard, druid, or ranger) The slightly draconic animal companions are a bit more interesting than usual, and I think that's worth it. I mean, hey, who really cares about animal companions, anyway?

Feats
I think ceremony feats wouldn't fit into the campaign very well. I just don't see it working with the fact that most of our groups are larger than the "Four participants" in many rituals, that doesn't work. Although, the modifiers pretty much amount to minor buffs that cost money - something that might work in a campaign that is relatively magic item light...

I'm wary about draconic lineages, for a slightly different reason. While they make sorcerers cooler (and draconic!), I don't know if I like how they stand. I mean, Brass Dragon lineage is scary - put's target to sleep, and my 3rd level sorcerer could have a DC of 15 on that, easily. Just... don't like 'em.

Either way, I'm not saying yay or nay for either, but putting 'em up for discussion. The feats I *do* like, though, are:

Draconic Armor
Draconic Heritage (And I support Dragon Shamans having this feat "Free" for purposes of qualifying for other feats)
Draconic Knowledge (GREAT for Eberron, I think!)
Draconic Senses
Draconic Vigor (limited heal for sorcerers... given how we have so few healers, it's an obvious one)
Dragonfire Assault
Dragonfire Inspiration (extra damage makes bards USEFUL)
Dragonfire Strike (why the extra die of damage, though, I don't understand)
Dragontouched

Classes and PrCs

Dragonfire Adept
I support adding the class. However, I think a few tweaks should be made, as was discussed in our Dragon Shaman thread.
* For starters, the Magic Insight Invocation should require a component to use the Identify ability. I think the component should be cheaper than a standard identify, though - maybe 50 GP instead of the usual 100. I think this is a fair compromise.

As for PrCs, I don't like most of them, but the few I'd like to see involved in game would be:

Hand of the Winged Masters
Pact Bound Adept (best. sorcerer. PrC. Ever)
Swift Wing

Draconic Spells
Haven't given all of thse a good look, so I think we can get to them in a bit.

Dragonpacts
I think we should allow dragon pacts into the game. They give sorcerers a nice boost in ability, which I think is necessary when you consider the versatility of wizards. While hte pact does involve some out of play rules, these can EASILY be done by the sorcerer character posting a thread, and having a judge mediate it. We could rule that all dragonpacts become OPEN by default, so that any GM can play with them as he sees fit.

I haven't used pacts yet in game, but my next campaign world will revolve around them. I'm very interested in the mechanics involved, and I think they mesh perfectly with the Eberron world.

Remove ads