16 Ciprinus
14 Ruud
10 Taelythenihel
10 Ossa
10 Valdaris
07 Dog
07 Carpio
07 Puppy[/sblock]Round 2:

Ciprinus and Valdaris make their way as quickly as they can through the wooded area. They duck beneath low-hanging branches and jump over roots that threaten to trip them up. As they come to the screen of branches beside the stream, they hear Taelythenihel say, "Kill the dog."

At the same time they see Carpio suddenly rear up and strike twice in quick succession at a small animal nestling in the grass. It yelps and falls to the ground. A second creature scurries onto the stream bank.

A moment later Taelythenihel snaps, "Ossa, stop!" She then shouts out, "Ciprinus! here!"[/sblock][sblock=Ruud]The gnome wizard hurries after his companions. His short legs, however, mean that he falls rapidly behind.[/sblock][sblock=Taelythenihel]Moments after she calls out, Taelythenihel sees Ciprinus and Valdaris run up behind the viper. When she turns to check on the dog, she sees that Ossa has frozen in place, scimitar still raised for a killing blow. The puppy, badly frightened, scurries past her and, giving Ossa a wide berth, runs to nuzzle at its mother repeatedly, whimpering loudly all the while. The adult dog, however, remains unconscious.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Alvar Thorne & Associates 01 - Map 01b - reduced.JPG
    Alvar Thorne & Associates 01 - Map 01b - reduced.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=everyone except Ruud]"There is a snake in the grass there. Carpio, I believe. Do not tread on him," says Taelythenihel. "The dog is slightly wounded, but she will recover consciousness in a few moments. She was defending her offspring, which were lying hidden near me. Carpio happened upon them as she attacked us. An unfortunate sequence of events, though at least Ossa stayed her hand and did not strike to kill. A pity that the dog has lost one of her puppies, though it would have been worse if the child had lost its parent. We should remove ourselves from this spot before the mother awakens."[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus hears what the elven mage says carefully. Then he nods, and order Carpio to get by his side. The snake starts swallow the puppy which will take him a few minutes
"Never mind Taelythenihel, Carpio would have killed that puppy sooner or later. Let me attend the mother and see what I can do"
Ciprinus approach the wounded dog and cast a healing spell upon it. With this ,some gestures and sounds, the druid will try to calm the dog mother down. Fortunately, Carpio will be done with the dogs son.
OOC: Cast heal light wounds http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1230393

Boddynock

First Post
Ruud makes his way through the trees, and joins his comrades as Ciprinus is healing the wounded dog.

Ciprinus' ministrations return the bitch to full health. She is, however, still unconscious. The puppy meanwhile backs away from the druid, growling, while still staying close to its mother.

[sblock=OOC]She will remain unconscious for another 3 rounds, then blinded and stunned for a further 3 rounds, then stunned for a final round. That won't be enough time for Carpio to finish eating the puppy, since it will take two minutes (20 rounds) to do so. That means that, unless you want to try moving the snake, which will require you to "push" it as a Handle Animal check, DC 25 (albeit with the druid's +4 bonus on HA checks with an animal companion), then you'll need to do something to calm the dog, which will, not surprisingly, not be well disposed towards the party.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
[sblock=DM] Could I just carry him? he is no that heavy. [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Do you mean Carpio? No, he's not that heavy - but he's just made a kill, he's halfway through eating it, there are all sorts of creatures stomping around disturbing him (i.e. the other PCs), and you want to pick him up and carry him off. I think that requires a special check, so I'm using the trick mechanism to duplicate that. To "push" an animal to do something it isn't trained to do requires a DC 25 Handle Animal check.

You can make more than one attempt to achieve this, but for every two failed attempts, the DC increases by 1. Each attempt takes a round.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ciprinus, I say again, that dog will wake in mere moments. It is only temporarily stunned. If I were her, I would not be pleased to see your snake devouring my young. It would be a shame to have to kill her, after striking her down once and then healing her. And what of the other puppy, who will lose its mother?" Taelythenihel loads her borrowed crossbow and moves off to the edge of the trees. "Ossa, come with me."

Drerek

First Post
Ruud looks a little uncomfortable at the snake consuming the puppy. "I don't think I want to be here with that dog wakes up." He'll head back to the wagons.

Remove ads