New article at the Delver's Dungeon - at long last!

thedungeondelver

Adventurer

As part of my ongoing, dare I say, campaign to breathe some new life in to the stale air of The Delver's Dungeon, I present to you a brand-new article, available (with no $10.00 subscription fee, for all computer formats!) here.

Enjoy, and look for more in the very near future.

Oh yeah, Atari Adventure. I remember playing that deep into the night after D&D sessions, sometimes. Getting the "magic/hidden dot" and checking out the hidden room with the programmer's name. Dragons that looked like ducks. And is that a sword or a crossbow? Hey, you killed that dragon with the hilt!

Not a video game, but Dark Tower also got some play-time, in those days.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Philotomy Jurament said:
Oh yeah, Atari Adventure. I remember playing that deep into the night after D&D sessions, sometimes. Getting the "magic/hidden dot" and checking out the hidden room with the programmer's name. Dragons that looked like ducks. And is that a sword or a crossbow? Hey, you killed that dragon with the hilt!

Not a video game, but Dark Tower also got some play-time, in those days.

Believe me, if I could find working copies of Dark Tower (good GOD have you seen what those go for?!) and the D&D electronic board game from ... Mattel was it? I'd have included them.

Sadly both of these items commanded a princely sum back in the day, so I wasn't really able to get them. I wanted 'em! Boy howdy did I...

(I think next I'm going to do TV shows...)

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Thanks for that!
A nice change from the 4E threads.

And some games I'd all but fogotten about. (Though will I confess I have the DVD set that contain playable versions of Dragons Lair I/II and Space Ace!!) :heh:

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
ShadowDenizen said:
Thanks for that!
A nice change from the 4E threads.

Not a problem! Look for more content, hopefully on a two or three times a week basis. Hopefully. I'm eyeing mini-adventures, for starters.

And some games I'd all but fogotten about. (Though will I confess I have the DVD set that contain playable versions of Dragons Lair I/II and Space Ace!!) :heh:

How are those, anyway? I've considered buying but always hesitate...

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Look for more content, hopefully on a two or three times a week basis. Hopefully. I'm eyeing mini-adventures, for starters.

Cool. Mini-adventues are a GOOD thing.
Alot of times we can't get the whole group together, so those would fit the bill nicely as "fill-ins".

How are those, anyway? I've considered buying but always hesitate...

About as good (or bad) as you remember them!! :lol:

More or less literal translations of the arcade games (though they play much quicker; I think they "recycle" the rooms fewer times.); once you figure out the "Pattern" for each room, it's quite simple, and not having to spend $1/game helps.

Oddly,I now prefer "SPace Ace" to "Dragons Lair".

If you're interested, DD, I have the single-release of Dragon's Lair I on DVD, if you want it. (I bought DLI before I realized there WAS a boxed set.) If I can find it, and you're interested, shoot me a PM or an EMail.

Ant

First Post
That was a great article and really got me keen to fire up one of the many emulators I've got sitting on my machine (actually, to be honest I was playing Temple of Apshai recently on my C64 emulator on my PSP -- it really helps make commuting much more pleasant.)

Also, I'm a big fan of mini-adventures as well so I'll definitely check back regularly.

Finally, my thanks as well for the distraction from the plethora of 4e threads.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Ant said:
That was a great article and really got me keen to fire up one of the many emulators I've got sitting on my machine (actually, to be honest I was playing Temple of Apshai recently on my C64 emulator on my PSP -- it really helps make commuting much more pleasant.)

Also, I'm a big fan of mini-adventures as well so I'll definitely check back regularly.

Finally, my thanks as well for the distraction from the plethora of 4e threads.

Well you (and everyone else) are quite welcome. It's always nice to hear some good feedback.

Yes, Temple of Apshai, Curse of Ra and Upper Reaches were...well, words fail me. Something that good not created by Gary Gygax? Man, that's a mindblower! :D

Remove ads