Where to Place Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I am planning on running this adventure module in the world of Eberron.

But, I am having difficulty placing it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a city in Eberron that I can replace with Greyhawk? I will be adding a lot of Eberron flavor to the city setting, I just need a good location. I plan on keeping the basic concept that a Mad Wizard built a tower next to a city and adventurers have been showing up there for decades, but I will be making some changes to the deity aspects of the adventure.

Last edited:

Wroat isn't too bad of a place, but I would lean toward Aundair given the focus on arcane magic. I wouldn't bother placing it in a city established in Eberron; instead I would simply drop it as is as a new separate city, possibly a free city to keep with the feel.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'd go with Whitecliff in Q'barra. If adventurers have been going there for decades, rather than centuries, that means it was sometime during the Last War. Q'barra is where Galifarans who were disenfranchised with the war went, and who would be more upset than good adventurers that were tired of killing decent people? And once they were there, there'd be plenty of exploration work for them to do.

Aluvial

Explorer
Don't.

Put some type of gate to Greyhawk in and then run the adventure.

Mord wants you adventurers with absolutely no tie to Oerth.... he gets them from where he wants.

Aluvial

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Aluvial said:
Don't.

Put some type of gate to Greyhawk in and then run the adventure.

Mord wants you adventurers with absolutely no tie to Oerth.... he gets them from where he wants.

Interesting concept. Thanks for the idea. It will require a lot less changes if I run in it Oerth, plus the PC Artificer will be the only one in the campaign setting at that point. The PC Shifter. The PC Warforged. Lots of splaining to do Lucy!!!

It also gives me a reason for them to explore the ruins. They need to find the way back home. Cool. :cool:

Remove ads