3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Shayuri

First Post
Narrowing down. I think my best inspiration so far is a tiefling beguiler. I'd definitely want to be a (somewhat) experienced planar, and if there's anyone else who wants to go that route, we could perhaps link backgrounds? Perhaps a pair of friends or at least associates making their way when fate throws them a curveball in the form of a bevy of primes to exploi...er...shepherd through the planes.

Scurry

First Post
Ooh, ooh, I wanna play!

I'm good with being prime, since it looks like other people already have plenty of cool ideas for planar characters, and my only knowledge of PS comes from Torment.

Class-wise, I'm very flexible (read: undecided) at this point in time. Warshaper looks intriguing for somekinda tricky shapeshifty guy what punches people through walls; and, alternately I'll confess I want an excuse to play a Warlock.

Zurai

First Post
Question:

Which Prime are the primes hailing from? Any specific setting or just whatever random stuff we come up with for backstory?

Another question:

Will you allow the feat Collegiate Wizard from Complete Arcane? It's actually not in the Feats section, but near the back of the book in the Wizard Training sidebar on page 181; it doubles the number of spells a wizard gets to add to his spellbook for free upon leveling up (6+[Int bonus] at first level, and 4 at other levels).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Code:
 Name: Dalminock Filinfur
Race: Gnome
Size: small
Alignment: True Neutral 

Str: 06 -2 (0p.)     Level: 5        XP: 0
Dex: 16 +3 (10p.)    BAB: +3         HP: 9+4+5+4+5= 27 WP: 16
Con: 16 +3 (6p.)     Grapple: +1     Dmg Red: 2/-
Int: 14 +2 (6p.)     Speed: 20'      Spell Res: 0
Wis: 10 +0 (2p.)     Init: +3      Spell Save: +1
Cha: 16 +3 (6p.)     ACP: -0         Spell Fail: 0%

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:          10    +2    +0    +3    +1    +0    +0    16
Touch: 14              Flatfooted: 12

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      1     +3          +4
Ref:                       1     +3          +4
Will:                      4     +0          +4

Weapon                Attack   Damage     Critical
Dagguer 		+7     1d6+1      19-20x2
Shortbow                +7     1d6           20x3

Languages: Dwarven, Common, Gnome, Elven.

Abilities: 
Class: Trapfinding, Sneak attack +2d6, Armor proficiencey (Light), weapon proficiencey (simple), Steal spell(2nd), Steal spell effect, spell grace, Dettect magic, Steal energy resistance 10, Steal spell-like ability
Gnome: Low-light vision, +2 save vs illusion, +1 dc vs illusion spells cast, Weapon familiarity, Spell like abilities (Speak with animals, ghost sounds, prestidigitation, dancing lights), +1 attack against kobolds an goblinoids, +2 listen & craft (alchemy), +4 dodge AC bonus vs giants

Feats: Weapon finesse, Improved diversion

Skill Points: 32+8+8+8+8       Max Ranks: 9/4
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Escape artist             5    +3          +8
Sleith of hand            5    +3          +8
Tumble                    5    +3          +8
Hide                      5    +3   +4     +11
Move silently             5    +3          +8
Bluff                     5    +3          +8
Search                    5    +0          +5
Spot                      5    +0          +5
Listen                    5    +0          +5
Use magic device          5    +3          +8
Craft Alchemy             4    +2          +6

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
+1 mithral Chain shirt armor   2200 gp  20lb 
+1 Dagguer              2010gp   3lb
+1 Shortbow                  2030gp  2lb
Flint and steel           1gp    -
Backpack                  2gp   2lb 
Sack x4                   4sp   2lb        
Bedroll                   1sp   5lb   
Arrows (40)               2gp   6lb
Ration, Trail(1 day)      5sp    1lb   
Travelers Outfit             
Ninf cape (CHA+1)        2000gp

Money: 
                         Weith: 

Height: 2'8"
Weight: 45 lb.
Eyes: yellow
Hair: black, with pointy beard and mustaches.
Skin: withe
Appearance: Dalminock is a little brown spot from the distance. Short even for a gnome, he usually pass unseen. He has a very cared pointy beard and coiled mustaches. His hair is tided in a horsetail. Dalminock brilliant eyes are always looking for something fun to do, for coins to earn, or a spell to steal.
Background: "You are to stupid to be a mage!" the other gnomes in Dalminocks class, in the wizard academy said to him. And they where right, the young gnome found very tough to learn all the arcane gestures, or remember the correct somatic components. Many accidents he made those years he was studding. After many failed tryies, Dalminock was expel from the academy. He wouldn't even dare to go back home, where his father will certanly have a punishment ready for him. All his brothers and sisters were great mages, even his cousin Todin who wasn't the smartest, had graduated!
So he flee, and started his journey to anywhere.
He visited some cities easily, until he ran out of coins. Such was a decisive turning in his life. He learned to steal, and make use of his innate powers to entertain an audience. Most of the times he found himself running as he was shoot with tomatoes.
Years passed, and Dalminock went from town to town, learning the hard way, what life had to offer. But after some time, he had developed some skill, even some he didn't expect to have. After a terrible night in the inn, where his show grant him another tomato salad, he opened the door to leave, at the same moment a human, a wizard, was about to enter the establishment. Of course, Dalminock didn't see the man, and stained the mage robes with tomato juice and the like. Horrified, the man cursed the poor gnome, and prepared to cast such spell on him. Seen things didn't look good for him, Dalminock did the only thing the thought convenient. He attacked the wizard. Surprised the wizard was, when the energy of the spell was drained by the gnome!
Using the surprise to his favor, Dalminock quickly scaped.
Since, he knew that if he couldn't cast a spell by his own, he could always steal one.

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Let me see if I can get answers to everyone:

HandofMystra: Aside from the usual concerns of trying to keep track of which spells work on which planes, planar druids have to keep in mind that "Nature", as a concept, is subjective to your location. Awakened Ironmaws and Viper Trees are probably a Bad Idea (TM), for example. Summoning spells draw from creatures native to the plane you're in; casting Summon Nature's Ally IV to summon a tiger while in the Nine Hells, for example, would net you a Maladomini tiger.

Nac Mac Feegle: I do not have Complete Champion, but if you'd really like to take the PrC, you can post the relavant info here in a Spoiler-block (to save space) and I'll take a look.

Voda Vosa: I do allow Complete Adventurer, and at first glance, your gnome looks fine to me. I'll take closer look in a little while and let you know if i spot anything odd. :)

Shayuri: It would definitely make it easier on the DM if the two planar characters (whomever they might be) had at least a casual acquaintance. Incidentally, I'd like the primes to work on pre-game relationships with each other as well, but of course, we can sort that all out after we find out who's playing what.

Scurry: Thanks for showing interest, and welcome to the madness that is the Character-Concept stage of the game. ;)

Zurai: I'll let the players decide where their characters originate from, so as not to stifle the creative juices. Later on, we'll decide how they've know each other. As for the Collegiate Wizard feat -- I'll let it in, if you can include some mention on your spellcaster's mentor in your Character Background.

All: Looking good, folks; I have a few meetings to head off to, but I'll check back here in around six hour's time. :)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Heh, a Tiefling and an Aasimar beguiler... That would be interesting. Though now that I think about it, I think it'd also be interesting to play a clueless Aasimar. So... hm... Well I guess I'll rip a bit off of my last PS character since I barely got to play him.

His family is upper class types, and his parents are both Aasimar. His dad is a mercykiller. However, perhaps due in part to teenage rebellion, he despised the mercykillers and their methods and ran away from home he ended up in the Hive, and somehow through shear luck, manage to survive long enough for someone decent to find him and decide to teach him how not to die like a berk. (Maybe even the other cager character.) One day while he was walking allong, tapping his left leg with the fingers of his left hand, he suddenly found himself in a giant field of vegitation. Staring around aghast at all of the green, taking deep breaths so as not to panic, he looked around himself, behind himself, above, and bellow, for some sign of the door. Unfortunatelly, he didn't see one, he wandered in a general direction for several minutes slowly starting to feel much more at ease. Almost unnaturally, though he was still completely lost. Just as he was starting to wonder whether or not there were any people on this plane, because as pleasant as it was, it was also kind of lonesome, he heard a soft rustle and looked all around and finally up to see the second most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. "Uh..." He said, as she landed. "Are you an angel?" The woman nodded and spoke in a voice as beautiful as her appearance. "Yes child, welcome to Ellysium." "Ch-, Child? Are you my great grandmother or somethin?!" The woman cocked an eyebrow amusedly at him. "I don't think so... Look, you look a bit lost, are you in need of aid?" "Oh... welll... um... See... I was kinda just walkin allong, Um... tappin my leg with my left hand... and then bang. I'm here, and the door's gone." The woman looked surprised at first by his words but understanding quickly dawned on her face. "I see, you are from the city of doors. Hm... I know of a portal that can return you there if you wish... but you are welcome to stay here as well." He paused for a moment, thinking it over. This place was certainly nice but, he really did need to return to the cage, there were folks who counted on him. Besides... this place was kind of... boring. "Uh, I better get back... This bur- er, place... is real nice, and I wouldn't mind bangin aroun with ya for a while but... I really oughta get back fore I'm missed. Er, thanks." The woman gave him a small smile, and cast a spell, teleporting them to the shore of a large lake. She pointed to the doorway hanging in the air beside them. "Here we are. Remember my child, that you are always welcome in Elysium." "Yeah, thanks. Seeya round some time, I hope." He stepped through the portal and stumbled at the half foot drop on the other side. Cursing as he dusted himself off he looked around to find himself staring at the buildings of the Lady's Ward. "Augh... I'm gonna be late! I hope I don't run into me old man...." and with that he set off with haste in an attempt to return to the hive.

Nephtys

First Post
I love planescape, hope I'm not too late. If not I'm thinking of playing a cleric, probably dwarven, LN but with a devious edge. Someone who can hold his own in a fight and help the others stay alive but can be just as useful when we're fighting with words and knowledge. Someone who's been around the block on his home world but is slightly overwhelmed by the planes (and doing his best to pretend otherwise).

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Here's the meat and potatoes of the class. It's not necessary for the sort of build I'm looking for, but it fit nicely and I realized I could take it, so I thought I'd ask.

[sblock]
Ordained Champion (5 level PrC)

Alignment: Any lawful, Neutral good or Neutral Evil
Skill: Knowledge (religion) 7 ranks
Feat: Weapon Focus with Deity's favored weapon
Spellcasting: Must be able to cast Spiritual Weapon
Special: Must worship Heironeous or Hextor

Full BAB, Good Fort and Will, Spellcasting progression at 2nd, 3rd and 5th levels.

First Level:
-Extra Domain: Gain War as a third domain, or if you already have war, gain another domain your god offers.
-Combat Feats: You may choose at 1st level to permanently sacrifice one or two granted domain powers to gain an equal number of fighter bonus feats.
-Continued Advancement: Levels in Ordained Champion stack with other levels for the purposes of domain powers and turn/rebuke undead.
-Spontaneous Casting: Lose the ability to spontaneously cast cure/inflict spells, gain the ability to spontaneously sacrifice spell slots to cast a War domain spell of the same level or lower.

Second Level:
-Gain Diehard as a bonus feat.
-Smite: Spend one turning attempt to make your next attack a smite - add charisma bonus to hit and turning level to damage.

Third level:
-Channel Spell: As a move action, channel a spell (using up the spell slot) into your weapon. The next opponent hit with the weapon takes the effects, SR and saves still apply. Area of effect spells will still only effect one target.
-Divine Bulwark: As a swift action sacrifice a spell slot to gain DR (Spell Level+1)/Chaotic for rounds equal to your levels in this class (this probably won't come into play too often since if I'm in full plate I'll always have DR 4/- which won't stack with DR/Chaotic).

Fourth Level:
-Fist of the Gods: As a swift action, sacrifice a spell slot to add (Spell Level+1) to weapon damage for rounds equal to class level.
-Rapid Spontaneous Spellcasting: When spontaneously casting a spell from the War domain, reduce the casting time by one step (Full Round spells take 1 standard action, Standard Action spells become swift)

Fifth Level:
-Holy Warrior: Spend a turning attempt to substitute your Wisdom for your Strength to hit and damage for five rounds.
-War Caster: +2 to caster level when casting spells from the War domain.
[/sblock]

Build-wise I'd start off as a Cleric of Heironeous with War and Protection, pick up Good as my extra domain (and probably sacrifice the domain ability for the extra feat).

HandofMystra

First Post
Cage-Rattler said:
Let me see if I can get answers to everyone:

HandofMystra: Aside from the usual concerns of trying to keep track of which spells work on which planes, planar druids have to keep in mind that "Nature", as a concept, is subjective to your location. Awakened Ironmaws and Viper Trees are probably a Bad Idea (TM), for example. Summoning spells draw from creatures native to the plane you're in; casting Summon Nature's Ally IV to summon a tiger while in the Nine Hells, for example, would net you a Maladomini tiger.
This sounds like there are some rules for summing and druids that are not from the PHB. Before I dig up a Manual of the Planes and the Planar Handbook is there a place I should look for these rules?

Remove ads