Master Spellthief

Ruslanchik

First Post
I recently got my hands on Complete Scoundrel and saw this feat. Basically it allows you to count spellthief levels as arcane caster levels and vice versa for the low cost of one feat. It seems like one could take three levels of wizard (or wu ren or whatever), then start taking levels of spellthief and get this feat at level 6. You would have trapfinding, sneak attack, sweet skills, full spellthief casting and full wizard casting. Am I wrong in this? If I'm right, is there any other way to make an arcane spellcaster?

Thanks for your input.

FalcWP

Explorer
Yes, you're wrong on this. It lets you add your spellthief levels to arcane caster levels for *caster level*, *not* for spells known, spells per day, or the level of spells you can cast. Its the same as taking Practiced Spellcaster.

That said, its a pretty powerful feat. It *does* allow you to have, say, a spellthief 1/wizard 19 who can steal 9th level spells. There's also the fact that it lets you cast wiz/sorc spells (or any other arcane spells, for that matter) in light armor. Overall... good, but not as good as you thought.

Remove ads