CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Rhun

First Post
Post assumes Jokad makes it across

Danth nods at Kael as Jokad waves them forward. "Go, my friend. I'll bring up the rear." He continues to kneel, his crossbow aimed across the gap, while his companion crosses, watching for any goblin guards.

hewligan

First Post
Trickling across, one by one, the group make it onto Thistletop Island. The crossing isn't fun, and Mal in particular seems to turn his nose up at the prospect, but he is finally persuaded, and slinks across, tail between his legs.

You all gather together on the island, almost within spitting distance of the front entrance of the stockade. You can still hear the noises to the north west of the compound, and the odd noise emanating from within, too muffled or indistinguishable to ascertain what they are.

The rain starts falling again, gently at first, but starting to build a little.

There is little cover here, and you feel exposed, but there has been no reaction to your presence, and the continuation of noises suggests nobody is manning the watch towers (or they are not paying much attention).

OOC: Let me know your course of action. You can go in (through the main gate, or over the walls), or navigate around to investigate, or any other ideas you have really.

Rhun

First Post
Danth crouches, seeking as much cover as possible. He puts his bow away, and readies his shield and morningstar. "I say we investigate the sounds to the northwest," whispers Danth. "If we need to withdraw, we can use the bridge as a choke point, even dropping it into the sea if we need to escape."

frostrune

First Post
Rhun said:
Danth crouches, seeking as much cover as possible. He puts his bow away, and readies his shield and morningstar. "I say we investigate the sounds to the northwest," whispers Danth. "If we need to withdraw, we can use the bridge as a choke point, even dropping it into the sea if we need to escape."

Jokad looks over the edge of the cliff to the pounding surf below.

"If by 'escape' you mean certain death, I'd rather make the bastards earn it."

OOC: I'm not sure I can visualize this stockade hewligan. Can we actually edge our way around it? Or do we have to enter either through the gates or over the walls? BTW, what is the climb DC for the walls? Anyone have a rope and grapnel?

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik looks at the wooden walls and listens to the sounds.

"I say we burn it down and roast the goblins inside."

OOC: I have rope, and a handy returning dagger that I could use to thread a rope through a window I bet.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: I will make a map of the island tonight, and perhaps include a crude sketch of the stockade so that you can visualise everything a bit better.

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik starts to laugh quietly. "Better yet, let's head back across the bridge. We'll stand there in those cubbies and fire at them when they come out. When we run out of arrows, we cut the bridge. End of goblins, unless they have wings." he grins.

Rhun

First Post
"We must be sure to kill their leader," says Danth. "Otherwise this could all be for naught. I'm not sure how well fire would work; the goblins may have an underground lair within the stockade."

Friadoc

Explorer
"We could scout out the leader, him them and put an end to their ways, and then fight a retreat to the bridge and cut it once we cross," suggests Kael as he looks around.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases