Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 254
  1. #1

    Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

    Time goes by and you, part of the Yar Gock tribe, do what ever needs to be done, the end of autumn is near and the winter is on the door step.
    The Goblins chores are including scouting the land by night, hunting, fishing, chopping woods, mining flint and other mundane works.
    When free, sleeping, struggling over females, eating and wrestling are the most frequent activities.
    The bugbears are working shifts in the prison, guarding, employing and torturing the slaves whenever the possibility comes.

    Room #1:
    Arrrggg..
    The ruthless Ogre steps inside the main room, most of the goblin imps immediately cower behind the females, the ogre is feared and it was not once nor twice, that an imp and a female found their death when approaching and sniffing the large creature out of curiosity, since then, when ever the Ogre steps into the big meeting place all tribe stand still, behind him, the super elite guards take their spots and calls
    Gathering!!
    The meeting room boils and broils as goblins line and takes their spots, all except for the entrances guards arrive in a matter of seconds, no one wants to upset the Mogur and late.
    After some time the Mogur arrive and takes his seat. Tok-Razul, the high priest takes his spot on the right of the seat.

    Winter is coming and the mighty one deserves special offering or this winter will be severed.
    The high priest squeaks.
    What does our lord of depth wishes from his tribe?
    Reply the Mogur.
    mumbling while Cutting his hand, dripping drops of blood and throwing rat bones into a bowl the high priest continue.
    The lord deserves humans, female and male to be sacrificed on the sacred altar, grinded wild boar fangs from the howling forest and what is this?!? I see stones and a dome, and a red stone ahh all are burned.
    The Priest licks his burned hands and mumbles incoherently.
    The opaque dome, the dome, the ruins
    The crowd of goblin whispers loudly as the substance in the bowl is caught on fire.
    The Priest has spoken!!
    Declares the tribe's chief from his stone chair and silence the mob.
    Several things must take place to survive the winter. Humans must be brought and sacrificed.
    The Mogur consults with the Priest in private while the room boils with excitement until the Ogre roars.
    It is late autumn, Human caravans are traveling to the village before the north mountain passes are blocked with snow, and we need to take caravan and humans.
    Pillage, Raid, Destroy.
    The Goblins cheer.
    We need meat from the forest!!!
    The chief calls
    Yeah, meat, deer, boar oh the howling beast.
    Several concerning voices mix with braver goblin's and hobgoblin's rejoicing
    But the red rock must be brought from the ruins!!!
    All goblins go silent.
    Consulting must be made, master to choose the most appropriate scum for the missions. To the Gallery (room #4) we must go and consult the paintings and the eyes.

    The Mogur, the high priest and the Ogre leave the room, leaving the super elite warriors and the Hobgoblins to guard the way outside of the room. Whispering and talking begin to spread among the mob, all are waiting for the return of the tribe's leaders.

 

  • #2
    Ur'nagi is resting in the female warren when the call of 'Gathering' goes through the caverns. Ur'nagi trucks her sword into her belt then wraps her furs around her. Then, like the others, she makes her way to the main chamber. The passage ways are crowded but Ur'nagi is rarely jostled. Lesser warriors have learnt to keep their distance, and she in turn knows to keep her distance from the stronger warriors.

    Arriving in the chamber, Ur'nagi slips along the wall, finding a quiet(ish) place from which to observe the proceedings. She does not join in the whispering, nor the cheering and celebrations. She watches quietly, attentive to the expressions and glances of those at the front, alert for danger.

    Ur'nagi frowns at the high priests final words. She tries to decide if it would be better to be chosen or not chosen. She decides that she can do nothing about it, so she will not worry about it.
    (-_-)


    [LEW] Jaan Saaresar of Orsilia, servant of the Greenman, is currently in - Limbo -

  • #3
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,807
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    Nerrak Spleenbiter listens carefully to the words, grinning evilly as the Mogur and the high priest leave the chamber. "Glorious," he mutters under his breath, rubbing his hands together vigorously. It would be an honor to be chosen for the special tasks that lay ahead. The goblin witchdoctor cackled with glee. Oh, to watch the humans scream as they were captured and tortured, and finally sacrificed to the Lord of Darkness upon the altar. "Yes, yes," Nerrak continues to mutter, "Glorious!"
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #4
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Tailspinner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,761
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Tailspinner
    My communities:

    Suxm Dreadgouge (Goblin Cleric 2)

    As the call for gathering was made, Suxm made his way to the meeting chamber. Once there he took his place with the other witchdoctor and shaman at their self proclaimed spot near Tok-Razul. As usual several of the elite warriors had already taken the spot. Suxm and his fellows had to act like they were going to curse them before they would back down. As the Mogur, Tok-Razul and the ogre left Suxm wondered at what mission he would be assigned. Seeing Nerrak, Suxm merely nodded to his fellow witchdoctor.
    Last edited by Tailspinner; Friday, 9th November, 2007 at 04:55 PM.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    FreeXenon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    3,139
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    Ignore FreeXenon
    My communities:

    Mek Thazug'il (Bugbear Ranger 1)

    Mek, returning from a small fishing trip, drops off his catches in the Female Work Room and then notices the tribe converging. He quietly joins the rest of the tribe in the Communal Room making his way to where the other Bugbears stand keeping his distance from them, as well as from the other Goblins and Hobgoblins.

    After listening to the tribe's leaders he scowls at the mention of humans and thinks to himself - "It should be dwarves." He waits for the leaders to return hoping that he will be selected as his normal duties are rather boring, lacking fresh blood and screams, and new prey.

  • #6
    The Mogur!!
    Calls the super elite guard to silence the whispering goblins.

    The Mogur takes his seat and scans his mob.
    Gor, Fodash
    The Sun master
    The high priest interrupts and whispers to the Mogur's ear.
    The human's caravan travels during sun time, Mog, Zub, Genk, Koshra and Ik'gosh you are to dispatch, pillage and bring the humans here.
    Ik'gosh, the crazy female shaman chuckles with pleasure and the four hired hobgoblins nod in agreement.
    Gor, Fodash, Vob, Mikas, Salvoroch and Dor Kursm. Bring us the boar from the howling forest. you'll get a bonus coins for every other forest animal you bring back here and Vob, if I'll hear that you ran from the battlefield again, I'll mop the floor in my chamber with your face, Ha ha ha.
    The goblins spring into maniacal laugh and insanity except for the poor goblin miner. As he goes to line with the other goblins and the two bugbears Salvoroch the Elf Slaver and Dor Kursm the Gnome head banger.
    Let it be a lesson to you, you dwarven rug!
    He then scans his mob once more
    Ur'nagi, I hope you'll perish in the ruins, you undisciplined wench.
    The Mogur chuckles in a low tones voice.
    The magic within the ruins master, we need the appropriate goblins.
    Say the High priest. The Mogur rubs his chin.
    Hmmm Sexm, Nerrak, you are going to the ruins.
    Looking over the entire tribe once more he adds
    Mek Thazug'il, they can use your muscles, you dirty bug.

    The Mogur have spoken!
    Declare Ber, The strongest Hobgoblin in the whole tribe, he consults with the High Priest and the Mogur and continue
    Those our mighty leader mentioned are to report after sunset in the watch post (Room #7), fully equipped, the meeting has over!
    The Mogur leaves the room and followerd by Tok-Razul and the Ogre.
    The common room backs to bustle and activity in a matter of seconds

    *Trading, buying and whatever you want can take place, sun dawn will be in 6 hours from now.
    Last edited by Strahd_Von_Zarovich; Sunday, 18th November, 2007 at 10:55 PM.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    FreeXenon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    3,139
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    Ignore FreeXenon
    My communities:

    Mek Thazug'il (Bugbear Ranger 1)

    Mek smirks at 'you undisciplined wench.' and 'you dirty bug' from their Mogur. The smirk quickly fades as he looks to make eye contact with all of the 3 Goblins that he will be overseeing in the mission to the Ruins. Once he has made eye contact he nods to them in recognition and then fades into the crowd making his way back to the Hidden Entrance's Guard Area (#7).

    There he will nod to the Hobgoblin in charge and then, assuming there is nothing else that needs to be done, he will spend sometime outside to scout out the path to the ruins to ensure he has a good idea of the layout and to see what all will be encountered. Mek will be very conservative in his scouting. If he does not make it all of the way there that is fine, as he will be more concerned with stealth: stealth first, scouting the path and surrounding areas second, and progress a long the path to the ruins third. He will return with plenty of time to meet and discuss plans for the journey (a hour or so before).

    [OOC: Is this plan OK? ]
    Last edited by FreeXenon; Saturday, 10th November, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Tailspinner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,761
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Tailspinner
    My communities:

    Suxm Dreadgouge (Goblin Cleric 2)

    Suxm went to rest and then just before time to meet, he prepared himself and went to watch post to join his group. Upon arriving at the watch post he sees the various groups joining together. He walks over to the others of his group and waits for the order to move out.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,807
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    Nerrak Spleenbiter, goblin druid 2

    Nerrak cackles, happy to be assigned to the exploration of the ruins. It was rumored that dark and twisted magics awaited the bold within the confines of the place. Perhaps the witchdoctor could recover something to increase his personal power. He continues to cackle as he considers the possibilities.

    Knowing sundown to not be far off, Nerrak moves to arm and armor himself, as well as gather his weapons and gear. That done, he seeks out his wolf companion Daggermouth. With the great black beast at his side, Nerrak Spleenbiter heads toward the watchpost to join those that will be his companions on this trek.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #10
    The dirt trail circles the lone knoll. by foot it supposed to take 20 minutes, but scouting and advancing in the bushes between the trees, takes Mek about one hour. The top third part of the knoll is tree less area, covered with grass and wild flower, there are no places to hide or take cover, except for a few stones that fell from the ruined tower.
    Advancing on the top third without being noticed is hard, walking by night is the best option here.
    No sign of other humanoids or demi-humans in the surrounding area, but the animals that live on this knoll, an occasional rabbit and a ferret flee from your sight into their burrows.

    *The wolves den lies in room #7 as well.
    Last edited by Strahd_Von_Zarovich; Tuesday, 13th November, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!
      By Strahd_Von_Zarovich in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 566
      Last Post: Friday, 22nd June, 2012, 08:12 AM
    2. Strahd's Goblinoid campaign "Yar Gock". CLOSED
      By Strahd_Von_Zarovich in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 118
      Last Post: Friday, 15th August, 2008, 02:07 AM
    3. Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock" - character's page
      By Strahd_Von_Zarovich in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Monday, 14th April, 2008, 02:59 PM
    4. Replies: 70
      Last Post: Tuesday, 30th October, 2007, 03:23 AM
    5. Goblinoid Invasion (GW LOTR mini's)
      By Kris in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Saturday, 10th January, 2004, 05:02 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •